Register

Stampede bug when Ravage macroed (inc. fix).

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Stampede bug when Ravage macroed (inc. fix).

Postby Fate » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:33 am

Something that's been bothering me for a few weeks is an inability to make the Stampede talent work reliably with macros. I have Ravage macroed to replace Shred when I'm stealthed, and on a castsequence for 10 seconds after I Feral Charge. Latter macro:

#showtooltip
/castsequence [stance:3] reset=10 Feral Charge(Cat Form), Ravage; [stance:1] Feral Charge(Bear Form); Cat Form
/cast [stance:1] Cat Form

(It occurs to me, incidentally, that I should work out if I can Ravage after using bearcat charge, and put that in there, for the rare occasions on which I bearcat charge, and still end up behind the target. I have another button set up to bear charge without swapping form, for emergency tanking.)

At any rate, the Stampede talent procs, and I get the buff, but the Ravage icon never gets the crazy highlight thing, and almost never stays lit up as available for the full 10s - frequently never lighting up at all (and when it's not lit up, the ability fails with 'requires stealth mode').

Testing this, I was having some trouble replicating the issue, and I eventually worked out that this was actually because, for the purpose of testing, I had another Ravage on my bars, not macroed, and *that* was getting the highlight, and this somehow caused both versions of the ability to become usable.

Fairly extensive messing with target dummies last night, and it's working entirely reliably, which is good news, because that saves me a button.

Windows 7, for reference. Not heard the issue mentioned elsewhere, but figured someone else might be experiencing it.

TL;DR: If Ravage isn't working properly in your Feral Charge macro, try putting another copy of Ravage somewhere on one of your action bars.

Revered

Re: Stampede bug when Ravage macroed (inc. fix).

Postby shinryu » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:59 am

Yep, been stuck having Ravage on my action bar since 4.0.6 launched, sucks imo. Makes you wonder with all their time why they can't fix what are probably simple bugs like this...

Postby Devils » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:47 pm

1.) This was a bug before 4.0.6 - try to put the original Ravage anywhere on any action bar
2.) If u dont have the hit cap i also suggest to put 2 extra Ravage in your macro - because the miss/dodge/parry chance.

#showtooltip
/castsequence [stance:3] reset=10 Feral Charge(Cat Form), Ravage, Ravage, Ravage; [stance:1] Feral Charge(Bear Form); Cat Form
/cast [stance:1] Cat Form

Postby Fate » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:10 pm

1) Yeah, works for me.

2) I thought misses didn't advance a /castsequence, but I guess I might be mixing that up with not casting due to it being on GCD or something.

Postby Devils » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:42 pm

Miss, Dodge etc count in castsequence. Believe me, it caused to me a lot of inconvenience :)

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:50 pm

The reason that the highlight thingey doesn't work is it doesn't work with macros (at least not for me, I created a simple /cast Ravage macro and it didn't highlight; I use Dominos so that might have something to do with it; I have a unmacroed Ravage on my stealth bar)

As far as the bug, it was pretty frequent before 4.0.6, but is pretty good now, if you're still having trouble, try replacing Ravage with Ravage! (note the ! at the end) because technically that's the ability you're using, not Ravage (if you use Recount/WoL/etc. you can verify this for yourself). I tested the macro and it works, though it does change the behavior below.

For me however, its actually better to leave it as is, because my macro will never switch back from Ravage after I use it (and thus allow me multiple tries if I miss).

Also something to note, you said in your post "end up behind the target." Ravage! has no positional requirement like the non-Stampede version. Easy enough to test for yourself too, just go feral charge a mob, let it face you, then Ravage! it.

Honored

Postby felhoof » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:52 pm

I had thought that you have to do /cast Ravage!, not Ravage. I could be wrong.

My macro works, in any case.

Postby Fate » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:25 am

I'd spotted that it was "Ravage!" in my combat log (I'm still sometimes opening with a stealthed Ravage - suspect that's wrong), but it hadn't occurred to me that this might be a viable name by which to invoke it.

I'll have to see if I can "Ravage" from the front with Stampede up. If so, I think I have a solution that works for me. If not, I'll be changing it to "Ravage!, Ravage!, Ravage!".

(Also, I want a mod for bear tanking that displays all the ability names in the style of Batman cartoon/comic fight scenes. The names are just so much more fun than tankadin abilities...)

Postby Arthaei » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:46 pm

This has been driving me nuts for quite a while, previous macros sometimes resulted in charging the target and then Ravage simply refusing to work even though as previously stated it has no positional requirement and the Stampede buff is active. The current macro I am using is below and is working for me perfectly as of 4.0.6:

#showtooltip
/cast Feral Charge(Bear Form)
/cast Feral Charge(Cat Form)
/cast Ravage!
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

The only time the Ravage will not work is if it's dodged/parried/missed etc. but just hitting the macro again will let you Ravage once more.

