Register

Cho Gall Worshipping

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Cho Gall Worshipping

Postby Dabeasty » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:40 am

How do people knock off the worship effect from a friendly player whilst playing as kitty?

Last night I tried this fight (first time) and was asked to do it if the one other melee player got the Worship thing.

At first I set up a target focus, skull bash, target last target type macro but it never seemed to work....Im unsure if a) interrupts dont work or b) I was lacking energy, was facing the wrong way, it missed etc.

I changed to macro to use Cyclone and it worked a treat, but left the poor guy helpless for several seconds every so often.

Re: Cho Gall Worshipping

Postby Lax » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:32 am

Skull bash works. Basically the mindcontrolled player just stands there and channels a spell on cho'gall, so anything that interrupts channeling works.

I just tab target or click name plates, then press skull bash. Only problem with tab'ing is if there's a deathknight with a pet, then you can accidentally tab to the pet. It helps a lot if you watch the timer for the worshipping or someone calls it out a few seconds before.

Honored

Postby mekell » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:31 am

If you have a specific group makeup where you can make a macro to always target your other melee player, then thats probably the easiest, but if you have more than one other melee player, that may not work.

I am our only melee in our raid group (on fights that we use 2 tanks on, cho'gall is one of them). Right now i am just tab targeting, but as Lax mentioned, i sometimes get a pet which really sucks.

Postby Oakes » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:45 am

I interupted a healing stream totem the other day while tanking Cho'gall. Full of win! Warstomp works as does cyclone (woudnt recommend this since you taking a player out of the fight for a few seconds)

Honored

Postby Dabeasty » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:41 am

Figured out why my Skull Bash macro wasnt working where my Cyclone one was...Id forgotten the (Cat Form) bit...doh. Assuming this fixes it, the macro way is handy as you dont lose the boss as target.

How touchy is Skull Bash re. having to be facing the target?

Revered

Postby shinryu » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:46 pm

Another question I might ask, what spec is your tank? If it's a warrior or pally, if both you and your melee buddy snuggle in close enough, they can actually hit you both with their aoe interrupts fairly easily, saving you and him from having to.

Otherwise if you're stuck with a DK or Bear, simple tabbing/Skull Bash works fine, against a player your chance to miss is almost non existent despite our lack of hit since you only need what, 4% hit against players instead of 8% for bosses (you may even want to consider wearing some pvp gloves to make your life a bit easier with regards to energy, assuming they aren't being used for the tier bonus). But in the extremely rare chance it does miss, you can shift to bear and pop a Bash or their Skull Bash onto him, or at worst hope someone else notices and interrupts them. Because getting those interrupts is really a key factor of this fight.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:06 pm

You guys all remember that we can war stomp in forms now. That will work as well.

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:02 am

I use Skull Bash with nameplates and a /mouseover macro...just have to make sure you're facing the right way. :P (our pally tank is pretty good at knocking them off with AS, but sometimes a healer gets it while the ranged is off killing an add, and the shield doesn't bounce.) If I need to do two for some reason, I SB the first, and BearBash the second. (Cyclone is probably better.) I also use PvP gloves.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:50 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:You guys all remember that we can war stomp in forms now. That will work as well.

You forget not all of us are Tauren :P

Though if the OP is Tauren you bring a good point...I almost wish Nelfs had something as cool as War Stomp actually...I wonder if the Horde have it any easier by bringing in a bunch of cows to just cycle through war stomp on cho'gall lol.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:49 am

Sadly the Tauren druid is a dying breed. Of the 6 raiding druids we have only myself and my wife are still beef. She is a healer though so she already could warstomp in form.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:18 am

Tinderhoof wrote:Sadly the Tauren druid is a dying breed. Of the 6 raiding druids we have only myself and my wife are still beef. She is a healer though so she already could warstomp in form.

No way...I thought everyone allegedly hated trolls due to their ugly-as-sin models? No way Berserking can be a reason to switch, it sucks >.>

Then again, every time I see a fake werewolf wannabe worgen druid, I cringe inside. Kinda like watching kittens being drowned...seriously, how do you convince yourself a werewolf can turn into a cat?

Honored

Postby felhoof » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:50 pm

Berserking is a hell of a better buff to cat dps than warstomp is.

Anyway, skull bash, cyclone, maim, all of these things work if you need to. Using plain ol' bash also works. So does the feral charge for bears. There's a lot of options, but typically none are as good as a warrior, pally or warlock.

Postby Jaymzhendo » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:32 pm

If you run the Decursive addon - which I started using for LDW in ICC for the one click Cyclone on MC targets - it has now been updated to show Worship targets on Cho. I set it up to cast Skull Bash with a simple click so I'll be testing it this week to see if it works. I'll report back when I know for sure, unless of course someone beats me to it.
------------------------------------------
EDIT*
Tested (or attempted to), you can't configure Decursive to do anything other than Cyclone or Remove Corruption. =(

Postby Fate » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:08 am

shinryu wrote:No way...I thought everyone allegedly hated trolls due to their ugly-as-sin models? No way Berserking can be a reason to switch, it sucks >.>

I've rolled maybe 5 druids in my life, and most of them didn't get very far because I just couldn't get on with the Tauren models, and my guild (RL friends and family) are horde. Come 4.0, I rolled a troll druid, and haven't looked back. White hair/'hawk, and loving it.

Postby Rawf » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:07 am

/targetenemyplayer
/cast Skull Bash (Cat Form)
/targetlasttarget

Return to Kitty DPS