Register

Patch 4.1 discussion

Face-rippin fun.

Re: Patch 4.1 discussion

Postby Darkrealm » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:43 am

I have no doubt we are going to face the nerf hammer at some point. My damage today in ZG was outrageous.

On the Panther boss we let out half the Panther's, I popped berserk + savage defence (you need it lol) and was hitting 70K dps. With all the Panthers out my dps would have been higher but I'm not sure the healer would have been able to cope. If we had have stacked my DPS would have been through the roof.

On the trash with adds it was lolthisisOP.

I'm looking forward to the dragonhawk boss in ZA as will as guild raids tonight (Maloriak anyone?).

Usually I switch to Moonkin on add fights but not this time!

Postby Cuer » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:38 pm

Darkrealm wrote:Usually I switch to Moonkin on add fights but not this time!

That's probably the point -- they want all DPS classes to have the possibility of high burst AOE when needed. It's not overpowering for PVP, and it allows the boss designers to put in a lot of adds that need to be taken down on a boss fight, without worrying about class composition in the raid when doing so.

If you look at all the other classes who had their AOE boosted in the patch, including Hunters and Shadow Priests, the basic idea is the same: large damage available for AOE, but at a high resource cost. Hunters can only get off 1-2 Multishots before they're out of Focus, and any caster DPS can run themselves out of mana by spamming their AOE. Feral cats are now in the same place, with massive burst available for AOE, but only for a short period of time (and/or with all the cooldowns used up to extend the AOE.)

Both ZA and ZG have bosses with a lot of adds that need to be taken care of. (Many whelps, handle it!) For the dragonhawk boss in ZA specifically, I'd recommend switching to bear form to take out those adds, though, given how slowly they trickle out. A DPS cat in bear form can swipe/thrash all the adds from one side to the ground almost entirely on his own, without much effort; the improved Savage Defender works nicely to mitigate some of their damage when doing that, as well.

Honored

Postby felhoof » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:48 pm

Actually spriests can pretty much spam mind sear as much as they want. It's much less mana costing than multidotting.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:55 pm

I dunno about mages or locks, but Moonkin also pretty much has no mana factor with aoe, they just cast mushrooms and multi-dot with nearly free MFs still since hurricane got no boost at all.

Postby Rawf » Tue May 03, 2011 12:08 pm

Druids now gain 1 attack power per point of Strength, down from 2. They continue to gain 2 attack power per point of Agility while in Cat Form or Bear Form.

zzzzzz bye bye 5k gold glove enchant

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Tue May 03, 2011 12:10 pm

Rawf wrote:Druids now gain 1 attack power per point of Strength, down from 2. They continue to gain 2 attack power per point of Agility while in Cat Form or Bear Form.

zzzzzz bye bye 5k gold glove enchant

That would be 4.2
http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=276
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Honored

Postby BigTwoHorns » Tue May 03, 2011 1:26 pm

But the new Prowl icon is SOOO much cooler than the last one!
A GOOD PLAN VIOLENTLY EXECUTED NOW IS BETTER THAN A PERFECT PLAN EXECUTED NEXT WEEK.
GEORGE S. PATTON

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/akama/bigtwohorns/simple

Postby Zaxxan » Tue May 03, 2011 1:46 pm

BigTwoHorns wrote:But the new Prowl icon is SOOO much cooler than the last one!

KNow what's sad, I keep being unable to find prowl on my action bars because I keep looking for the old icon. THen i'll be like "hey what the hell spell is this" only to realize it's prowl >.<

Honored

Postby BigTwoHorns » Tue May 03, 2011 1:56 pm

I have it bound to my mouse. Makes it nice and easy to go into Prowl. You could put it on it's own bar and put the scale to max. :)
A GOOD PLAN VIOLENTLY EXECUTED NOW IS BETTER THAN A PERFECT PLAN EXECUTED NEXT WEEK.
GEORGE S. PATTON

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/akama/bigtwohorns/simple

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Tue May 03, 2011 2:32 pm

Since you cant prowl in combat i stopped having it key bound on my mouse and replaced it with shadowmeld.
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Honored

Postby adianar » Tue May 03, 2011 4:51 pm

Hey there.. First time poster but long time reader. I love the site and GREATLY appreciate the time put into this on my behalf.. (and a couple of others too I'm sure)

Anyway, on the aoe/multidotting note, I've seen some say to just mangle, rake and others have added a 2-3cp rip. Any thoughts on pro/con of each? It does seem that my energy regen doesn't play particularly nice with getting many adds multidotted adding the rip, but I've tried both in different scenarios.

Postby Beanna » Tue May 03, 2011 6:48 pm

In the case of a couple of targets, I generally Mangle, Rake and Shred untill a 5cp rip before switching to the other one and Mangle, Rake, Shred untill a 5cp rip. Then back again on the first target, refresh rake, do a couple of Shred to extend Rip, maybe Rip again, go back to the second target, Rake, Shred... Well, you get it. I try to have a good uptime of my dots on both targets. ^^
In the case of a pack with 3+ targets, I think I read on this same topic that you should just smash your Swipe keybind.

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Wed May 04, 2011 8:50 am

I know Leaf has and I myself have been testing the new swipe. It is starting to look like 3+ mobs should be swiped now. With procs and DPS CD it can be done to 2+. My best thing so far was in BoT on the side trash around the orbs when you first go in. 169K. But that is alot of mobs plus beserk. And welcome to the forums.

Postby Zaxxan » Wed May 04, 2011 1:11 pm

With the new Swipe I currently have a number of Mages irked on AoE style bosses and trash. It's kind of fun, especially with Berserk, though the repeated oh shit Cower is not AoE has been just as fun for my healers :D

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed May 04, 2011 3:23 pm

I really enjoyed playing with swipe on Meloriak last night. Swipe accounted for almost 50% of my total damage. It was nice to finally see myself in the top half of dps for this fight. I did make a couple of mistakes. On the black swill I manged to let a full stack of Strength of the Panther fall off...both phases. If I had paid better attention things would have gone even better.

AOE ended up being so good on the first set of Aberations that all of the melee had to stop dps and just stand still for the whole of the second blue and red phases to keep from pushing him to soon. Next week I am going to keep a better eye on my 4p and see what I can do then.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fzzopj4hxwcnp08s/analyze/dd/source/?s=6116&e=6700

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Wed May 04, 2011 4:14 pm

Feral AOE was so bad when we started this Heroic fight i ended up going Bear. Now i am stuck as a bear on it. I don't really mind becouse i just love to raid and do whatever my guild needs but i have been itching to DPS this fight.

Honored

Postby adianar » Wed May 04, 2011 4:48 pm

Yes, the orininal question was 3+ after I've "swiped" my initial energy dry.. I again FF, mangle, rake and moved on trying to get 3 or 4 dotted then return for a rake... I haven't scrutinized our logs from last night yet, so I'll post back those results.

On BOT trash I as well did the TF, SI to mitigate some damage, Beserked then swiped hitting a 120k peak dps. I haven't seen anything like 169k. NICE! I'll throw in a Tol Vir next time.. I tried to keep the panther buff up, but we had an aggro death, so the rez/buff killed me.. I'm now shooting for 169k!

Postby monxide » Wed May 04, 2011 5:47 pm

I found swipe change pretty handy on magmaw heroic fight, had close to 28k dps before we had to stop dps on magmaw for preparing phase 2 change on head. Did full rotation on huge add+swiping add and magmaw at the same time :) And new swipe is so much better than mangle on al'akir phase 2:)

Previous

Return to Kitty DPS