Hope this is a help for some folks,

~Arth~
"Many druids died to bring us this information"

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:05 pm

I see this is your 1st post Arthaei. Welcome to you. I have nothing to add to this thread other then i use the same macro you put up.
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Postby Arthaei » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:44 pm

Thanks! Yup, been a longtime visitor though ;)

Mainly joined to ask a few questions about the current best prime glyph next to shred and rip, I think I'll make a post in Leafkiller's ovale thread as that's where a lot of the current discussion is. It's been driving me insane so some clarification would be great. :mrgreen:

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:22 pm

Arthaei wrote:This has been driving me nuts for quite a while, previous macros sometimes resulted in charging the target and then Ravage simply refusing to work even though as previously stated it has no positional requirement and the Stampede buff is active. The current macro I am using is below and is working for me perfectly as of 4.0.6:

#showtooltip
/cast Feral Charge(Bear Form)
/cast Feral Charge(Cat Form)
/cast Ravage!
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

The only time the Ravage will not work is if it's dodged/parried/missed etc. but just hitting the macro again will let you Ravage once more.

Hope this is a help for some folks,

~Arth~

Actually that's an excellent point, since feral charge is off the GCD, you can put it without a cast sequence with ravage, didn't even think of that.

Postby Arthaei » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:28 pm

It pleases me to know that probably hundreds of ferals are now leaping about with glee using my awesome actually working macro! :D

Postby Shardik » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:59 am

In beginning of the fight, you don't want to immediately use it though :/

Postby Arthaei » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:32 am

Uh? opening with either a normal Ravage or charge ravage at the start of a fight is almost always the best way to open up on a fight. If the encounter takes you out of stealth aswell, then especially so. Faerie fire on the way in, ravage, pew pew.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:53 pm

I start with the FC/FFF and then go into the rotation. There should be enough time to get the first TF cast before casting the ravage - so you can get the 15% damage bonus on it.

Postby Shardik » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:50 pm

Arthaei, I mean that after you charge in, you don't want to use the ravage immediately, since you are capped at energy and you don't have any buffs up yet. It's better to charge in, mangle, rake, mangle TF rip and then use the ravage(just an example to show what I mean, I am rather well geared http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... dik/simple so that's the usual opening to me, going by leafkiller's ovale script)

Using the ravage immediately is a waste.

edit: if you don't have the 4pc bonus, you obviously want to use shreds after the first mangle
edit2: stupid me, didn't notice leafkiller's reply. I elaborated a bit more on the idea, though.

Postby Arthaei » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:01 am

Yeah think I agree with you that's the best way to utilise the charge ravage. Also beginning to think now just opening with a normal stealthed ravage is a pretty bad idea as it costs 60 energy and like you said, isn't really buffed in anyway aswell.
Last edited by Arthaei on Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Honored

Postby Andanas » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:27 am

Could someone explain to me why you need /cast Feral Charge(Bear Form) in the macro?

Postby Arthaei » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:43 am

You don't need it there, but just means you can keep bear charge in the same macro and keybind. Having cat charge and bear charge on two different keybinds would be a little annoying. They share the same cd anyway so it makes sense.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:43 pm

Arthaei wrote:You don't need it there, but just means you can keep bear charge in the same macro and keybind. Having cat charge and bear charge on two different keybinds would be a little annoying. They share the same cd anyway so it makes sense.

I solved this issue using bartender. There are 10 usable bars that you can modify. When you shift to bear form there is a bar saved for that replaces your main action bar. It's called paging.

What I did to solve key binds based on form is to have a second hidden bar also page when I change forms. I set that bar to Alt + 1-Alt + 0. Then I mapped all of the alt commands to my mouse. When I shift into cat all of my mouse buttons are paged to cat abilites. When I shift to bear they are all paged to bear abilities. That way I can have 2 hidden key sets that change on the fly for my mouse that are outside of my normal rotation bar. Things include form shifting macro's, skull bash, cooldowns, feral charge with out having to make complicated macros sharing two form abilities.

Postby Fate » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:40 pm

I have about 48 keybinds (1 thru =, F1 thru F12, a bunch of keys surrounding WASD, and mouse buttons), so I'd need 12 bars just to cover all three forms with the bartender pagination. I actually paginate 1 thru 12 and the mouse button bars, and use macros to make the few buttons I want to change behaviour in the other bars do so.

Incidentally, the "Ravage!, Ravage!, Ravage!" change to my original macro worked for me, and I've been using it for weeks with no issue.

Return to Kitty DPS