Register

Patch 4.1 discussion

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Re: Patch 4.1 discussion

Postby Fate » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:30 am

felhoof wrote:This is true only to a point - remember that many adds aren't boss-level and the hit/expertise caps for them are significantly lower.

8% for boss, 5-8% for adds. I'm running about 1% in my main cat set right now, so...

Actually, is expertise/facing an issue for swipe? I often end up in front of, say, Halfus whelps, just because it's such chaos then that I stack on the tank's raid marker while I work out what's going on.

(Not worth gearing differently just for the whelps, of course, but...)

Postby CaptainCub » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:33 am

Fate wrote:Does this mean that swipe will beat Mangle, when we can't get behind, and are on full CP? (Al'akir, say)

On Al'akir, except during Berserk I know I never find myself mangling at 5CP, with a shorter Rip while also having to refresh Savage Roar. You may want to pool some energy otherwise.

Honored

Postby felhoof » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:19 pm

Actually, is expertise/facing an issue for swipe? I often end up in front of, say, Halfus whelps, just because it's such chaos then that I stack on the tank's raid marker while I work out what's going on.
The cap for +2 lvl mobs is (IIRC) 24 expertise. So as long as they're not +3 lvl, swipe shouldn't parry.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:07 pm

So...Fandral Staghelm gets a badass fire cat as presumably one of his transformations for whatever boss fight he'll be in (jerk, as he was a crappy druid that tried to kill Malfurion)...anyways, why don't we get a fire cat form? :(

Honored

Postby Mihir » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:44 am

What's the reasoning for druids to have a fiery cat form?

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:21 am

Mihir wrote:What's the reasoning for druids to have a fiery cat form?

It looks awesome IMO. But for "us"(regular druids in Azeroth) there is no lore of any kind to support us having it. If your cat is on fire the mage is winning.
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Postby Beanna » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:12 pm

Sylvaneart wrote:
Mihir wrote:What's the reasoning for druids to have a fiery cat form?

It looks awesome IMO. But for "us"(regular druids in Azeroth) there is no lore of any kind to support us having it. If your cat is on fire the mage is winning.

Even if it looks badass, what I personnally find ridiculous, there is not more lore to support Fandral being a fiery cat even if the story says he has been tortured by cultists.
He is just a fiery cat because he is part of the Firelands raid. No more justification. It's just another retarded Chris Metzen's trick. /sigh

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:25 pm

Beanna wrote:Even if it looks badass, what I personnally find ridiculous, there is not more lore to support Fandral being a fiery cat even if the story says he has been tortured by cultists.
He is just a fiery cat because he is part of the Firelands raid. No more justification. It's just another retarded Chris Metzen's trick. /sigh

Just because we have not heard "lore" behind this change yet does not mean it isn't there. I can think of a very reasonable explination for the change. The whole Twilight Cult deal is fusing with elements and using that to end the world. There are quests surrounding killing Cultists before they can merge with elementals and "Acend" to be more powerful. Pretty sure that if Rag has got Staghelm, infusing him with fire elementals isn't that far fetched.

Also Staghelm is crazy for having his son killed twice in his eyes. At this point any powerful voice saying "I can bring your son back" would like get him to bend over and not only accept being messed with but welcome it.

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:01 pm

Agreed the Lore could very well be in place for Fandrel. It just isn't there for us. The whole elemental thing is Shaman IMO. I could see them infusing with an elemental to become supershaman defender of (random element here) but for us it is nature. Hence the cat, bear, tree, and boom. A druid fused with an elemental is a bit of a perversion of te druid way. And that fits Fandrel fine since he is off his rocker. I just think it looks cool.
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Honored

Postby felhoof » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:34 pm

It's also very likely some kind of special mount.

One thing that would do them so much good is to have things like this on special moves. If berserk turned cats into firecats of death that would go a long way towards making ferals feel more interesting to play.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:05 pm

felhoof wrote:It's also very likely some kind of special mount.

One thing that would do them so much good is to have things like this on special moves. If berserk turned cats into firecats of death that would go a long way towards making ferals feel more interesting to play.

Ooh...I like that suggestion. Would be awesome, a neat little visual to make it more interesting at any rate.

