Register

Confusion with stat values.

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Re: Confusion with stat values.

Postby mekell » Wed May 18, 2011 2:14 pm

While i am probably not of the calibre of some of the druids that post on this forum, i have placed in the top 50 on some fights,i personally prefer to have around 6-7% hit rating, and i take expertise as it comes. I find that a large string of misses when, say, magmaw's head is down really really sucks. While this setup doesn't prevent that from happening, it does a pretty good job at minimizing it.

Revered

Postby Qbear » Wed May 18, 2011 2:53 pm

Well Leaf looks like you got your next front page post brewing already and u said it best, Damn you Floofles!!!! (just kidden ur aight)

Revered

Postby shinryu » Thu May 19, 2011 2:20 am

To think one little post would set off such a controversy...

Personally, I think I'm just gonna stop reforging gear unless it has no mastery at all, in which case then I'll redo a statby flipping a coin, or maybe seeing which would give the best mastery boon :P

Postby Puna » Thu May 19, 2011 5:05 am

Reforeged for hit/expertise cap this week. I've been looking for a reason to do this for a long time. anywhoo ranked on 2 fights this week

16 Puna 17-05-11 Maloriak 25 Heroic 31301 dps
23 Puna 17-05-11 Chimaeron 25 Heroic 25165 dps

here's me

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... a/advanced

Postby Lax » Thu May 19, 2011 5:28 am

I raided last night with 8% hit and 19 expertise and I must say I like it a lot. The hit rating really adds the "fluid" to my druid :) The dps "rotation" is much more relaxed and forgiving.

Honored

Postby Floofles » Thu May 19, 2011 7:53 am

Honestly 99% of people can ignore RSVs. Go with your gut feeling and try to maximise mastery. Play style and RNG will dictate whether or not you end up getting top logs, not gearing.

The benefit of hit and expertise is not on single targets, it's on multi targets and the reason you'll see a few people ranking highly with hit and expertise reforges is entirely because swipe does not return energy on dodge, parry or miss. It's a slight loss on single targets and it's frustrating to play with hit and expertise personally.

Revered

Postby Qbear » Thu May 19, 2011 1:02 pm

Lol Lax corny joke is corny. Hey it's Floofles, hmm.... should prolly stop being fake angry. Any chance you could do less dps for awhile give me a chance to catch up?

Revered

Postby shinryu » Fri May 27, 2011 3:20 am

Well I just got my 4p after 2 long freaking months (other druid won the heroic chest token and passed on the token in BoT), so for kicks I also decided to go hit/exp cap as well, though it meant doing a few...non-optimal things from a gemming/enchanting viewpoint. So anyways, was wondering if anyone could offer maybe a more optimal way to get hit/exp capped than I did?

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/n ... aki/simple

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri May 27, 2011 3:27 am

Hey Shinryu. You should check out the "Let's Talk About Logs" http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=311thread. That is just the place for you to get all the answers to your most burning questions :^ ).

Revered

Postby shinryu » Fri May 27, 2011 2:55 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:Hey Shinryu. You should check out the "Let's Talk About Logs" http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=311thread. That is just the place for you to get all the answers to your most burning questions :^ ).

Didn't post there because we don't have/use wol in our little raiding group...

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Fri May 27, 2011 2:59 pm

but you could shin. The site is free and WoW makes the log itself. No addons needed.
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri May 27, 2011 3:02 pm

I updated the title of the thread to encourage more people to post there. Logs help us focus on specific things you do in a fight, but gearing questions are also welcome even if you don't have a log. The added benifit is if people keep up on the thread they may find out their questions were already answered or prompt new questions they didn't know they wanted to know before. Go for it.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Fri May 27, 2011 4:31 pm

Sylvaneart wrote:but you could shin. The site is free and WoW makes the log itself. No addons needed.

Hmm...elaborate more please? How does one go about using this tool...I mean I looked at the site myself a while back, but couldn't make heads or tails about what it was talking about really, it sounded like you had to download something; perhaps you can explain it a bit more clearly?

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Fri May 27, 2011 4:57 pm

I have a write up on my guild site that i will copy over when i get home from work.
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Revered

Postby shinryu » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:01 am

Well after 2 weeks with raiding at hit/exp capped, must say I do like not having to spam buttons to get them to work lol. I think it also helped a lot on H Maloriak tonight as well, wasn't missing on the adds (besides random parries, someone explain how blobs can parry >.>). But yeah...I guess it's definitely worth a shot if no one has done it yet, 1-2% less theoretical dps or whatever in exchange for no headaches and a much smoother rotation is a pretty decent trade imo.

Trying to figure out how to get back to hit/exp cap now though, was using the emblem cloak and it had hit and reforged exp I was using, so now below both caps, go figure :(

Revered

Postby Qbear » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:28 am

Yeah again it all comes down to play style preference the secondary stats for a feral are just to close to really be screaming if you don't reforge this way your clearly doing it wrong. I've tossed this out on a few other places guess I can do it again. Just a quick check to make sure your gear has enough secondary stats on it to simply reforge to the caps try using wowreforge.com. Just make sure the "at least" option is clicked for both hit and exp and it will tell you in your current gear if you can obtain the caps through reforge alone.

If you can't then it is possible to switch gear of the same Ilvl to reach the caps if thats how you like to play; however, that is the case only because gear of the same Ilvl will usually come with the same amount of agi, maximizing agi is still our number one priority so never change BiS gemming or enchanting methods to reach a hit or exp cap.

Previous

Return to Kitty DPS