Register

pvp-Haste 4.0.6 feral dps

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

pvp-Haste 4.0.6 feral dps

Postby octechx » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:34 pm

I was trying to find a link about how haste is scaling with kitty dps now, maybe Alaron could clear some stat priority info up for us. So normally I would be reforging all my haste into crit and stacking 40 agy gems. But with the change at what point does haste become more powerful than crit or agy? I'm focusing on pvp.
Last edited by octechx on Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Exalted

Re: Haste 4.0.6 feral dps

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:00 pm

For PvP (or PvE) Agility is far more valuable than crit or haste. For PvP (which I do not do a lot of) I would stick with crit over haste.

Here is an interesting Blog post that discusses the 4.06 patch from a feral PvP perspective and includes some discussion of stats, reforging, etc.

http://druidify.blogspot.com/2011/02/oh-whats-this.html

Honored

Postby mekell » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:01 pm

The short answer is it depends on your average itemlevel.

He posted something to the effect of this on the main page, but here is a summary

* ilvl 346: Prefer crit to haste
* ilvl 359: Crit/haste roughly equal
* ilvl 372: Prefer haste to crit

Less than 346 is the same as 346.

All of this, though, is just a rough guide. If you really want to know your particular situation, you need to plug your unbuffed casterform stats into Mew and run a simulation. It will tell you your relative stat values.

Edit: and leafkiller is right, nothing will outweigh agi except weapon dps.

Honored

Postby Arctagon » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:05 pm

I'm not much into PvP, so I don't know how useful Haste is there, but one thing is for certain - it will never beat Agility. Excluding Mastery and Strength, Agility is more than three times stronger than any other stat for us.

Edit: Leafkiller and mekell got in before me.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:13 pm

No matter what the sims say about the relative stat values of haste vs. crit, in PvP you will not gem or reforge for haste. PvP is about burst and you have plenty of time to regen energy while being CCed, kited etc. If people want to discuss crit vs. haste in PvE we should start a separate thread since this one is about PvP. I did a little reforging back and forth between crit and haste and running sims yesterday and it is not as simple as haste > crit or crit > haste...

Honored

Postby mekell » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:19 pm

I am sorry. Leaf caught it but i didn't. I missed the piece of this that he is focusing on pvp. I looked him up on armory and thought...wow that looks like a pvp build....guess what...it is!

I read through that post that leaf linked and its very interesting. I may have to try reforging to crit myself.

Postby octechx » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:48 am

what about items with haste already, keep it? Or reforge it to crit? I mostly been reforging everything to crit and mastery, right now i run a pretty even spread with a 40%crit and 44% mastery build.But with the nerf to the pvp gear i dropped a bit. Anyone else notice crits seem to flow better with flat numbers like 40.00 vs 40.78% maybe i'm crazy. Anyways so i should still reforge my haste to crit for pvp ya?

BTW leaf love the ovale script i'm getting all my buddies on it to train them for raid. Its showed much improvement for 7 of my druids friends.Then once they get the hang of it they're able to turn it off.
I started with 14k dps in a few blues and pvp gear pre-4.0.6 with it. So i'm really thankful for it. Much props you won me 2 pvp peices.

Honored

Re: pvp-Haste 4.0.6 feral dps

Postby Arctagon » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:52 am

Yes, you should reforge haste to crit, unless the piece hasn't got mastery on it.

Return to Kitty DPS