Register

Mew Releases

Face-rippin fun.

Mew Releases

Postby tangedyn » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:53 pm

Mew-20110425 is now available.

Major changes since last release:

- Simulation Progress Bar updates now throttled to reduce system resource overhead
- (4.1) Berserk is now off the GCD
- Leafkiller's optimized Cat Strategy is now available in Samples/universal1.script
- Simulations now generates a Report Output, which can be copy and pasted

Notes:

- We have created a Google Discussion Group at http://groups.google.com/group/mew-wow as the official feedback and support forum for Mew. We will continue to keep an eye on a few other forums, but not as frequently.
- When reporting results of your own Simulation runs, please copy and paste the entire Report Output (from the Report tab) in your post. This will allow us to analyze your results better.

Exalted

Re: Mew Releases

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:20 pm

This thread is now sticky.

For anyone who is using my rotation, please keep the following in mind:

The version of my script that is checked into the Mew tree is set to the Atramedes fight. There is a variable:

Code: Select all
int rotation = 2;

that is near the top of the file - that dictates which rotation to use. There are three rotations in the file. If you set the variable to 0, it will use the default rotation (which may be out of date since I updated it on the last public release of Mew). if you set it to 1, you get my version of a "Pathwork" rotation, and if you set it to 2, you will get my version of the Atramedes fight - which is what it was set to when I added it to the Mew tree.

The reason I put multiple rotations into the file was due to the slowness of the Mew file I/O. I did not want to wait for that when testing different fight scenarios. At some point I would like to have the fight scenarios added to the drop down list so they can be individually selected without having to walk through the file system.

Postby tangedyn » Wed May 11, 2011 11:41 pm

An experimental build for 4.2 is available
http://groups.google.com/group/mew-wow/ ... a66f2221f7

Honored

Postby Floofles » Tue May 31, 2011 6:47 am

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:56 pm

Information on how to build Mew for yourself (and not wait for Yawning or someone else to post a binary) available here.

Honored

Postby mekell » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:15 pm

Awesome, i will have to give this a shot. I already do all my development for work using subversion and eclipse and java so this should be relatively easy to get working :)

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:29 am

I just created a new version of my universal script ("universal.script") and checked it into Mew, along with the test profile I used for the optimizations (I got the stats by creating a toon on the Ptr).

The change log I posted with the check in:
New version of my universal script. It combines both the most current (6/23)
default Mew script and an newly optimized version of my script (based on the
default script, my 4.1 script and some additional optimizations). All the
optimizations were done with a single Mew profile - 378Leafhitexp.mew which I am
also checking in. The new script takes advantage of params to select with script
to run - it is documented at the top of the script.

Usage instructions (documented in the script):
// Leafkiller universal script
// Usage: In the "Custom Strategy Arguments:" box enter the following
//  [                   ] default script (empty)
//  [atramedes          ] default script, atramedes fight
//  [leaf               ] my script
//  [leaf atramedes     ] my script, atramedes fight
//  [exp                ] experimental script (same as leaf currently)
//  [exp atramedes      ] experimental script, atramedes fight (same as leaf atramedes currently)

Using the 378Leafhitexp.mew profile I am seeing about a 270dps increase over the default script on a 5 minute patchwork fight. A little more with the Atramedes options.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:07 pm

For those running the top of tree SVN version of Mew, Yawning updated the default script based on the work I did last night:

CatModelSimulator changes:
 * Cherry pick stuff from Leafkiller's script.  The two produce DPS that are
basically identical now.

Notes:
This includes the change to use Heroism right at the start of a fight, which was
the source of the bulk of the difference.  This has a side effect of making BitW
look absolutely terrible, but my care-o-meter is empty since previous behavior
can be obtained with a 2 byte change.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:18 pm

I was reading the new Blizz blog post about damage dealing (Ask the Devs#10) and came across this post:
We have also made the alternatives to the positional requirements much less of a DPS loss than they used to be. If you go into your Mangle rotation instead of your Shred rotation, your DPS will drop, but not catastrophically.

I realized that it is very easy to test that - just a few lines of code in the script and it is now possible to replace Shreds with Mangles (including not trying to extend Rip with Shred).