*also hopes for minor glyph of fiery cat form

Honored

Postby felhoof » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:36 pm

We also get a lot of that with other classes/specs, things they can do that immediately stand out visually to their friends and in pvp. Paladins have a ton of these things (popping wings, the retribution angel), but priests have them (spirit form, shadow form, now archangel wings), resto druids have them (tree form), warlocks have a couple (demon form among others), mages have their elementals, shamen have the wolf and the like...

Yeah, the more I think about it the more I like that idea. It's not necessary that you turn into fire cat or whatever - fire isn't exactly all that druidic - but having berserk turning you into dire bear and dire cat with an accompanying size increase and look would be pretty neat, I think.

Postby Beanna » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:42 pm

A visual effect announcing our berserk would tell everyone "hey I'll hurt you a lot, fast, somebody use a CC on me!". It is true that it would be nice to add animations to the cat but we should not shoot ourselves in the foot by doing so. I speak about PvP of course. ^^

Honored

Postby felhoof » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:41 pm

Berserk already has a visual effect - the model turns deep red. It's not hard for a pvper to see it currently, and any good pvper already does CC on berserk. So I don't see that as a particularly big issue except in lower tiers, and I don't really care that much about balancing what 1400MMR druids' experience are like.

Postby CaptainCub » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:01 am

felhoof wrote:Berserk already has a visual effect - the model turns deep red. It's not hard for a pvper to see it currently, and any good pvper already does CC on berserk. So I don't see that as a particularly big issue except in lower tiers, and I don't really care that much about balancing what 1400MMR druids' experience are like.

Uhmm no, Berserk puts your paws on fire. It's pretty subtle actually. The deep red look is caused by Survival Instincts. I think all PvP ferals would agree with Beanna, we don't need to advertise when we blow our cooldowns, especially when fewer druids have been glyphing it since the fear immunity was removed.

Honored

Postby mekell » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:21 pm

I just think it would be cool if our armor models somehow affected the appearance of cat form (which is what I first suspected was the case with Fandrel). I just assumed the fire was an armor rather than his "skin"

Postby cynrh » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:43 pm

Perhaps lighting cats on fire is what passes for entertainment in Firelands.

Honored

Postby felhoof » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:22 pm

Hey, if it works in West Virginia it works in WoW.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:41 pm

Well for what it's worth, I think the new Prowl icon is pretty dang ugly...like an eyesore on my UI...can't believe they wasted time making that junk up instead of fixing other feral problems...

Also, how unfair is it rogues get no speed penalty in stealth, yet druids still do? Granted in terms of pve it's fairly pointless for a feral to be in stealth, but it would have been more than welcomed in pvp...

Honored

Postby Andanas » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:38 pm

shinryu wrote:Well for what it's worth, I think the new Prowl icon is pretty dang ugly...like an eyesore on my UI...can't believe they wasted time making that junk up instead of fixing other feral problems...

Also, how unfair is it rogues get no speed penalty in stealth, yet druids still do? Granted in terms of pve it's fairly pointless for a feral to be in stealth, but it would have been more than welcomed in pvp...
We get the same speed bonus with 2/2 Feral Swiftness, so it doesn't bother me.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:05 pm

But still, in terms of pvp, I'd love 130 speed while stealthed...now Rogues can pretty much remain hidden and catch up to anyone.

Also, anyone else notice Fandral now has a scorpion form as well? Wonder why we can't change into more different animals, scorpion doesn't sound too bad actually...

Honored

Postby Mandragaran » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:32 pm

Scorpion is totally not a tree hugging mushroom eating form.

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:46 am

OK had our 1st post patch raid last night. In BOT we cleared the pats and then went to pull the mobs around the orbs. On the last guy from the pats i just sat there and mangled to 5 CP. So when he died i had just refreshed my 4pT11. When orb mobs where pulled I had 25 seconds left on buff plus i went ahead and hit SR. I talked to a healer ahead of time and got him to start pre-hotting me. When the mobs came around the cornor I started auto-attacking the 1st and JUST WENT NUTZ! Popped Beserk, then into TF all while swiping my furry butt off. I hit 160K DPS. That my friends is funny.

Honored

Postby Mihir » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:52 am

What does SR have to do with swipe :/

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:01 am

Had the auto-attacks going also.

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS