Register

Once again, kitty in the need of help :3

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Once again, kitty in the need of help :3

Postby monxide » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:08 pm

Hi there, it is my first post on this forum, however i'm reading FD frequently.
Here is my armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/ru/character/% ... %82/simple

Well, i have some troubles with my DPS, it falls down like hell in dynamic fights like Council, and i guess i m not pulling 100% of my possible damage either.
On static fights like v\t and argaloth i have like 23-24.5k (we are raiding in 10 ppl format), but when i look at our ranged dpsers, i want to pull out moar.
So i would like to take some advices bout improving my dps - i clippin bleeds nearly perferctly, ravage charge on low energy almost every cd, syncing TF and tol'vir pots with my rake and rip as much as possible, pulling energy near 70-80 range.
I guess my chants or gemming can be wrong, or overall state of my spec is so bad, that i can't reach 27-28k anyhow in 10 ppl raiding format :(
I think i should swap 35->50 str chant on gloves, 15->20 stats on chest, but other than that i can't think what can help me.
Probably i should reroll into worgen also, but i don't think that 1% of crit would make so much difference.
Any help would be appreciated :)

Sorry for my crappy english, it is not my native language anyhow.

Revered

Re: Once again, kitty in the need of help :3

Postby Sylvaneart » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:55 pm

Welcome to TFD forums. OMG your armory is all Russian LOL. I am going to give this a try becouse numbers are universal.
Gear
Odd you have tier shoulders, in America they have wings. But your gear looks great for your DPS. Only thing is i can't tell what your second ring is. Also your 1st trink is Fluid Death. Now that you are killing hard modes get cyclone off of halfus.
Reforging
I can't tell your reforging since i can't read it and dont want to guess wrong
Stats
It looks like your hit is at 6%. This is high enough i guess you have reforged for hit. Don't More hit will make your DPS go up but not as much as lossing that hit for mastery
Same thing can be said about your expertise. Hit and expertise will make your "rotation" flow easier but you are losing DPS.
Spec
Spec is fine.

Bottom line is you are NOT going to do as much damage as ranged DPS. We are bottom of the list my friend. With your gear if you reforge to Mastery i think you can improve. But like i said I am trying to do all this comparing information positioned on your armory to mine.
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Postby monxide » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:55 pm

Oh crap, i forgot it is written on russian, lol.
Well, i have balanced my haste and crit rating 1024\1025, got some hit to make my rotation a bit more comfortable and making 4t11 part of rotation not that big pain in ass, reforged everything i can into mastery.
So, can i improve my dps somehow by reforging? I guess i can drop some hit into haste\crit, but i'm a bit afraid of losing 4t11 bonus via missing\getting my attack dodged.

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:54 pm

Have u tried Mew? It is really your best tester.
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Postby monxide » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:10 pm

I did some testings via mew (20k iterations), but it told me that all my secondary stats are within 0.01 range with each other(1.04-1.05) cept mastery (1.19). Couldn't squeze out any more mastery though without dropping my agility or strength . Sigh, guess i have to live on with that small damage output :( Guess swipe buff in 4.1 will make kitty more useful in current content :mrgreen:

Revered

Postby Qbear » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:38 am

Well lucky for you I'm fluent in Russian....

Nah just kidding I have no idea what that armory page says, haha. Seriously though 23kish on fights like VnT in a 10m is very awesome for what your gear looks like. Your getting beat on the meters by casters because they're casters. It hurts to hear, but for fights like VnT where casters can roll their dots on both targets for the entire fight you should be getting beat. Hopefully one day that will change, but even with the 4.1 changes that should remain how those fights work. Just keep doing what your doing because your by no means a bad kitty. Keep gearing up and getting the rotation perfect and lets hope for some better encounters for our dps style in Firelands.

Postby monxide » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:43 am

Thanks for responses, guys, it made me feel better that my dps is good for my gear, got #3 on world of logs feral-dps at argaloth recently, so i guess i'm doing it the right way :D.
Also, i was interested in usefullness of 4t11 bonus, cause stats on most of t11 gear are kinda meh for kitty (only leg part seem to have a good stats). Could heroic offsets with mastery +2t11 be better than 4t11? It will also allow to spend less energy on mangles that maintains 4t11 bonus... However 600 ap seem to be worth it.

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:18 pm

The story with tier is usually the same. Off set pieces are almost always better when compered 1-1 but it is the set bonuses we go for. The answer is that in my testing and many others the 4p is the way to go.

Return to Kitty DPS