Register

Rough Draft Druid T12

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Revered

Rough Draft Druid T12

Postby Qbear » Tue May 10, 2011 3:52 pm

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/ne ... r12wip.jpg

The shoulders are not in the game files as of yet; and apparently there is a current scaling issue with the gloves; however, this is a basic overview. Once things are more official I'll make sure to get a front page preview of the look as well as set bonuses and what has been found out thus far. Since this is of course a half done copy I thought it would be more suitable to just post on the forums.

Re: Rough Draft Druid T12

Postby Monopedia » Tue May 10, 2011 9:11 pm

I shall hold most of my judgement until the set is complete. Like a lot of people my attention is drawn to the helm... I like the tree trunk collar, unsure about the tiki mask but I'm not a fan of the huge tree branch unibrow - not only does it just look ugly, it also looks forced and out of place like it should just not be there

Postby wraithaur » Tue May 10, 2011 10:11 pm

my concern is more about stats. There is haste on just about everything and only the legs have mastery. More than that the 4.2 PTR notes show dmg increases to our shred,mangle,FB and ravage but not bleeds.
It looks like blizzard are not happy with our non-direct dmg and are changing that. Fingers crossed they do not exile our bleeds because that will totally change our pvp play style.

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Wed May 11, 2011 12:13 am

wraithaur wrote:my concern is more about stats. There is haste on just about everything and only the legs have mastery. More than that the 4.2 PTR notes show dmg increases to our shred,mangle,FB and ravage but not bleeds.
It looks like blizzard are not happy with our non-direct dmg and are changing that. Fingers crossed they do not exile our bleeds because that will totally change our pvp play style.

At that gear level and with the PTR changes, I would not be at all surprised if haste surpasses mastery.

Postby Ledgeby » Fri May 13, 2011 6:44 am

I'm quite confused about the 4 set bonus. From what I can gather, with 5 combo points your finishing moves increase the time of Berserk by 10 seconds.
Is that right or am I totally off?

Honored

Postby felhoof » Fri May 13, 2011 10:56 am

That was a mistake on the dm team; the bonus is that with your finisher, each CP gives you a 20% chance to extend berserk by 2 seconds, adding up. So with a 5CP finisher you can have a 100% chance to extend by 2 seconds.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Fri May 13, 2011 4:12 pm

I really wish they would use someone other than the ugly ass human to model off the armor, as they have to be the ugliest race to show armor on...

But eh, I can see it working on a Nelf, I too am not too amused with the helm, the collar is a bit off putting too. And I've already gone into my hatred of skirts in another thread, so I'll leave that out...otherwise, it's not too bad, though it lacks the flame influence as seen on the other tier gear; I know in theory we're supposed to be treehuggers, but still, with the new "druid of the flames" evil sect making their appearance in firelands, you think they'd give us something on fire...

Honored

Postby felhoof » Fri May 13, 2011 7:50 pm

Postby Suhmon » Fri May 13, 2011 8:25 pm

Shoulders now available. They do not disappoint.

Postby Ledgeby » Fri May 13, 2011 8:49 pm

felhoof wrote:That was a mistake on the dm team; the bonus is that with your finisher, each CP gives you a 20% chance to extend berserk by 2 seconds, adding up. So with a 5CP finisher you can have a 100% chance to extend by 2 seconds.

Isn't that kind of... shit?

Honored

Postby felhoof » Sat May 14, 2011 12:04 pm

Isn't that kind of... shit?
It's not the most impressive thing in the universe, no. It essentially is worth about the same value of DPS as the glyph of berserk was valued at when it was 5 seconds, since that's typically about what you're going to get out of it. ANything past 3 reapplications and it starts hurting a smidgen since it runs into the TF cd.

It's not super exciting. But it's ok.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Sat May 14, 2011 10:43 pm

Eh, I don't like it, again you can run out a full bar of Energy as it is with Berserk glyphed and waste some seconds, so yeah...

If anything, it sounds like we will definitely use TF glyph now (which was slightly ahead for the most part already) and we get a "free" Berserk glyph with the 4p. So yeah...I don't care for it personally.