So, I added a new configurable option to my script (which I also updated to include the latest version of the default script). You can use the "mangle" option with the other options - so, for example, you could test the default script in atramedes mode only being able to mangle.

// Usage: In the "Custom Strategy Arguments:" box enter the following
//  [                   ] default script (empty)
//  [atramedes          ] default script, atramedes fight
//  [leaf               ] my script
//  [leaf atramedes     ] my script, atramedes fight
//  [exp                ] experimental script (same as leaf currently)
//  [exp atramedes      ] experimental script, atramedes fight (same as leaf atramedes currently)
//  [mangle             ] goes to a mangle only rotation - can be used with any of the other parameters - it works will all scripts

So...only being able to Mangle is about a 10% dps loss.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:28 pm

WTB
Glyph of Bleeding Wounds
Each time you Mangle or Shred, the duration of your Rip on the target is extended by 2 sec, up to a maximum of 6 sec.

to Replace Glyph of Shred. If that were the case Mangle would only be a 25% loss in DPE, instead of whatever it is w/ Shred being the sole extender of Rip.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:39 pm

As a side note, parries are not accounted for with the "mangle" option.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:58 pm

I added support for params to define the atramedes fight:

//  [air=ddd ground=ddd iground=ddd] allows the user to specify airPhase, groundPhase and initialGround phase lengths for Atramedes
//        for example: [atramedes air=30 ground=85 iground=90] would define a 30 second air phase, 85 second grounf phase with
//        an initial 90 second ground phase. Only integer values are supported.

So Alaron can do his tests without editing the script :P

Postby Odas » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:13 pm

To be specific, the Atramedes script just assumes the target becomes unattackable as soon as the air phase starts and attackable when it ends? So aside from the fact that combo points are retained between ground phases would it be possible to emulate a target switch fight by say doing [atramedes air=3 ground=60] for a fight where you attack an add for 60 seconds and then switch to another add which takes 3 seconds to run to? Would it be possible to include a parameter to clear the combo points between each ground phase?

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:21 am

Currently there is no multi-target support in Mew - so there is no way to test having DoTs on two targets at once, or to lose combo points.

In case anyone missed it, Yawning released a new version of Mew today (which includes the up to date version of my new script):

For the brave and or curious people out there a new Mew snapshot is available.

Notable changes since last build:
* 2T12 DoT apparently does not crit.
* Fixed a rather annoying bug in the Simulation Engine that was
causing Leafkiller's script to misbehave.
* Cat script improvements.

Download at: http://mew-wow-druid-model.googlecode.c ... 110624.zip

Regards,

Yawning

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:17 am

From Yawning:

Now introducing Mew-20110626

Notable changes since the previous release (Mew-20110425):

* UI libraries updated to Apache Pivot 2.0.
* Mechanics updated to reflect the last 4.2 PTR build.
* Support for level 80 has been deprecated.
* The cat simulator output format has been changed to something that
provides far more information.
* Mew now supports modeling Feral Tanking.
* It is now possible to chose the random number generator that will
be used by the simulator.
* Support for modeling attacking from the front is available for the simulator.
* It is now possible to see a combat log of the first iteration done
by any simulator model.
* Support for having < 100% time on target for cat is available
thanks to Leafkiller.
* Simulator performance has been significantly improved.
* The Cat script will use Heroism as early as possible, instead of at
the tail end of an encounter. If previous behavior is desired, edit
the script.

About the Bear support:

"i'd never use it because bear is basically put my fingers over 1-5
and press all at once but it seems to be very good" - Floofles
(Formerly of Outland EU)

There are two modes supported, "Tangedyn Formulation (Bear)" that is a
in Mew replica of Tangedyn's mitigation spreadsheet, and "Simulator
(Bear)". The Formulation model calculates mitigation/TTL, and the
Bear model calculates TPS/mitigation. Note that AoE is not supported
in either model.

