Register

Help me improve please!

Face-rippin fun.

Help me improve please!

Postby chuys » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:56 pm

Hello all, love the forum, been lurking for a while now, thought I'd see if I can get some tips as to how to improve my kitty dps.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... s/advanced
WOL parse: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/87tae1j7h5wowf48/

Okay that's not the most recent parse but I haven't raided since last weekend and it seems our logs aren't getting up there.

Anyway, my issue is that given my gear ilvl, I feel like my dps is terrible. I was just looking at the parse for Omitron and while I didn't have the heroic boots and epic neck then, I was surprised at how bad it was. I was plugging my stats into Mew today, trying to find the right balance of haste and crit, and went haste until crit took over. Feel like it's in a good place now. Also replaced my 65 mastery to gloves with 50 strength. I was looking at some posts regarding dps in mew, and some people were posting 22-23k. My numbers come out to about 16.5k. What gives? I gemmed all agi, have the new agi/crit meta... best chants I can get.

Some help would be appreciated there.

In addition, my guild is going to 10s and I feel like the heroic fights with adds like Maloriak or Atramedes (we're in front of the boss in our strat) will make me less valuable over another class because of not being able to shred or have decent AOE.

Thanks in advance,

Chuys

Revered

Re: Help me improve please!

Postby Qbear » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:22 pm

I'm guessing you might of forgotten to go down to the buffs/debuffs tab and click through there. I took the time to go through your armory and place you into mew first without buffs I can up with just under 16k when I went through and added the standard buffs I imagined you'd have in your raid I came up with slightly less then 22k. Of course if I added a buff you don't have that number will be higher.

I checked through your parses using the V&T fight seeing as how that's a pretty standard fight the only thing I'm seeing on this fight that you should try to improve on is use of stampede proc !ravage. V&T is awesome for this because it becomes brainless you can literally charge on cd and ravage will make up a fairly hefty portion of your dps. Even on fights we're you can't charge from any range, try to start looking for chances to run out and charge back in for a ravage in times of low energy.

For gemming you want to only take socket bonuses that will gain you 14+ agi meaning drop the purple gem in your belt for a 40 agi gem and replace the 40agi gem in the blue socket of ur chest for a 20agi/20hit gem

Honestly other then those very minor fixes, you seem to be doing very well. Ferals in a weak state right now, continue to play it well and research like you're clearly doing and you'll do great.

Postby chuys » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:49 pm

Hey Qbear, thanks for pointing out the gem on the belt. It's the wrong belt, I'm supposed to be wearing Dispersing Belt. I also need to add rocket boots to it since Cardboard Assassin is worthless now. Also you're right about the buffs. I forgot to add them. HA! Thanks :D

I will work on using Ravage! more, I know when I'm behind Chimeron, his hit box is so big, I can charge on CD. I think I'll add Powerauras to my addon list and make some alerts for spells I need to use on CD... I tend to forget when I get all into my rotation.

Finally, I was wondering about Synapse Springs. I have it macro'd to my shred right now, since I use that like crazy. I was reading about someone using it with TF... seems like a no brainer to me... but I have to ask.. should I switch it to TF?

I also feel like I'm wasting trinket procs. I typically blow my berserk at the start of a fight once I get my initial energy off and Ravage!, then TF > Berserk. Should I wait for a trinket proc? I was pre-potting as well and using my 2nd pot during my 2nd berserk or BL. I have been searching for an addon that shows both trinks, when they are proc'd and how long they're on CD for. Would be helpful in planning out dps CDs. If you know of one, let me know! Thanks :D

Chuys

Revered

Postby Qbear » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:12 am

I'd macro it to tiger's fury just so you know every time you gain the buff your going to have the energy pool to get the most out of it. As for your addon question the most used one for what your trying to do is called needtoknow. Basically you can go to wowhead to get the spell id for the buffs of your trinkets and plug them into your addon to track both the duration of the buff as well as the cooldown if you chose to. It takes awhile to set up, but works very well.

As for the opener, it's very complex I know what I always do that works for me; however, for math purposes the best person to ask would be leafkiller, hopefully he'll see this and share his insight. However, what I do 10 times out of 10 is feral charge with feral fire q'd up, then I mangle, savage roar, shred to 0 energy, tiger's fury, free ravage from charge, rake, if 5 cps rip if not shred till 5 then rip, zerk. By this time all my trinkets r rolling, if I prepotted I still have time on the pot to get in a bunch of shreds. Like I said mathematically I don't know if this is the best way to go about it, but it's the way I've been doing it since I can remember so it's hard to change my ways.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:37 am

In Leafkiller's script it advocates getting a 5cp Rip on the target first before bothering to put up a 1cp SR next (since SR sucks). But yeah, otherwise it's pretty much Shred spam while keeping Rip, Rake, Mangle, and SR up, in pretty much that order of importance (dunno how it does the 4p T11, I don't have it but I'd assume Mangling when appropriate on it to keep the buff up). And of course the fun part, running in/out with FC/Ravage when you can.