Postby Suhmon » Sat May 14, 2011 11:25 pm

Well Blizzard put a thread on the PTR forums saying they are looking for feedback on set bonuses because they are not set in stone yet. Now is the time to complain and try to get us a good, solid 4pc that we want to get and doesn't screw up our rotation.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Sun May 15, 2011 2:57 am

Ooh I have an idea...what if it increased Tiger Fury's duration instead per CP/finisher or whatever? Now that would be pretty powerful, and go more in hand with the apparently new focus on melee damage?

Postby Suhmon » Sun May 15, 2011 5:08 am

That would be nice. It would likely be either too weak or too powerful though since there isn't a lot of room. If it adds too little time, it's near worthless, if it adds too much it becomes up most of the time. But it would be fun.

Hell, I honestly wouldn't mind something like the Paladin 4pc. Just increase the duration of Savage Roar or something.

Or, add on to the 2pc, making rip apply a flaming wound to the target, causing them to bleed for 10% more rip damage as fire. Or rip and rake, that'd be nice. But too similar to 2pc I would guess.

Honestly, one 4pc I always wanted to pve gear is the pvp 4pc. I would looooove 15% more movement speed in pve. Especially with the amount of movement in fights these days. THat would be so nice.

Postby Suhmon » Sun May 15, 2011 6:05 am

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... age=13#257

That is the thread for the feedback for the set bonuses. I already made a post there about the 4pc, but I encourage others to go and post their dislike of the 4pc as well. It seems to be one of the few places Blizzard is actually reading and occasionally responding. If we get people to express a dislike for how mediocre it is, they may change it.

Honored

Postby felhoof » Sun May 15, 2011 3:39 pm

If anything, it sounds like we will definitely use TF glyph now (which was slightly ahead for the most part already) and we get a "free" Berserk glyph with the 4p. So yeah...I don't care for it personally.
Given that the berserk glyph is now 10 seconds instead of 5 - there's no reasonable justification for using the glyph of TF over the glyph of berserk.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Mon May 16, 2011 12:48 am

Suhmon wrote:That would be nice. It would likely be either too weak or too powerful though since there isn't a lot of room. If it adds too little time, it's near worthless, if it adds too much it becomes up most of the time. But it would be fun.

Hell, I honestly wouldn't mind something like the Paladin 4pc. Just increase the duration of Savage Roar or something.

Or, add on to the 2pc, making rip apply a flaming wound to the target, causing them to bleed for 10% more rip damage as fire. Or rip and rake, that'd be nice. But too similar to 2pc I would guess.

Honestly, one 4pc I always wanted to pve gear is the pvp 4pc. I would looooove 15% more movement speed in pve. Especially with the amount of movement in fights these days. THat would be so nice.

Why Savage Roar? It lasts long enough as it is, not to mention it's kinda crappy...

Revered

Postby Qbear » Mon May 16, 2011 1:57 am

Druid T12 4set bonus. When you gain cat form you now change into wolf form. Your dot damage has a chance to proc wolf pack summoning a mirror image of yourself to attack your target. You emote there is now 2 members of my wolf pack, 3 members of my wolf pack, ect... per wolf summoned.

Hangover was such a good movie.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon May 16, 2011 2:07 am

felhoof wrote:Given that the berserk glyph is now 10 seconds instead of 5 - there's no reasonable justification for using the glyph of TF over the glyph of berserk.

Currently I use the Berserk Glyph on 2 fights, Magmaw, and Meloriak. They both have burn phases that will line up well with berserk. However I find myself almost never able to continue making use of the extra 5 seconds due to energy starvation. I always pop TF before berserk so I have a full energy or close to full. Every once in a while I get a lucky string of OOC proc's but it is not consistant enough to work out very well. If Berserk is extended to 30 seconds (ignoring the T12 4p at the moment) we get maybe a few extra shreds, but we will have to refresh rip at least once, and rake twice during that time. Also assuming at the start of 4.2 we will still need to be keeping the T11 4p bonus up during that time.

I can see it being a slight advantage during a burn phase of a boss, but that assumes you can stand still for 30 seconds and not target swap. How much of a dps boost is this really going to be over TF?

Return to Kitty DPS