Register

Opener

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Opener

Postby Arctagon » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:22 pm

Is there any official, optimal opener (alliteration ftw)? It isn't a topic that comes around much.

Yesterday I was thinking about this, which I honestly haven't done much of before. After a little while of theorising, I came to an opener that might work. Please keep in mind that there hasn't been conducted any real calculation in conjunction with this, so it's pretty rough:

(Feral Charge ->) Faerie Fire (Feral) -> Rake -> Mangle -> Shred -> Ravage! -> Tiger's Fury -> Beserk -> Rip -> Rake -> Shred -> Savage Roar

Do you have any thoughts? Any specific opener you are currently using? Please do share!

Honored

Re: Opener

Postby mekell » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:16 pm

In most scenarios i FF first, then FC, Mangle, Shred, SR, Shred, TF, Ravage, rake, shred to 5, rip. This usually gets my ravage, rake and rip all with TF usually.

I am going off the top of my head, but i basically use all the energy i can so that when i SR, i can hit TF right after and get 5 cps within the limit so all of the debuffs get TF applied. Sometimes if i get unlucky on crits, i wont get my rip in with TF.

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:55 pm

Drezleith wrote:Is there any official, optimal opener (alliteration ftw)? It isn't a topic that comes around much.

Yesterday I was thinking about this, which I honestly haven't done much of before. After a little while of theorising, I came to an opener that might work. Please keep in mind that there hasn't been conducted any real calculation in conjunction with this, so it's pretty rough:

(Feral Charge ->) Faerie Fire (Feral) -> Rake -> Mangle -> Shred -> Ravage! -> Tiger's Fury -> Beserk -> Rip -> Rake -> Shred -> Savage Roar

Do you have any thoughts? Any specific opener you are currently using? Please do share!

Eh, you can hash it out, but as long as you get everything up, whatever works. Here's what I use:

1. FFF/FC
2. Mangle/Rake/Shred (R/M is probably better personal dps, but it's tiny)
3. TF (not on GCD so I usually push this with Shred)
4. Rip/Ravage! (if unlucky and not have 5 cps, Ravage!/Rip/Shred)
5. SR
6. Berserk (if not needed later). Need to do Berserk within 10s of hitting TF so you don't push back next TF.

Honored

Postby Arctagon » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:33 pm

FFF doesn't trigger the GCD, so I use it while in transition to the target from using FC. I apply Rake before Mangle since it makes the first tick come earlier while still benefiting from the Mangle debuff. Shred is used to get rid of energy, so that TF isn't wasted. Ravage! is used before TF so I get time to put up a 5CP Rip and refresh Rake before the effect expires; I could use Ravage! after putting up the bleeds, but the proc would expire before that, so spending it before TF remains as the only option. SR comes last since it is almost on the bottom of the priority list. Bleeds go up as early as possible due to their high priority.

Just a little background information about the opener. I find it to work very well - I end up close to 17k DPS in burst with this opener, while being in mostly blue gear and unbuffed.

Thank you for your inputs. I think it's healthy to look at others' preferences and ideas. :3

Return to Kitty DPS