Register

Maloriak and too much dps?

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Maloriak and too much dps?

Postby mekell » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:33 am

Those of you that have Mal on farm, are you guys encountering the issue we are, which is pushing Mal to 25% so fast that you have to sit around and wait for the 2nd green phase to happen?

I am referring to normal mode. This fight actually seems to be getting harder with more gear. Well, maybe not harder, but more "finiky" if you know what i mean.

My question is, if the above is true, what have you guys found to make this fight less prone to "standing around" waiting on a 2nd green phase? Or just in general, how you guys handle the fight when his health is dropping too fast.

Honored

Re: Maloriak and too much dps?

Postby mekell » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:34 am

I just realized that this isnt neccessarily a kitty dps question. So if someone needs to move or close this thread, feel free. Sorry about that. Otherwise, input is appreciated.

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:23 pm

We have started running into this. We just blitz then wait. Kindof sucks. Last night i was topping meters on my way to a ranked attempt i am sure then we had to call an all DPS stop. I took the time to pool energy and chat in party chat. I was allready at the back door so i dropped 3 mushrooms in prep for the coming AOE section. It isn't ideal i guess but it works. ALso it is a sign we need to move on to HM Mal.
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Honored

Postby Mihir » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:55 pm

We got the same on HM maloriak :(

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:00 pm

We call for a hard stop to dps at 32%. I suppose we could speed things up by killing more adds in the first green phase and then kiting the remaining ones through the burn phase :P

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:21 pm

Mihir wrote:We got the same on HM maloriak :(

Same. We usually spend most of the last red or blue phases just trying to not die before we go crazy on the last green.

Postby Kallapryy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:22 am

We stop at 30%, green is right after and we push from that moment on.

Honored

Postby mekell » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:54 am

Thanks guys, we are just halting dps too, its just an annoying mechanic that looks pretty much unavoidable.

Return to Kitty DPS