Register

Nefarian - out of the lava and onto the pillar!

Face-rippin fun.
Honored

Nefarian - out of the lava and onto the pillar!

Postby Dabeasty » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:07 am

I found this to be a bit of a pain. Am I a useless slacker (dont answer that) or can you provide any tips?

First night on this guy so all a bit of a learning experience. All fine in P1 till lava and I really struggled to get onto pillar without taking 7 ticks or so of damage. I popped SI to reduce the damage in the end but it felt like a waste.

I saw on wologs other raid members were getting as few as 2 or 3 ticks.

I always found myself at the bottom of the lava on the floor once it arrived so had to 1) swim up 2) jump onto platform. Initially I was jumping over the platform (does kitty jump further than human form?) but got this sorted eventually, but still got lots of ticks.

I tried Feral Charge but that didnt seem to work. Didnt try Skull Bash but assume that also wouldnt.

Re: Nefarian - out of the lava and onto the pillar!

Postby Beanna » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:21 am

If you are against the pillar before P2, you might get stuck at the bottom when the lava starts to rise. Not to be driven at the bottom, do not stay too close to the pillar so no edge is blocking you and your character remains on the surface of the lava which avoids you having to swim upwards. This should reduce the number of ticks that affect you more than others.

Postby syntax » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:25 am

Before the lava, run up to the pillar as much as you can and stop.

As the lava rises, DO NOT TRY AND JUMP RIGHT AWAY. Let the lava rise a bit above your head, THEN hold space bar (but not holding forward yet). You will rise with the lava and still have a bit of lava above you.

Once the lava stops rising, you will continue to rise and eventually "pop out" of the lava. Right before or as this happens, hold forward. You'll land on the platform.

There is a video of me doing this here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsk-1AEHiY8

Postby Stune » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:56 am

Those are both great tips, but I wanted to clarify that having a more difficult time getting onto the platform than your guildies is not necessarily a sign that you are bad. I've done the fight on my can and on my lock. With over 100 attempts of doing the fight on my cat, I'm still not comfortable with it. I've only done it about 5 times with my lock, and it is a piece of cake. It is just more difficult in cat form. So, another option you have is: just pop into humanoid form right before the lava comes. Anyway, hope that helps. :D

Postby CaptainCub » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:49 am

Another tip is to turn off the submerge option "Water Collision" in the camera settings (DBM can do it automatically for you, if you'd rather) so that you won't panic as you rise to the surface and do just as Syntax told ya.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:52 pm

My wife who is resto had issues non stop when we first started working on him. We found it was due to the very large hit box of her Tauren avatar. When we figured that out she started using shape changing stuff, Iron Boot Flask, Deviate fish and so on. With any model other then a Tauren she had no further issues.

I have seen the same thing with the cat model but not the bear for some reason. If you are one of the other druid races you might have success in shifting to caster form and see if you have fewer issues.

Return to Kitty DPS