Postby chuys » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:28 pm

Yah opening wise, I usually start with mangle, rake, mangle, mangle (t11 4pc bonus) TF, Rip, Berserk.

I think it makes sense to get the agi bonus during TF, I just thought that having it on TF might reduce the uptime... but I'd rather have the energy to maximize the dps from the extra agility. It's not that I don't use TF on CD... but there are times when I'm waiting for a few seconds for a Rip to refresh or whatever.

I'm going to be doing heroic 10s probably next week... (sitting this week for RL stuff) and my biggest concern is heroic Maloriak with the vile swills. All I can think to do is TF > Berserk > Swipe em. Or I could FF all of them in caster form and try to mangle/rake them all. Any suggestions?

I also got the new epic pvp gloves for interrupting on Nefarian. Should I be hit capped for that? I know skull bash can miss, but can it miss from behind?

Revered

Postby Qbear » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:03 pm

on maloriak I just zerk swipe spam, theres so much movement in that phase from a melee standpoint, until you've seen the fight enough times you won't even begin to want to try to keep track of rakes on multiple targets
As for Nef kicking the adds are actually only 87 meaning you only need 5% hit for those kicks, you need 5% from any side you bash from but its better then 8

Postby chuys » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:49 am

Ah sweet, good to know about the 5%. I will equip fluid death and regem another belt. :D

Note: I just did Maloriak regular with a pug. I had 18 interrupts (the most) and I have 1.39% HIT (not health). AFAIK I didn't miss any.

Postby Herrby » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:09 pm

Hi all,i have read much all the time and now i decide to ask for some help.Here is mine armory,
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... rby/simple
pls rate my char , i wanna know if im on good track or not ....cos i think my dps going lower with more epic i get ;),and any sugestion is welcome ! ;)

sry for bad english

regards

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:33 pm

Hi Herrby. Welcome to the forums.

Your gear is pretty decent and your gemming is spot on. The trinkets you have are great with only one minor upgrad possible.

There are a few adjustments I would make in the enchanting area. The crit enchant to bracers is very poor for us. It's not cheap but the 50 agi to bracers is a HUGE upgrade over 50 crit. The glove enchant of 50 mastery is also not optimal. I would recomend doing the 35 strength to gloves, or if you have the money 50 strength to gloves. Both out perform the mastery enchant.

Gear upgrades I see that you have downed Cho'Gall so you should put your sites on the Tier shoulder token and start saving for the Tier chest. Both items stats are worse then what you have now, but the 4p bonus will more then make up for the loss.

Based on your reforges I am wondering if you have put your stats through MEW to see if you are heading toward crit or haste as a stat.

If you have some damage logs that we can look at we might be able to offer further advise. If you have any questions let us know.

Postby Herrby » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:35 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:Hi Herrby. Welcome to the forums.

Your gear is pretty decent and your gemming is spot on. The trinkets you have are great with only one minor upgrad possible.

There are a few adjustments I would make in the enchanting area. The crit enchant to bracers is very poor for us. It's not cheap but the 50 agi to bracers is a HUGE upgrade over 50 crit. The glove enchant of 50 mastery is also not optimal. I would recomend doing the 35 strength to gloves, or if you have the money 50 strength to gloves. Both out perform the mastery enchant.

Gear upgrades I see that you have downed Cho'Gall so you should put your sites on the Tier shoulder token and start saving for the Tier chest. Both items stats are worse then what you have now, but the 4p bonus will more then make up for the loss.

Based on your reforges I am wondering if you have put your stats through MEW to see if you are heading toward crit or haste as a stat.

