Register

Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide / FAQ

Postby xahn » Sat May 31, 2014 4:53 am

Cool, but an example would be nazgrim shoulder vs shaman leggings (The offset piece) before they were pretty tight with shaman leggings being better by just ~1k dps, but I've been told that after the patch and with 4/4 upgrades that the shaman leggings have gotten better by ~11k DPS gain versus the nazgrim shoulder, which only make sense tbh because the stat would jump. But then again I haven't personally tested this yet

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Sat May 31, 2014 12:37 pm

The pants were better then the shoulders just simple because they had more total stats for Rune (when the same ilvl vs the shoulders). As the relative stats between them won't change as they upgrade I doubt that will change much. Other classes who have stat caps are much more likely to have some BIS pieces change just based on this.

When 6.0 hits (in the distant future) we will likely see some gear changes too as we adjust to the new systems and having all of our hit/exp be changed to other stats.

Honored

Postby RareBeast » Sat May 31, 2014 6:38 pm

Which reminds me - I still don't have a 2nd trinket to replace my Rune when the patch goes live. Better log on and do some flex before then I suppose.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:47 am

I've updated the BiS list replacing the Malkorok ring with Galakras' (Swift Serpent Signet). Seems like this was a small oversight in the original construction of the list as Galakras' ring does have more secondary stats, total it is about a 400 DPS gain. Thanks to Dwooed for pointing this out.

Note that the Malkorok ring is still better if Galakras' puts you over the expertise cap, which is fairly likely if you don't have full BiS yet.

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:35 pm

Just wondering if you will be making a 6.0 BiS list considering no Rune and being able to use all that stam/int gear that will now have agi on it as well. I have been collecting all the H WF gear that has Mastery/Crit on it that I can grab waiting for 6.0 and being able to max out my Mastery.

Honored

Postby Kraineth » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:51 pm

Steakbomb wrote:Just wondering if you will be making a 6.0 BiS list considering no Rune and being able to use all that stam/int gear that will now have agi on it as well. I have been collecting all the H WF gear that has Mastery/Crit on it that I can grab waiting for 6.0 and being able to max out my Mastery.

Current gear won't be changing main stats, the BiS in 6.0 will probably the exact same gear we have now, just with a different trinket other than Rune.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:47 am

I will, but it'll be a while before its reasonable to create such a list.

Kraineth wrote:Current gear won't be changing main stats, the BiS in 6.0 will probably the exact same gear we have now, just with a different trinket other than Rune.

It would be an extremely unlikely coincidence if the only piece whose BiS status changes is Rune.

Postby Dandeleon » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:01 pm

If priority after 6.0 is Mastery > Crit > Haste, we will change:
Paragons Ring (Haste/Mastery) -> Galakras Ring (Mastery/Crit*)
Malkorok Weapon (Haste/Mastery) -> Garrosh Weapon (Mastery/Crit)
Garrosh Belt (Crit/Haste) -> Dark Shaman Belt (Haste/Mastery*)
RoRO -> AoC or TeD

*After 6.0

Honored

Postby Cetlysm » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:19 pm

Are they removing snapshot on the pre-wod patch?
Cuz I don't see TeD working at all with dynamic dots.
Haromm/AoC looks like the way to go for sure.
Unless they mess with the trinkets again like they did on ToT and make them last longer.

Only shitty part about AoC is gonna be the berserk desynch if incarnation turns out to be good.

Also what about set 4, are we really gonna need it?
3CP sounds like a joke with no snapshoting, vs additional stats.
At least at lvl 90 with no FB perk.
ImageImage

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:53 am

Yeah Haromm's will likely be BiS, not sure about second trinket. The CDR trinkets are still in the process of being updated with the reversion of Readiness, presumably the same but you never know.

4 set will likely still be worth using I would think. Probably depends a lot on how hard FB hits since thats more or less where the extra CP dumps into when you've got absurd gear.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:22 pm

I expect a lot of multiple rips going on during multi target fights.

Postby Kroníc » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:26 pm

Wasn't sure if this was suggested before as an opener: Prepot, Healing Touch, Faerie Fire (to Proc Trinkets), TF/Berserk/Synapse Strings, SR, Rake Rip, Healing Touch, Thrash. The only reason I'm asking is because the TF while in stealth gets broken if you macro in Synapse string and the current advanced opener desyncs everything for me.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:44 am

I just save Berserk + Synapse Springs until after Ravage. Also, you need to cast Ravage -> Rip unless you want to significantly increase your chance of casting a 4 CP rip (from Rake not critting). The FF also isn't necessary if you're casting Ravage, of course.

Honored

Postby Amitty » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:35 am

Kroníc wrote:Wasn't sure if this was suggested before as an opener: Prepot, Healing Touch, Faerie Fire (to Proc Trinkets), TF/Berserk/Synapse Strings, SR, Rake Rip, Healing Touch, Thrash. The only reason I'm asking is because the TF while in stealth gets broken if you macro in Synapse string and the current advanced opener desyncs everything for me.

This one could be useful if you want to use the same TF macro in and out of stealth.
/cast Tiger's Fury
/use [no stealth] 10

But I start with a different Macro.
/cast Tiger's Fury
/cast Savage Roar

aggixx wrote:I just save Berserk + Synapse Springs until after Ravage. Also, you need to cast Ravage -> Rip unless you want to significantly increase your chance of casting a 4 CP rip (from Rake not critting). The FF also isn't necessary if you're casting Ravage, of course.

Berserk+SS right after Ravage and right before Rip makes the most sense indeed.

