Register

MR. Robot

Face-rippin fun.

MR. Robot

Postby Zaxxan » Wed May 04, 2011 1:27 pm

Just a simple question, what are people's thoughts on how useful/accurate Mr. Robot is for ferals. I use a combination of Rawr and Mew, but trying to explain either of those to friends who ask for help is a little on the frustrating side (neither are all that user friendly and can be intimidating to someone who just wants an answer) From looking at it it seems to be simpler to use from an end user standpoint, but does that simple to use mean not as thorough or not as accurate?

Revered

Re: MR. Robot

Postby Sylvaneart » Wed May 04, 2011 1:51 pm

I have only messed with it a little. I don't see where it handles reforging. And RAWR is pretty dam easy to use.
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Postby Zaxxan » Wed May 04, 2011 2:00 pm

Sylvaneart wrote:I have only messed with it a little. I don't see where it handles reforging. And RAWR is pretty dam easy to use.

I agree on Rawr being easy to use, but once you get in to trying to setup Rawr to give you the best results it can be intimidating for your average Wow player. I don't think you or me or most on these forums fall under the average WoW player category.

As for Mr. Robot it suggests reforging once you put in a character. It suggests it on the right hand side of the screen. Like for me personally (in mostly 359 gear)right now it has Crit and haste at the same value but is suggesting I reforge all the crit in to haste.

Just for reference here are the values it gives for me

Weapon DPS: 4.77
Agi: 3.11
Str: 2.36
Mastery: 1.23
AP: 1.14
Crit: 1.06
Haste 1.06
Expertise: 1.02
Hit: 1.02

Which is not far off from what Rawr is suggesting to me though Rawr still currently has Crit at a slightly higher value than Haste.

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Wed May 04, 2011 2:25 pm

Also Q has a nice article for doing Mew.
http://fluiddruid.net/2011/03/mew-n-you/
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Revered

Postby shinryu » Thu May 05, 2011 1:16 am

Well remember you can adjust the numbers on Mr. Robot and such, I believe by default it just yanks the generally accepted stat weights out there.

But I found it to be a nice tool to play with, got my pally hit and exp capped in a more efficient way than I had it.

Revered

Postby Qbear » Thu May 05, 2011 6:17 pm

I've messed around with Mr. Robot the problem is even when u adjust the settings you'll always get different answers when using robot, rawr, or mew. What's important to remember is reforging will never grant you hundreds of thousands of a dps increase. In that thought process it really doesn't matter what you use between the three programs. Lots of people love rawr and robot because it shows you what gear is bis bases on their calculations. However, I love mew because it can show me how when I change my stat values as I change gear exactly how much of a dps increase it is. Mew is the least user friendly but I'd suggest rawr over robot because the rawr team is more constant. Robot started off as a death knight//hunter program and has evolved from there, so I'm not sure how up on the way with how cats do things that team is.

Postby Zaxxan » Fri May 06, 2011 11:53 am

Mew is the least user friendly but I'd suggest rawr over robot because the rawr team is more constant. Robot started off as a death knight//hunter program and has evolved from there, so I'm not sure how up on the way with how cats do things that team is.

Yeah for my friends with alts I have been recommending Rawr over Mew just because it is simpler to use. Now if they decide to start seriously raiding with those alts when they hit 85 I will probably try and get them to use Mew + Rawr. And you pretty much answered my question about Mr Robotwith the fact that it started out as a DK/Hunter app, which make me think if you have DK or Hunter alt Mr Robot would be great, whereas Rawr started as a more of a feral app. Heh it's actually how I ran across Mr Robot is I was looking for something similar to Rawr for my Hunter alt since Rawr for me has always been a bit off for BM specced hunters. And unrelated to the program I just have to say how depressing it is to see how much easier it is to DPS as ranged. I am already hitting 13k in mostly greens and blues on boss fights in 5 mans on the hunter simply because I rarely have to DO anything other than stand there. Granted thats not raiding but yeah, I wasn't doing near as well with my main at that gear level.

As for reforging to gain DPS all 3 programs list all the secondary stats really close to each other, and all 3 have Mastery ahead so as far as that goes I don't think you can go wrong with any of them simply because secondary's are soooo close together right no. It really comes down to personal preference. I know that most of my friends get frustrated with misses because it complicates our priority system for them so while I tell them that while theoretically Hit isn't as good as Mastery, that its better for them to remain comfortable with the rotation so it's like a bigger DPS up for them to go with Hit until they are comfortable with the rotation.

Postby Beanna » Fri May 06, 2011 12:31 pm

Actually, it can be interesting to go for some Hit and Exp when you hit some Heroic content with various phases and switchs where having some bad RNG on your attacks could produce a big drop in your DPS. For exemple, you do not want a bad dodge spree on Magmaw's head during the very small window where you can really DPS the boss and going for some Exp for this kind of fights can result as a DPS increase since you are more confortable with your rotation and assured that you will apply your dots without troubles.
Anyway, if you want to make your rotation easier I think it is better to go for Exp rather than Hit because its EP is doubled on fights where you have to be facing the target and since skullbash can not miss anymore.

Return to Kitty DPS