Register

Noob Druid needs Help!!! (Revised)

Face-rippin fun.
Honored

Noob Druid needs Help!!! (Revised)

Postby BigTwoHorns » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:51 pm

So I have been part of the WOW Cult for a little over a year now. I took a break for a few months and came back when Cata dropped and I feel that with a fresh eye I understand our class more and am ready to take the next step towards refining the art of Feral Kitty but I degress, I am a bad kitty and in need of some guidance. I understand the concept of rotation and stats for the feral druid but feel that I lack the knowledge to fully use our class to the best of its abilities. Can someone out there give me pointers on how to best utilize my gear and rotation to get the best DPS and life out of it? I have read through the forums but a little one on one advice would really help. Thanks ahead of time!!

(edit) This is not a trolling post, I am a beginner and thought that starting this thread would give me some advice. I leave trolling to WoW Forums and juveniles. Please do not pass judgment on my ignorance and any advice would be appreciated. Thank You.
Last edited by BigTwoHorns on Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A GOOD PLAN VIOLENTLY EXECUTED NOW IS BETTER THAN A PERFECT PLAN EXECUTED NEXT WEEK.
GEORGE S. PATTON

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/akama/bigtwohorns/simple

Re: Noob Druid needs Help!!!

Postby wraithaur » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:10 pm

I think your best bet is to research what the Priority list is. There is not a rotation as such, and barely any class has a set rotation anymore with cata bringing procs to alot of the classes.

Priority is like Keep Mangle up, 5cp Rip up, Rake up, Savage Roar up, shred combo points in between (pop FF on the target when no energy). Below 25% use 5 combo points to Fer Bite, to renew your Rip. Skill tips...use your kitty charge on CD when your energy is too low to do anything else (ie run out and charge back in for the free ravage).

There is heaps of resources out there, you just need to read them. Then go sit on the practice dummies all day long till u have it stuck in your head what to do. Kitty is all about the bleeds, keep the blood flowing buffed by mangle. With the 4.1 changes just cat swipe any more than 1 target i believe....and someone else may be able to confirm that cat swipe is superior single target vs mobs over 25% that have full bleeds on that just require filler attacks till Rip is renewed.

Honored

Postby BigTwoHorns » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:39 pm

Awesome, I appreciate the feed back. I was actually re-reading the Kitty DPS posts and saw the "NEED HELP?" topic so I feel pretty silly for posting this without doing that first. O.O Eh, you live and you learn. Now, my rotation I have been using is FC - Ravage then Rake, Mangle until I have enough CP's. From there I will Rip or FC depending on where the health is on the mob and run the rotation again until I FC again or it dies. If it is a boss or an elite I will throw in SR on the second run through to bring my Auto attacks up but after that I just keep the bleeds going. I never knew or paid attention to the fact that FF gave free energy, I guess that's just bad form but it is what it is. I do have trouble using prowl though I try, any pointers you can give on using prowl more effectively in PVE or should I just save it for PVP?

As for the resources being out there, I think The Fluid Druid is helping me on my way. Being the way I am I don't believe half of what I read online. That's not Folly is it?
A GOOD PLAN VIOLENTLY EXECUTED NOW IS BETTER THAN A PERFECT PLAN EXECUTED NEXT WEEK.
GEORGE S. PATTON

Postby wraithaur » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:22 am

i'm sorry but your 1st post i thought was trolling, but in the interest of being a supporting member of the community i answered.

Your 2nd post makes me think you are just taking the piss and i won't spend my time replying. If you were serious then i think you need to spend some serious time learning your class via practice and reading.
If you are not serious...which i doubt please troll somewhere else. mmochamp is a good place to go for that sort of thing. Mangle up CP's...please.FF returning energy?? what? its a debuff.

no more replies for you till you do some reading is my stand point.

Honored

Postby BigTwoHorns » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:13 am

Well, I have taken to the practice dummys as suggested and rearranged my gear from stacking strength for the bonus AP for both cat/bear forms to just Agility since I have been leveling in cat form for the most part. My AP is good and am hitting a bit harder in Cat form. I saw a post on a macro to use for FC - Ravage for one button push and it works well. Here is my Armory page: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/akama/bigtwohorns/simple
I have my Talents at 34/6 which I took from a post here and have also tried a hybrid spec for more survivability but since the mobs die quickly I have changed to this spec. One question i do have is should I reforge for extra Crit, Hit, or Haste? I was confused and tried to find help from guildies and sites and heard that extra Crit would be best to take the mobs down quickly.

Thanks in advance.
GEORGE S. PATTON

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:14 pm

Mod Time.

1st keep it clean, keep it friendly. 2nd smile

As to your posts. This isn't EJ we wont ban you for not researching things yourself. I looked at your armory. Your in greens and blues. I wouldn't reforge a single thing. Also you are lvl 84 - I wouldn't reforge a single thing. Start by getting gear with AGI on it not strength. Run 5 mans and get 333 agi gear. Then run 5man heroics and get 346 agi gear. For rotation read the guides on this site.
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Honored

Postby BigTwoHorns » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:46 pm

Thanks Sylvaneart. I have no problem doing research so with that said I will get to 85, run some dungeons, get the gear read more on the site and repost my armory page then. Thanks again.
GEORGE S. PATTON

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:57 pm

Oh and welcome to TFD
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Revered

Postby shinryu » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:12 pm

I'd look into Ovale with Leafkiller's script (which is posted here), it's a great way to get used to learning the rotation while having nice visual queues to remind you; I still use it to this day, I mean I don't really need it, but it's a nice thing to have.