The simulator model supports:
* Vengeance
* Incoming damage (White Swing, Yellow Swing, and Magic)
* Savage Defense
* Rage (Optional, Unlimited Rage is also supported)
* Cooldowns (Disabled by default, requires editing script)
* Interrupt Duty

Both models are rather sensitive to the parameters given for incoming
damage, and odd behavior will be observed if it is low. Additionally,
if you chose to generate stat values from the Simulator, a minimum of
100k iterations is strongly recommended to get meaningful results.

About the Pseudo Random Number Generators:

The default PRNG is WELL19937c as described in "Improved Long-Period
Generators Based on Linear Recurrences Modulo 2" (Panneton, L'Ecuyer,
and Matsumoto). It has slightly better mathematical properties in
certain edge cases than MT19937, and unless you have a compelling
reason, you should leave this as the chosen option.

Mersenne Twister is the PRNG that Mew used in previous releases.

IBAA is a cryptographic PRNG as described in "ISACC and RC4" (Rober J.
Jenkins Jr.). It is similar in nature to ARCFOUR in internal design
and should also produce reasonable random numbers.

Outstanding issues/open questions:

The person that assisted me with testing 2T12 reported that it was
rather buggy on the PTR. The modeling is correct as far as I know,
however there may be bugs in the live build that differ from behavior
currently implemented.

Especially as of 4.2 the old cat formulation model's weaknesses are
starting to cause it to be rather inaccurate. The Simulator should be
preferred in almost all situations, and there is a strong possibility
that eventually support for the Formulation will end up being
deprecated.

The Berserk proc rate as of 4.1 live is different from the tooltip.
There is an option to control this behavior, however the "Berserk Proc
Rate" bug should be enabled.

There have been conflicting statements as to if Thrash's initial
damage should be affected by armor or not. As of the last time this
was tested on the PTR, it was not affected by armor, and thus the
"Thrash Initial Armor" bug should be enabled.

Download at: http://mew-wow-druid-model.googlecode.c ... 110626.zip

Regards,

Yawning

Honored

Postby Yawning » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:39 am

Now introducing Mew-20110705

Changes since last public release:
  • Thrash code changed again to accurately reflect behavior on live servers.
  • Pulverize buff duration is no longer totally wrong.
  • Handy presets added to the UI that will allow you to select None/Self/Raid buffs conveniently.
  • Experimental Armory (battle.net) import.

Notes:
The Rake bug with Primal Fury is explicitly not modeled since I expect that to be fixed sooner rather than later. If there's massive demand I could model it but "Well, your dps kind of sucks now" is about the only conclusion one would draw from that (if it was a major difference to something that has perfect play).

The Armory Import feature uses a combination of the battle.net Community Platform API, screen scraping the advanced armory page[0], and a static item cache, and should be viewed as something that is experimental.

Known issues:
  • Armory Import does not correctly detect professions in all cases. Blame Blizzard. Once battle.net actually gives more than one profession in the response this will work automatically.
  • Armory Import will select tinkers and the engineering cloak enchant even if you no longer have the required skill in each profession. (Intentional, see previous issue)
  • Armory Import will only select Mixology if you have >= 510 skill, and not 500. (Intentional, assuming the player cares more about the Agi flask. Click the button if you are at 500, and are using a Stam flask.)
  • Imported weapon DPS may be off by anything ranging from 0.01 to 1 DPS depending on your weapon. The worst case is if I take battle.net's data at face value since it returns post haste rating/caster form AP weapon damage that I'm converting to weapon DPS due to rounding errors. However unless your weapon is awful, it will use the values stored in the item cache instead (you'll still see rounding but it's the difference between 743.9 and 743.89. If you care that much about that, edit the field yourself.)
  • Armory Import only currently supports us.battle.net and eu.battle.net (It does however appear to properly support characters with accents and Cyrillic.)

Download at: http://mew-wow-druid-model.googlecode.c ... 110705.zip

Regards,

Yawning

[0]: Yes this is currently required. No, I'm not happy about it.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."

Mew: http://code.google.com/p/mew-wow-druid-model/

Postby Evil » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:31 am

Konungr wrote:WTB
Glyph of Bleeding Wounds
Each time you Mangle or Shred, the duration of your Rip on the target is extended by 2 sec, up to a maximum of 6 sec.

to Replace Glyph of Shred. If that were the case Mangle would only be a 25% loss in DPE, instead of whatever it is w/ Shred being the sole extender of Rip.

