Register

Best slot to go non-tier in heroics?

Face-rippin fun.

Re: Best slot to go non-tier in heroics?

Postby Darkrealm » Tue May 24, 2011 6:17 am

Sorry to hijack the hijacking of this thread but I have a little 4pc dilemma of my own.

I finally got the shoulder token off Chogall last night (in a pug actually, they almost were not going to give it to me because I had looted Tsanga's helm on the previous pull and rolled offspec because I was Moonkin for the raid and...I digress).

The dilemma I have is that because its taken SO LONG to get the 4pc and I had the rest of my gear like 2 months ago I have been building up my Moonkin set in the meantime, and my Moonkin set is almost on par with my Feral set now.

So I'm conflicted about which spec to use the 4pc on. I love my kitty but I find that I'm Moonkin on more and more fights because.... well its more usefull even with worse gear (Chogall, Maloriak, Magmaw, Halfus) and also because we seem to be taking more melee classes that before (2 rogues and a dps war).

TL:DR Anyone had to choose between 4pc feral and 4pc moonkin. Which did you choose and why?

Honored

Postby Floofles » Tue May 24, 2011 6:43 am

Both require a change of playstyle.

If you're playing moonkin more, get that, if not, get cat. If you're having trouble choosing which spec to play, have a think "Do I like being a cat?" or "Do I like doing DPS?".

If you like to do DPS then go moonkin as the nature of moonkin lends itself very well to the sort of encounters in this tier and, from what i've seen, also in Firelands too.

Postby Darkrealm » Tue May 24, 2011 8:29 am

Floofles wrote: have a think "Do I like being a cat?" or "Do I like doing DPS?"

I gave a sad little lol at that. I would rather be a cat AND do DPS, but I guess we can't have everything, so sayeth Blizzard.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Wed May 25, 2011 3:09 am

Honestly depends, you'll find on heroic a lot more fights are ranged friendly, so from a guild group progression standpoint, ranged would be better. However, if you're like the sole melee like me, then they can usually afford one...

Always hope to get another token somewhere else too.

Postby Darkrealm » Wed May 25, 2011 3:53 am

My head has over-ruled my heart and I went with Moonkin. Not that it really makes much difference DPS wise. It's more a psychological thing.

The great thing about the moonkin 4pc bonus though, is that you get to see an immediate effect, with big numbers flashing up on your screen as you get off several crits (which looks even more amazing when used with Wild Mushrooms). The kitty 4pc is more incremental.

Honored

Postby Floofles » Wed May 25, 2011 9:47 am

It's ok, everyone is fond of owls;

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/songs/Owls/

Revered

Postby Qbear » Wed May 25, 2011 9:49 am

Floofles wrote:It's ok, everyone is fond of owls;

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/songs/Owls/

ummm, creepy

Revered

Postby shinryu » Wed May 25, 2011 11:21 pm

I eat owls for breakfast. Along with a side of huntard for lunch and mage for dinner.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Fri May 27, 2011 3:17 am

I...FINALLY...got my shoulder token :D

For kicks mainly I decided to also go full hit/exp cap as well...though it meant using somewhat less than optimal gemming in 2 cases and 2 less-than-optimal enchants to get to (not to mention a few hundred gold unforging, reforging, and re-reforging due to mess ups lol). It'll be interesting to see how this'll work in next week's raiding...at the least it won't be button mashing to get stuff to hit, but I'm still rather skeptical if it'll boost dps by much, even though I'm guaranteed to see some boost at least thanks to the 4p.

Revered

Postby Qbear » Fri May 27, 2011 4:12 am

Ha I feel your pain on the gold sink, if you haven't tried it may I suggest in the future wowreforge.com you basically just type in your toon and server name then make sure the at least this much hit this much expertise is checked hit the reforge button and it will tell you in about 10 secs the best way to reforge your gear is to achieve your results. Huge time saver. You can even input your stat values so it knows what to reforge off of and into in order to maximize your dps.

As for going hit and exp cap I'm happy your interested in trying it; however, I strongly suggest that you don't trade the current BiS enchants or Gemming in order to do so. Hit/Exp are very close to our other secondary stats which is how I can justify my reforge choices. However, hit and exp are nothing compared to agi or even the str enchant on our gloves which I fear is what your losing a bit of to reach the cap. That will end up costing you more dps then it's worth to actually hit the caps.

Postby Furocious » Fri May 27, 2011 2:20 pm

*edit* moved to advice thread :) nothing to see here.
Last edited by Furocious on Fri May 27, 2011 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri May 27, 2011 2:30 pm

Hey Furocious. Welcome to the community. As a shamless plug you should check out the "Let's Talk About Logs" viewtopic.php?f=3&t=311 sticky. That thread is setup for excatly these types of questions. Perhaps I should modify the title so people know its cool to post there.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Fri May 27, 2011 2:44 pm

Qbear wrote:Ha I feel your pain on the gold sink, if you haven't tried it may I suggest in the future wowreforge.com you basically just type in your toon and server name then make sure the at least this much hit this much expertise is checked hit the reforge button and it will tell you in about 10 secs the best way to reforge your gear is to achieve your results. Huge time saver. You can even input your stat values so it knows what to reforge off of and into in order to maximize your dps.

As for going hit and exp cap I'm happy your interested in trying it; however, I strongly suggest that you don't trade the current BiS enchants or Gemming in order to do so. Hit/Exp are very close to our other secondary stats which is how I can justify my reforge choices. However, hit and exp are nothing compared to agi or even the str enchant on our gloves which I fear is what your losing a bit of to reach the cap. That will end up costing you more dps then it's worth to actually hit the caps.

I'll give that site a look over, one thing I'm making a note never to do again is to not reforge or make stuff via engineering again; someone I totally misread the mats needed to make Jeeves on my rogue alt and I ended up getting a lot more mats than I needed...they need to make the fact that when you make some repair bots they're in stacks and others aren't >.>

Edit, just looked over it, not too sure what this score thing is, but it's giving me a lot lower of one if I replace, say, the boot hit and glove expertise enchants for the regular ones. I mean is the glove str one even that good considering it'll be replaced likely anyways in 4.2? I mean I can also say understand how losing the agil on boots would hurt, but at the benefit of not being able to reforge away mastery on gear (like it wants me to reforge the mastery on my tsanga if I don't use the enchant, but does crit instead if I use it), so yeah...I'm not quite sure what is the right logic to be using here.

Previous

Return to Kitty DPS