Register

Unheeded warning....Cries feral kitty does it not?

Face-rippin fun.
Honored

Unheeded warning....Cries feral kitty does it not?

Postby Morghan » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:07 am

Had it finally drop in raid last night and got out rolled by a rogue. Looked up some BiS list for ferals and Mut rogues on Askmrrobot and it shows as top trinket for us since 4.0.6, and its like 8th-9th best for rogues well below some heroic blues....

Talked it over with Rogue but he already had it soulbound :(

The worse part is he's gone back to the previous 2 trinkets after a few pulls since his DPS actually dropped with UW equipped... /cry /end rant

Made me feel good during the opening phase of valiona to be pulling 19.5k in 10-man normal above all the rest anyway though. :D Go kitties

Revered

Re: Unheeded warning....Cries feral kitty does it not?

Postby Sylvaneart » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:44 am

Oh man that sux. UW warning is so OP for us after 4.0.6. Nice nice change blizz made to it. If you arn't going to be pushing heroic content anytime soon I would buy it from AH. I got lucky and it dropped first night of raiding. Spent some DKP and that was when it sucked(still better then what i had at the time). Ended up putting it in the bank for a bit and now it is equiped full time.
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Honored

Postby Morghan » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:11 am

Yeah we are a fairly casual guild and run on a random roll / 1 epic per night policy (unless something drops noone else needs then you can score)

5 mins after realising it was WAY better for me the rogue tried to trade it but it was soulbound, he did send a GM ticket in to see if they can reverse it, but I kinda doubt blizzard will.

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:36 am

In BC I spent the last half with a guild that was unlimited free roll. Only thing on reserve was tank gear. No matter how casual I might oneday become I will never go back to that. I'm in a DKP guild now that lets us have OS gear at 10% of normal price only after MS have had a chance on it. For ferals it sux becouse besides trinks the gear is pretty much the same. End up needing 2 of everything.
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Revered

Postby shinryu » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:13 pm

Try checking your local AH, since UW sucks for pretty much any class besides us, they're usually sub-10k on the populated realms, even on my backwater server they're around 10k or so.

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:23 pm

Morghan wrote:Yeah we are a fairly casual guild and run on a random roll / 1 epic per night policy (unless something drops noone else needs then you can score)

5 mins after realising it was WAY better for me the rogue tried to trade it but it was soulbound, he did send a GM ticket in to see if they can reverse it, but I kinda doubt blizzard will.

They actually might in this case because for any BoP item you have a 2 hour trade window. Since it was BoE though it sounds like you weren't given this option which sucks...

Honored

Postby Morghan » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:24 am

Yeah its like 25-30k on my server..... :(

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:20 am

Morghan wrote:Yeah its like 25-30k on my server..... :(

Holy crap batman!!!

Revered

Postby shinryu » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:18 am

Just wait, once whatever noob realizes that it'll never go for that price, hopefully it'll drop...

Your other option is farming BoT mobs, which isn't that hard and can yield other nice goodies to sell.

Honored

Postby Morghan » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:17 pm

They reversed the win and its now mine, woot! :D

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:44 pm

Gratz! You'll love that thing.

Postby Kallapryy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:36 am

The trinket is amazing. I purchased mine for 5K just before patch (it still sells for 5K-8K on Icecrown) since we have yet to see it drop in a raid. Considering it boosts our highest beneficial stat the small amount of trouble you had to go through is worth it.

Postby Arthaei » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:20 pm

How does this really fair against heroic 'Essence of the Cyclone' ? weapon damage is great, but really only effects our Shreds, melee, mangle, ravage etc. 2178 crit for 10secs could proc when applying Rip+Rake for example and affects ALL our damage plus having +42 extra static agi to boot.

It's showing a 4 dps difference for me in Rawr at the moment. :?
Last edited by Arthaei on Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Many druids died to bring us this information"

Honored

Postby Morghan » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:24 pm

Yeah I got to DPS on the Valiona fight this week using it and Malevolence for the first time, I was top DPS for the fight, even while stacking on Theralion in front of him with the melee (It's the way our RL runs it even though it turfs my DPS lossing shred and extended Rip's)

I think I pulled 15.5k overall, 1k higher than #2

Raidcomp was somehthing like:

Tank: Prot War
DPS: Sv Hunter, Marks Hunter, Destro Lock, 2 Rogues and Me (so light on overall buffage utility wise)
Heals: Disco priest, Holy Priest and Tree

EDIT: For Arthai's sake, I replaced my Essence of Cyclone with this and saw about 700-800 DPS jump on raid dummy alone. RAWR really under scores this trinket. And Askmrrobot probably over does it. Askmrrobot show Fluid Death/Unheeded Warning as the best in slot combo for normal 10-man raiding drops.

Postby Beanna » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:20 pm

Here is the latest updated "Trinket rating" list posted by Alaron.
Unheeded Warning seems to still be the BiS trinket over (H) Essence of the Cyclone. Those two trinkets are probably the best combo.

Return to Kitty DPS