Register

Kitty macros

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Kitty macros

Postby Warscreamer » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:48 am

First of all.. this is my first post on the forum, so 'Hello World!'.

I just received my new mouse and I finally get more buttons.
Because I already attached 99% of skills to my controller, I could use some macros to increase my DPS.
Could you share your settings and useful macros?

I currently have passive trinkets, so it's necessary to use them, but maybe there is some well known macros that I miss?
Kind Regards,
Warscreamer of Moonglade.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... mer/simple

Site Admin

Re: Kitty macros

Postby Alaron » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:17 pm

I think there was a thread on this already. Offhand, I don't use too many in kitty; snare break (shift from cat to cat), one button feral charge/ravage that resets after 10s...oh yeah, and I macroed Healthstone to Survival Instincts because I always forget to use the damn thing.

Postby Devils » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:58 pm

some useful macro and/or funny macro

#showtooltip
/cast [stance:1] Feral Charge(Bear Form)
/cast !Cat form

--> From Bear form cast Feral bear charge and change back to cat form at the same time. Its funny because its looks like the cat used the Bear Charge. And its usefull in Al'akir (when run away from the storm or meanwhile you throwd away. You can shift to bear gain 10 rage with 3 point Furor, than charge back as cat, and do the dmg --> some kind of shortcut, but you lost improved feral charge (bear) effect.
Also used (before 4.0.6) to break roots in cat form. Now: break slow effects.

#showtooltip
/cast [stance:3] Feral Charge(Cat Form)
/cast !Bear Form

-->same as above, but this time use feral charge cat and bear form at the same time --> Bear jump LOL :) Stampede will not disappeared, u can use Bash in pvp hten go back to cat form and pop free Ravage!. And of course in bear form break slow effects.

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=12 Feral Charge(Cat Form), Ravage, Ravage, Ravage

--> improve Stampeded Ravage usage, with "2 miss chance macro reset prevent" and 12 sec internal reset after the last key release/push.

#showtooltip
/cast [nostealth] Tiger's Fury; Dash
/use [nostealth] 10

--> If you are an Engineer it will use Synapse Springs every 2nd TF. (not glyphed)

#showtooltip
/use Elementium Dragonling
/equipset InsertItemSetNameHere
/in 300 /party >>Dragonling off CD.<<

--> First of all need to save a set of items. BEFORE the fight you need to equip one of your trinket slot the Dragonling and wait for the CD (or Gnomish Battle Chicken because the 5% party wild haste buff LOL :) - the buff have a chance to pop and it DONT stack with other haste buffs). U can usually do this while buffing, or eat a feasts etc. Before the fight (pull/combat) use the macro. It will pop the dragon and change the trinket back to the original one. (its better if you use a trinket with no internal CD-s (like Tia's Grace, or Fluid Death). After 300 sec, it will send a message in party chat, that you can us it in the next fight. Sadly pets dies rather easily in AoE fights :(.
Last edited by Devils on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:56 pm

Not all of these are "kitty" macros per se, but they are all useful feral macros.

#showtooltip Rebirth
/cast [@mouseover,dead] Rebirth; Rebirth
/run local playerName = UnitName("mouseover");SendChatMessage('{circle}Combat Rezzing{circle}: ' .. playerName, RAID);

Mouseover Rebirth macro, saves you a click so you can get back to DPSing faster. =)

#showtooltip
/cast [form:1] Enrage
/cast [form:3] Prowl
/cast [form:0/2/4/5] Rejuvenation

Form Specific Button Macro.
Saves action bar space on non-primary action bars. I have a bunch of these including:

(Bear), (Cat), (Anything else)
Frenzied Regeneration, Cower, Revive
Enrage, Prowl, Rejuvenation
Skull Bash(Bear Form), Skull Bash(Cat Form), Regrowth
Stampeding Roar(Bear Form), Stampeding Roar(Cat Form), Nourish

#showtooltip
/cast [form:1] Mangle(Bear Form)
/cast [form:1] Maul
/cast [form:3] Mangle(Cat Form)
/cast [form:3] Tiger's Fury
/use 10
/startattack

Lazy Cat (and Bear) Attack Macro.
Saves me brain time by not having to worry about Tiger's Fury or Glove Tinkers. (Yes, it might gives SLIGHTLY lower DPS if you can do these optimally manually, but honestly I can't do that AND keep up with a lot of the mechanics on the fights, so I just let the macros do it) Note: They are merged with my bear attack macros to save macro space.
I have 6 of these containing most of the core cat rotation abilities followed by a Tiger's Fury, the /use 10 and /startattack (and the bear stuff too, I can post em all if someone wants it)

#showtooltip
/cancelform
/use [outdoors, noswimming, nocombat, noflyable] Crusader's Black Warhorse;
/cast [swimming] Aquatic Form; [outdoors, flyable, nocombat] Swift Flight Form; [combat, outdoors, nomounted] Travel Form

All Purpose Travel Macro.
Change "Crusader's Black Warhorse" for whatever mount you want to use and it'll automatically choose the appropriate form/mount. There are some select areas that it doesn't function because blizzard has them marked as flyable but you can't use a flying mount in though I think most of those have been fixed since Cataclysm has been launched.

Return to Kitty DPS