Register

Omen of Clarity wierdness?

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Omen of Clarity wierdness?

Postby mekell » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:37 pm

Anyone else seeing some really weird behavior with omen of clarity procs in cat form? Like streaks of 10 in a row?

Exalted

Re: Omen of Clarity wierdness?

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:42 pm

I am hearing that swipe does not use up the OOC proc - I have not heard whether other abilities are doing that.

Honored

Postby felhoof » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:10 pm

Yes; it's been reported on the official forums and EJ.

Under circumstances that aren't entirely understood but are likely to do with triggering an OoC proc while using other abilities, OoC won't be consumed. Anything - swipe, shred, whatever - will not use it up until it drops or until you get another OoC proc.

ETA: it also apparently goes away if you use a finisher. So...don't use finishers while you have OoC if you can help it :)

Postby Zaxxan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:33 am

Noticed this myself, it has gotten me killed with Swipe a number of times since Swipe aggro is already an issue, lol.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:57 am

To many enounters were bug'd to do much tonight. I did see on conclave and a few Omni attempts before we gave up that Rip wasn't using my OOC proc. After that I could shred like crazy. Same when I was switch targets for Conclave I would some times get a proc that even finishers wouldn't use up. Really weird.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:36 am

Yeah, shame we can't have weird OoC while the bosses are working right >.>

Intentional change? Sadly not, otherwise this would rock XD

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:20 pm

Blue post - OOC procs for feral druids will no longer be used up by abilities. The affects of OOC will persist until the proc has run its time.

LOL I WISH!!!!!! I didn't get much done yesterday with the buggyness and restarts. My entire 5man found ourselves in different instances of ZG at 1 point. All trash had respawned too. As far as OOC bug right now enjoy it while you have it I am sure it wont be there long.
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:57 pm

I saw some of that behavior last night while testing on a training dummy. At times I could get in multiple attacks on an OOC. I was not able to discern a clear pattern as it only happened sometimes. Later in the evening I did not see it happening anymore - which may have been a case of RNG.

Honored

Postby felhoof » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:31 pm

Apparently it's a bug that comes about with predator's swiftness. From EJ, the way to repro is this:

To abuse it, keep rake/mangle/rip up, use 5cp SR when clearcasting procs => use any non finisher ability.

You can probably also get it with FB.

Postby Orbu » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:40 pm

Yeah, I was wondering what the hell was happening last night when I would be allowed to string together like 6-7 quick Shreds on the same OoC proc/without using up energy on our 10H Chimaeron attempts...

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:05 pm

If i get that bug tonight on Halfus I might break records. LOL
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Honored

Postby mekell » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:06 pm

I tried reproducing this today and an completely unable to do it, it looks like its been hotfixed atleast on my server. Yesterday i could do this almost at will (latency i assume was the cause of the exceptions)

Honored

Postby Morghan » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:16 am

Druid (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
Predator's Swiftness being active will no longer prevent Omen of Clarity Clearcasting from being consumed when it should be.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:35 am

Yeah shame they hotfixed it so fast...oh well, I enjoyed my 1 day of abusing it, even if all the bosses were glitched and pretty much didn't get to fully enjoy it...

Return to Kitty DPS