That or find yourself a good dot timer to keep track of Rip and Rake, as letting them fall off is bad. Everything else is pretty easy, just mangle up the target, rake, shred to 5 cp, rip, shred spam while applying rake just as it falls off, SR, rip at 5 cp when your current rip expires, etc etc. Only thing you'd have to change is replacing rip with fb at sub-25% health since it refreshes rip for you, saving you a step in ways. Granted, you can make it more interesting by running out and FC/Ravage, but even that's not really needed, only resulting in a minor dps loss if you don't bother and more if you do it at the wrong time.

Honored

Postby BigTwoHorns » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:29 pm

Shin - Because of your reply I have changed my UI to help me keep track of my DoTs and Buffs/debuffs better and I have tried Badkitty and Feral by Night to watch my bleeds but I didn't care for either. I will probably try FBN again since it was back in Wrath when I first tried it. I also use Hear Kitty which has always helped keep an eye of where my CP were but that's about it for addons. I have looked at the addons thread in the forums but do you have an addon you can suggest?
GEORGE S. PATTON

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:22 pm

FBN hasn't been updated in a LONG time. I suggest ovale with leafkillers script copied in.

Honored

Postby BigTwoHorns » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:36 pm

Will do, I will check it out tonight. I read that post that you sent, nice work. Gives me some good ideas to work with.
GEORGE S. PATTON

Honored

Postby BigTwoHorns » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:15 pm

I was able to get Ovale while on my lunch and gave a bit of a try on the practice dummy. Only question now is do I just Copy/Paste Leafs code over the existing code?
GEORGE S. PATTON

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:27 pm

From mem ill try. Go to ovale section on this site. copy leafs code. Open your addons(ingame) go to ovale. There is a "code" box. click at beginning and then got to end and hit cntrol a this will highlight everything and hit delete then click in now empty box and hit control v and that will paste in leafs script. hit save or apply or whatever the little button is and your done.

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:28 pm

BTW i just love typing this on my phone.:P

Honored

Postby BigTwoHorns » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:15 pm

I can imagine it isn't fun, I have a hard time with my Storm and the little bitty buttons on the screen that jump randomly from letter to symbol and what not. Fortunately for me my company hasn't blocked TFD yet so I can get some keyboard time in. Now if only I could download the WOW client without them finding out..... Ha Ha!! :lol:
GEORGE S. PATTON

Honored

Re: Noob Druid needs Help!!! (Revised)

Postby BigTwoHorns » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:57 pm

Jesus, did I really write this? It's only been a month since but I think that if someone else would have wrote it I would think like Wraithaur did. I've been cramming my head with so much info it gives me headaches. No longer do I think FFF gives free energy :o (which in my defense I believe I was thinking of TF). It's really quite sad to be honest. My brother in law is giving me grief about reading too much and not "playing" though my numbers are certainly better because of it. I read and read and read about our class and mechanics and am understanding all the lingo on the forums. I really wish that I could delete this post (and others) and start from scratch. First impressions are always the most important and it takes time for others to change there impression of you as a friend of mine says.

No more replies for you till you do some reading is my stand point.

I'm not expecting any replies to this but thought I'd post it for my own good. In RL I deal with people all day and help them with my knowledge in my industry to get things done for there business so it's awkward to come to a place where I know next to nothing. With help from some of you and my constant research I feel less awkward when reading the forums. Thanks TFD.
GEORGE S. PATTON

Postby Antioch » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:32 am

I'm a great believer in the phrase there is no stupid questions only stupid answers, if you don't know something then ask. Worse case scenario people will point out where you can get the info even if they believe you are trolling it forces you to look at what you thought you knew and re-evaluate it. You may of come along way since this first post but you wouldn't of made such progress if you hadn't posted in the first place :)

Honored

Postby BigTwoHorns » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:03 pm

Thanks Ant. You are right too, if Wraithur hadn't said what he did then I wouldn't have been so apt to start learning as much as possible. There are still some things that confuse me but it's a learning process and as long as I am still researching and learning new tidbits here and there than my original post is a positive. Nicely put sir.
GEORGE S. PATTON

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:13 pm

The thing about ferals(and probably every class) is it is always changing. Nerfs, buffs, better SIMs, new gear. My general rule for learnig to play feral is "never think for a second you know it all". My second rule is eat your pizza BEFORE the raid.

Honored

Postby BigTwoHorns » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:28 pm

The thing about ferals(and probably every class) is it is always changing. Nerfs, buffs, better SIMs, new gear. My general rule for learnig to play feral is "never think for a second you know it all". My second rule is eat your pizza BEFORE the raid.
The thing about ferals(and probably every class) is it is always changing. Nerfs, buffs, better SIMs, new gear. My general rule for learnig to play feral is "never think for a second you know it all".

I have learned that too many people think they do know everything. In RL and WoW. You just have to take it all with a grain of salt and back up thier answers with someone elses. A second opinion. One thing that I read though will stick with me for my entire WoW career and is by far the most valuable advice I have ever recieved is:

My second rule is eat your pizza BEFORE the raid

Thanks Syl. ;)
GEORGE S. PATTON

Return to Kitty DPS