If you have some damage logs that we can look at we might be able to offer further advise. If you have any questions let us know.

thx for fast reply ,
i have put in rawr and done reforge like that ...at the moment dont have fresh wow logs to show ;(...but thx for for reply .gona try to reenchants wrist and gloves........ will be back soon

thx ;)

Postby mortecattiva » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:52 pm

Ok, I am quite noob so blah. Anyway, this is my power aura export.

it has icons for mangle, rake, rip and tf with timers so you can time your refresh
the 3 circle things on top indicate your energy, and they are pretty useless imho but they seemed a good idea at that time
there are 5 square blocks for your combo points, the 5th one is red (which makes it pretty invisible in some fights)
the big circle, or brackets, or whatever indicates that tiger's fury can be used. I made it big and annoying so you want to take it off asap - so you use tf on cooldown :P
the square brackets around the cp blocks appear when feral charge is ready so you can do the charge-ravage thing
the bottom thing indicates that berserk is ready to use

once I get the 4 pieces bonus I will update the whole thing to monitor it as well (yes, I still do not have it, I told you I was noob) :P

Set=Page 1@
Aura[25]=Version:4.16; icon:inv_sword_48; buffname:1/2/3/4/5; x:-63; bufftype:6; texture:74; PowerType:0; size:0.17; y:-150@
Aura[26]=Version:4.16; icon:inv_sword_48; buffname:2/3/4/5; x:-30; bufftype:6; texture:74; PowerType:0; size:0.17; y:-150@
Aura[27]=Version:4.16; icon:inv_sword_48; buffname:3/4/5; x:5; bufftype:6; texture:74; PowerType:0; size:0.17; y:-150@
Aura[28]=Version:4.16; icon:inv_sword_48; buffname:4/5; x:41; bufftype:6; texture:74; PowerType:0; size:0.17; y:-150@
Aura[29]=Version:4.16; b:0.1059; g:0.098; icon:inv_sword_48; buffname:5; x:73; bufftype:6; texture:74; PowerType:0; size:0.17; y:-150@
Aura[30]=Version:4.16; icon:spell_druid_feralchargecat; buffname:[49376]; x:5; bufftype:15; texture:75; isResting:0; mine:true; inVehicle:0; combat:true; size:0.88; y:-150; ismounted:0@
Aura[31]=Version:4.16; icon:Ability_Mount_JungleTiger; buffname:Tiger's Fury; x:4; bufftype:15; texture:60; isResting:0; mine:true; inVehicle:0; combat:true; size:1.19; y:-130; ismounted:0@
Aura[32]=Version:4.16; b:0.949; g:0.9529; target:true; icon:Ability_Druid_Disembowel; buffname:Rake; x:-24; bufftype:2; texture:73; owntex:true; isResting:0; mine:true; stacksOperator:=; exact:true; size:0.14; y:-90; timer.h:1.53; timer.Texture:Monofonto; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.y:-120; timer.x:-23; timer.Transparent:true@
Aura[33]=Version:4.16; b:0.9373; g:0.9765; target:true; icon:Ability_GhoulFrenzy; buffname:Rip; x:17; bufftype:2; texture:73; owntex:true; isResting:0; mine:true; stacksOperator:=; exact:true; size:0.14; y:-90; timer.h:1.54; timer.Texture:Monofonto; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.y:-120; timer.x:15; timer.Transparent:true@
Aura[34]=Version:4.16; target:true; icon:Ability_Druid_Mangle2; buffname:Mangle; x:-63; bufftype:2; texture:73; owntex:true; isResting:0; mine:true; stacksOperator:=; exact:true; size:0.14; y:-90; timer.h:1.54; timer.Texture:Monofonto; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.y:-120; timer.x:-64; timer.Transparent:true@
Aura[35]=Version:4.16; icon:Ability_Druid_SkinTeeth; buffname:savage roar; x:57; owntex:true; isResting:0; combat:true; size:0.14; y:-91; timer.enabled:true; timer.y:-123; timer.x:51@
Aura[36]=Version:4.16; icon:Ability_Druid_Berserk; buffname:Berserk; x:7; bufftype:15; texture:63; isResting:0; mine:true; inVehicle:0; combat:true; size:0.86; y:-233; ismounted:0@
Aura[37]=Version:4.16; b:0.9333; thresholdinvert:true; icon:inv_battery_02; r:0.949; x:7; unitn:Only for raid/group.; bufftype:10; texture:16; alpha:0.5; isResting:0; stacksOperator:=; threshold:40; combat:true; size:0.49; y:-42; finish:0@
Aura[38]=Version:4.16; b:0.9333; thresholdinvert:true; icon:inv_battery_02; r:0.949; x:7; unitn:Only for raid/group.; bufftype:10; texture:16; alpha:0.5; isResting:0; stacksOperator:=; threshold:35; combat:true; size:0.33; y:-40; finish:0@
Aura[39]=Version:4.16; b:0.9333; thresholdinvert:true; icon:inv_battery_02; r:0.949; x:7; unitn:Only for raid/group.; bufftype:10; texture:16; alpha:0.5; isResting:0; stacksOperator:=; threshold:30; combat:true; size:0.21; y:-39; finish:0@

Return to Kitty DPS