Sorry for eventually off topic - but there's a point to ask the feral community what they'll do when they get into a fight where it isn't possible to shred (because of extrem healing have to be done - example on our Majordomus fight).

Here at my end I change Glyph Shred with Glyph Mangle for this fight - so my question is, what do you guys do in that kind of situation?

Evil while your question is valid it is OT and I would really like to keep the Mew thread clean for Mew work. I ask others not to comment on Evil's post here but to start a new thread if you want to discuss this.
Sylvaneart

Honored

Postby Yawning » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:47 am

Now introducing Mew-20110726

Changes since last public release:

• Simulator scripts now have the ability to obtain in-depth information about various procs (Trinkets).
  • Simulator scripts now must micro-manage on use procs.
  • Simulator models now honor the on use trinket linked cooldown.
  • 2T12 DoT does not appear to have glitchy refresh mechanics like ignite (Simulated DPS increase).
  • The Simulator is now capable of modeling attacking level 85/86/87/88 mobs.
  • The Cat Simulation model is now multi-target aware.
  • The Cat Simulation model has found Swipe (Cat) in it's spell book.
  • The Formulation based Cat model as been deprecated as results were questionable at best, and the Simulation model is considerably more accurate.
  • Logging output format changed slightly to accommodate multiple targets.
  • Profession requirements for enchants/tinkers imported via the armory are now enforced.

Notes:
Current default behavior is to line up on use effects with Tiger's Fury as that seemed to produce the most DPS with light testing. Note that this change substantially increased the value of such effects, and also it will favor trinkets over Engineering tinkers as trinkets are far more potent in effect. If different behavior is desired, edit the script.

The mob that the simulated druid is attacking now has a name. Cower in fear at the mighty Yawningstraza.

In order to fully utilize the new multi-target code to it's maximum potential editing the script is required. However, the default script has been updated to provide a few examples.

Examples (All entered in the "Custom Strategy Arguments" box):
  • "valiona" - A Valiona and Theralion style encounter. 2 targets, 120 sec per target, with 10 sec of dead time between targets. Detailed information for both Yawningstraza and Yawnialion is available.
  • "adds" - A generic add fight. 7 (level 87) adds are spawned every 60 seconds, each add lives for 15 seconds. While the adds are up, the current script behavior is to auto attack the boss, use cooldowns as they come up, and mash Swipe as hard as it can, while putting Feral FF on adds as it is able when energy starved. It is possible to customize the number of adds, the interval, and how long they live via the arguments box. More sophisticated AoE behavior will require editing the script. Note that this encounter model produces an extremely large report.

Frequently asked questions:
  • Why "Yawningstraza"? - Because I needed a name to differentiate between targets in the output, and "Yawningstraza" sounds cooler than "Fluffy Pillow". A incomplete list of other candidates includes "Yawnitron", "Lord Yawnolyth", "Yawnaros", "Yawnimonde", "Majordomo Yawnhelm", "Lady Yawnj" "Yawn'Arak", and "Floofles' Mom".
  • Why did the Toskk Model go away? - Because it was more inaccurate than not, and the simulator's performance and quality was deemed an acceptable replacement (Primal Madness and Tiger's Fury are a utter nightmare to closed form model.).

Download at: http://mew-wow-druid-model.googlecode.c ... 110726.zip
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."

Mew: http://code.google.com/p/mew-wow-druid-model/

V/T and Atra args

Postby MasterNewbie » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:40 pm

Would it be possible for the valiona/atra encounters to prioritize reapplying rake/rip when the transition from ground->air or the target switch is imminent? I am not certain how to call the utility timer for the duration remaining, but something along the lines of

if(mAtramedes && rakeTime < 9 && timeToFly < 5)
    return Action.RAKE;

if(mAtramedes && ripTime < 6 && timeToFly < 5) {
   if(noCPs<5) return Action.SHRED //or mangle depending on if mangle only is enabled
   else return Action.RIP
   }

The numbers are completely arbitrary and I'd assume the rough syntax could be carried over to the V/T type encounter as well.

