Register

Blood in the Water + FB Thoughts

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Blood in the Water + FB Thoughts

Postby Arthaei » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:25 pm

Ok so we all know the current lack of use of Ferocious Bite in a kitty's current dpsing, but what about how FB works in conjunction with our Blood in the Water talent. They've tried to fix it, but I'm sure a lot of others are having the same problem with Rip falling off either due to lag or how the Shred glyph isn't properly working with Rip and it falling off, then using FB and ending up with no combo points and no Rip on the target. There have been plenty of times I've simply chosen to Rip instead of 'risk' using FB to refresh it which makes me want to cry that we have 2 talent points in something that doesn't work properly a considerable amount of the time (not to mention Primal Madness also).

2 ideas popped into my head, why not reduce the energy cost of FB, it's only being used sub 25% anyway and does less/similar damage to Shred. Or, perhaps put it off the global cooldown which would further increase the chance of it working at refreshing Rip when we need it to. I'm thinking purely how this affects pve and the problems we're having with the talent basically not working how it should. I know obviously that would be op in pvp, but that's where Blizzard would need to come up with it being used in an alternative way perhaps?

Or perhaps something as simple as Shred/Mangle could extend Rip, or even Rip itself: (Rip no longer requires combo points past 25% and when used acts as though full cp's are up) ? then buff up Ferocious Bite damage to actually be desirable over Shred?

Either way I think the days of Shred extending Rip should be over, and Blizzard really need to look at how Ferocious Bite should be working for kittys. Or completely re-design Blood in the Water as a talent along with Primal Madness and of course the neverending SHRED POSITIONAL REQUIREMENT.

Any thoughts?

~Arth~
"Many druids died to bring us this information"

Honored

Re: Blood in the Water + FB Thoughts

Postby felhoof » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:43 pm

They've fixed the issue where a FB's 'travel time' takes longer than the rip refresh on 4.1. That part should be fixed now.

That being said, it's mostly a playstyle. The important thing as always is to refresh rip. If that means a lower than optimal FB, that's better, and a FB of ANY CP will refresh a rip.

Postby Arthaei » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:58 pm

Idd, I think at this point the easiest thing for Blizzard would be changing the glyph to simply increase Rip's duration by 6 seconds and not involve Shred at all. Still it would be nice to see FB increased in damage to make it an attractive finisher again and not just used sub 25%, but I guess all of this is overshadowed by Shred's positional requirement imo.
"Many druids died to bring us this information"

Revered

Postby shinryu » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:57 am

I still say Blood in the Water should have kept the name Nom Nom Nom...

FB definitely needs fixing somewhere, as boring as cat rotation is becoming now. I mean, is it really that hard to buff it by a few percentage points to make it hit worth using at 5 CP instead of just completely ignoring it? I mean, they had no trouble at all at just magically doubling Swipe's damage, why can't they buff up FB a bit more to give it some use?

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:43 pm

If you guys really are that bored, you can always put FB back into your rotation. Slap on the GoFB with it and the dps difference will be almost negligible. A little extra work for the same result - but if it increases your enjoyment...

Postby Suhmon » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:32 pm

If you are really so bored with feral dps, there are ways to make it harder, just like Leafkiller said. The "fun" of the most difficult rotation in WoW starts to fade when you're constantly dodging 1-shot mechanics and trying to refresh everything on a target about to lift into the air on hard modes.

Postby monxide » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:58 pm

Well, i do some FB's in my rotation at >25% target on ooc procs with 5cps on as well as shadowmeld\ravage macro, assuming i have >10 seconds on both rip and savage roar and frankly speaking i can't see how it could make my dps worse : )

Return to Kitty DPS