Register

Low DPS for gear i have, Please Help

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

Re: Low DPS for gear i have, Please Help

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:36 pm

Depends on what weapon and tinkets you have, and have you upgraded them yet.

Postby kumineko » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:43 pm

i upgraded the lfr sha touched weapon , and both the dmc trinket and normal mode bottle of infinite stars.

I am quite sure i wont see heroics for a while but dont know how close are we to getting next patch. Thus my question to upgrade some of the 496 pieces like i have 2 tier pieces that dropped from sha that i could work on upgrading in the following weeks.

Postby kumineko » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:13 am

can someone help me understand why the heck i keep getting destroyed in dps by the other feral druid in the raid.

She doesnt even have a full dps kitty gear , she has half tanking bear gear on and give or take some off pieces. And still on fights like the wind lord I keep doing badly even though i have increased my savage roar up time, worked on perfecting my rotation with NV.

Here is the logs for the Wind lord tonight. only fight she did dps'ed her character name is Ariano. The rest she was tanking.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6juipq87q5z7cdxk/analyze/dd/source/?s=7467&e=7906

Its frustrating.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:37 am

kumineko wrote:can someone help me understand why the heck i keep getting destroyed in dps by the other feral druid in the raid.

She doesnt even have a full dps kitty gear , she has half tanking bear gear on and give or take some off pieces. And still on fights like the wind lord I keep doing badly even though i have increased my savage roar up time, worked on perfecting my rotation with NV.

Here is the logs for the Wind lord tonight. only fight she did dps'ed her character name is Ariano. The rest she was tanking.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6juipq87q5z7cdxk/analyze/dd/source/?s=7467&e=7906

Its frustrating.

She basically outplayed you - both of you had Nature's Vigil that fight, she used it on CD during AoE twice and had a potion up everytime making sure to keep Thrash up and aoeing like mad with berserk, then ripping something with high hp. You did neither aoe the 2nd time nor use any potions during the fight, you were also not using your combo points very efficiently (judging by your low rip uptime and the fact that your average savage roar per cast lasted ~24 seconds. Also only 4 ferocious bites).

Postby kumineko » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:06 pm

Thanks for replying, now i can understand what is happening here. But probably a little too late for this guild. My trail ends next week it seems and I will probably wont get in. Though i made improvements on both the SR and my bleeds. From when i started raiding with them.

It will be a miracle if I do get in.

All I can do is give it my all.

Postby Samskeyti » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:46 pm

Don't give up, playing feral well is a hard task. I used to be very good at it, but I also lost touch with this doc ns business... but reading tips like those that people give you, and just practise alot, I'm sure you progress in every raid, even though you don't immediately see it. Just remember the basic most important things, and build up on them.

Honored

Postby Vami » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:43 am

I also had really hard time with DoC at first, trying to execute everything perfectly and then getting irritated when I messed up or died because I was too focused on the rotation. In Cata I had had some kind of a deeper understanding of what to do as kitty, ranking in top 10 ranks on every fight etc, but suddenly now... It felt like there's no hope. But in the end, all it took just was just a lot of practice and I'm back in business again. :)

Previous

Return to Kitty DPS