I've been doing simulations to try to determine the value of haste when you aren't on the boss all the time, but normally most ferals would overwrite, if possible, their bleeds if they are about to experience a prolonged period away from the boss. The script doesn't appear to do so, so I think it may be undervaluing mastery if, in the sim, rip and rake fall off earlier than they would have if someone refreshed them in an actual encounter.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:57 am

Is there a plan to add the Equip Effect from the Agility Polearm from Madness of Deathwing:

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=78482
http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=78473
http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=77194

because I would love the chance to run some simulations to see just how powerful this weapon's effect is and if it is strong enough to overtake a slight iLvl difference in Weapon DPS.

Honored

Postby Mihir » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:22 am

Would require us to know the ppm / icd / procrate details of it.

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:46 pm

Mihir wrote:Would require us to know the ppm / icd / procrate details of it.

True, but lets look at it from the opposite perspective

What kind of uptime would it need to actually be worth it over the other staff?

Kiril, Fury of Beasts
932.2 DPS
514 Agi
Proc worth 829.25 Agi

Normal Spire of Coagulated Globules
888.2 DPS
526 Agi
596 Secondary Stats

Heroic Spire of Coagulated Globules
1002.5 DPS
589 Agi
675 Secondary Stats

With my gear, Agi ranges from 3.2:1 to 2.5:1 vs Secondary Stats (we'll take 3 since its nice and round and is about the mean). Weapon DPS is also ~1.62:1 vs Agi

Assuming these are roughly accurate for next tier:
Kiril, Fury of Beasts
932.2 DPS * 1.62 = 1510 AEP (Agility Equivalence Points)
514 Agi
Proc worth 829.25 Agi (Not counted yet)
2024 AEP Before Proc

Normal Spire of Coagulated Globules
888.2 DPS * 1.62 = 1439 AEP
526 Agi
596 Secondary Stats / 3 = 199 AEP
2164 AEP

Heroic Spire of Coagulated Globules
1002.5 DPS * 1.62 = 1624 AEP
589 Agi
675 Secondary Stats / 3 = 225
2438 AEP

So, assuming the numbers are reasonably accurate the proc (again worth 829.25 Agi) would need 16.9% or better uptime (defined as the full 20 seconds) vs the Normal staff and 50% or better uptime vs the Heroic staff. 50% uptime would mean an ICD of ~15 seconds or less (or 35 if it counts from when it procs; I forget how people like to count it). Likely if it has any reasonable ICD, Heroic Spire is gonna be better (but in no way as cool).

So its an obvious upgrade over Normal, and probably not an upgrade over Heroic unless it has no ICD. I'm ignoring the heroic version of the staff because at the point you have this, you've beaten Cataclysm (assuming they don't do some stupid Halion encounter to stall again...) and you're just collecting loot (though based on Normal vs Normal, it'll probably be the best simply do the ilvl difference).

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:28 pm

Schmoo, where are you getting your stats listing from?

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=77194

I'm also wondering, and can't test yet of course, if the proc will work like Fluid Death and have a ~100% uptime.

Honored

Postby Mihir » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:38 am

According to some ppl on mmo-champ that killed madness on the ptr, the proc has a 50sec icd. which would mean the normal polearm gets pretty close to the heroic staff, but still ~150 dps behind it.

(and icd is generally counted from the start of the proc)

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:35 pm

Mihir wrote:According to some ppl on mmo-champ that killed madness on the ptr, the proc has a 50sec icd. which would mean the normal polearm gets pretty close to the heroic staff, but still ~150 dps behind it.

(and icd is generally counted from the start of the proc)

Well, its going to be hard to calculate it out, since the ICD will continue resetting each time a new stack, until 10, is applied. Since it is a 15% chance on attack to trigger, you have the ramp-up time, then as soon as the 10th Stack hits, 1070 Agi, it starts. As soon as it ends, 30 seconds later you can start gaining procs again. This is going to be one beast of a weapon. It's also going to play HELL on our refreshing of Rip prior to BitW phase.

Next

Return to Kitty DPS