Postby Hwarra » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:48 am

Was just wondering if you are gonna post an update regarding 6.0 and WoD changes? Like how does the rotation change (I mean, since snapshotting is gone except for TR and SR, does it mean that after we apply all bleeds with both of those buffs, we just spam Shred? :) How about trinket procs and snapshots?)

Your guide helped me a lot to get familiar with Feral and assured me a spot in WoD progress group, but unfortunately I dont have enough time for beta or PTR tests :<

Thanks a ton for answering!

Postby Muakkis » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:37 am

Hwarra wrote:Was just wondering if you are gonna post an update regarding 6.0 and WoD changes? Like how does the rotation change (I mean, since snapshotting is gone except for TR and SR, does it mean that after we apply all bleeds with both of those buffs, we just spam Shred? :) How about trinket procs and snapshots?)

Your guide helped me a lot to get familiar with Feral and assured me a spot in WoD progress group, but unfortunately I dont have enough time for beta or PTR tests :<

Thanks a ton for answering!

Well at least in beta, Ferocious bite has gotten so significant buffs that you will be spammin shred to FB after your bleeds are up by the looks of it.

Honored

Postby Arctagon » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:25 pm

I have seen that I often have the opportunity to add 14% stronger Rakes and Rips. Is it worth clipping with that ratio? I know the original post says at least 15%, but I don't know how strict that is.

Also, how is Bottle of Infinite Stars (510) faring currently? I haven't played WoW since the release of patch 5.2, so I still have some gear from T14. I'm also wondering at what item level weapons beat my Gao-Rei, Staff of the Legendary Protector (504).

Other than that, I see logs of people who use Mangle only a handful of times during a boss encounter. How is this possible when you need to generate combo points to keep Rip (and Savage Roar) up?

Honored

Postby Zstriker » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:23 pm

yes it worth to clip in predictive way
pretty much all SoO lfr gear is worth for you to get atleast
with high gear it's much easier to maintain your abilities

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:54 pm

Working on updating this for 6.0 right now. Hold in there folks.

Exalted

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Postby aggixx » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:25 pm

Alright, updated for 6.0! Keep in mind the disclaimer at the top, this is for level 90 only! Most of this information in terms of stat and talent balance will be completely different at level 100 and I will have that information posted prior to launch.

I am still tweaking a few things so if you see something strange, don't panic ;)

Honored

Postby Zstriker » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:37 pm

ty for research, guess time to go back farm cata mats lol

also would like to know how treants are affceted statwise, should also delay them for agility trinket procs?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:00 am

Yes, you want to dump all your charges when your trinkets proc, and otherwise spend one charge when you're about to hit 3 to prevent capping out. They inherit your stats the moment you summon them and then their stats update with yours on a short interval for the duration of them being alive. Their Rake doesn't snapshot though of course so there's no awkward interactions anymore, just hit em right when you get procs for max damage.

Postby Hwarra » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:07 am

You are a star! :) Thanks a ton.

I got some questions though, if you don't mind.

1. You never mentioned Incarnation in 'Spec Recommendation', but you wrote whole thread as if it was best DPS choice [? or maybe FoN].
2. What about level 90 talent? I guess we would go for Vigil?
3. How do you feel about Steakbomb's BiS for 6.0? ( http://wod.wowhead.com/list=3898312/6.0-bis ) . As far as I can see, it goes for Crit > Haste > Mastery (not mentioning Vers and Multi since they are basically unavailable in gear for SoO stuff)

Sorry if those questions were actually answered on 1st page. At work ,can't focus too much on this guide atm :f

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:11 am

Thanks!

1. Incarnation is the best talent at level 100, but the guide is currently updated for level 90 where a lot of the choices are different.

2. The 90 talent tier is a healing/utility tier not a damage one anymore, so try out all the options and see what you like best! Dream of Cenarius is pretty weak until you get the rejuvenation perk while levelling to 100. I'll probably be using Nature's Vigil but like I said, doesn't hurt to try 'em all out. I'll update the guide to make it clear the 90 talents are no longer DPS talents.

3. I disagree because I think haste is pretty unattractive stat for as at 90. Its only a good stat in solely single target combat and even then its not fantastic. Realistically the majority of the encounters have some AoE or multitarget element which makes forsaking haste for mastery not a difficult choice.

I'm going to add a suggested gear list to the guide because I know that's something people want and it makes more sense to offer it there than expect people to page to the end of the thread and find it.

Edit: Here it is for those too lazy to page back to the guide.

Postby Hwarra » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:30 am

aggixx wrote:3. I disagree because I think haste is pretty unattractive stat for as at 90. Its only a good stat in solely single target combat and even then its not fantastic. Realistically the majority of the encouters have some AoE or multitarget element which makes forsaking haste for mastery not a difficult choice.

But won't it hurt if we have low haste + no SotW to regen energy a bit quicker? I play with SotW because I usually lack the energy if I play without it. Im considering using FoN as 6.0 hits the live servers, but I am afraid I will be lacking energy most of the times

Also, about snapshoting. Lets assume Im still wearing RoRo after 6.0 hits. Basically, if I apply Rip with SR and TR, and after that RoRo procs.. even if I apply new Rip it won't work? I mean, it won't be applied or it will have the same amount as previous one? Not sure if I put this right but I didnt have a chance to test this on beta/ptr, so.. :f

I would use Haromm's if I had one but the best I had was a normal one and I'm pretty sure I vendored it.

Item restoration is your friend :D

Ahh and one more thing. You are going to update this guide once again when WoD is released, right? (Im embarassed to say that without your guide I would probably be still not capable of raiding due to low dps. And now I am one of the best single target dpsers in guild. Even so, Im like a machine - without instructions I won't be able to work :D)

PreviousNext

Return to Archive