Register

Need some help with Mew.

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Need some help with Mew.

Postby Andanas » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:18 pm

On the "Model Parameters" tab there are some settings that I have no idea what value to enter.

In the "Common" box I'm speaking of 'Mob Cast Interval' ,and 'Mob Cast Time'. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that has something to do with Skull-Bash, but that would be a completely wild guess.

In the "Simulator" box the one I don't know is 'Travel time/Ravage'. I FC on every mob switch in Omnotron, and after every fel fire storm during Argaloth. But I have no idea what my travel time/ravage is.

And lastly, Leafkiller made a script for mew, how do I use that?

Thanks

Honored

Re: Need some help with Mew.

Postby Arctagon » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:10 pm

I think you can safely leave 'Mob Cast Interval' and 'Mob Cast Time' as they are. 'Travel time/Ravage' is simply how long it takes for you to run out, FC and Ravage.

Exalted

Re: Need some help with Mew.

Postby Leafkiller » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:16 am

Andanas wrote:On the "Model Parameters" tab there are some settings that I have no idea what value to enter.
In the "Common" box I'm speaking of 'Mob Cast Interval' ,and 'Mob Cast Time'. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that has something to do with Skull-Bash, but that would be a completely wild guess.

Specifically, cast interval is how long between interrupts and cast time is how long the spell to be interrupted lasts. Unless you are planning on modeling interrupts leave those blank. Mew is assuming a fixed time for interrupting in order to optimize a rotation and measure the dps while doing it.

Andanas wrote:In the "Simulator" box the one I don't know is 'Travel time/Ravage'. I FC on every mob switch in Omnotron, and after every fel fire storm during Argaloth. But I have no idea what my travel time/ravage is.

The Ravage choice is for using FC every time it is off of cooldown. Travel time is how long it takes you to run away from the mob until you are far enough away to use FC. For some bosses the time is 0 (twins for example). For others you have to run out. Unless you are planning on modeling your dps with FC on every cooldown, leave these alone.

Andanas wrote:And lastly, Leafkiller made a script for mew, how do I use that?
Thanks

Here is a good blog post on installing the script and setting up Mew: http://murlocparliament.com/2010/10/27/ ... r-dummies/

Return to Kitty DPS