Register

Chimaeron tips

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Chimaeron tips

Postby Grenache » Fri May 20, 2011 2:20 am

I did Heroic 25 Chimaeron last night for the first time as feral (usually Resto) and although it's theoretically quite a sweet fight (no movement etc) for us feral types (Feral Charge is awesome for getting back to your position), I couldn't help but think my dps was crap regardless.

I'm guessing it's all because of the Feud hit debuff - plus we're mangling from the front etc... I don't have 4 x T11 either.

Any suggestions for improving my performance (besides pre-potting)? I imagine my priority when in Feud would be to (apart from Barkskin and Tranq) keep bleeds going, and FB to extend Rip etc. Is it worth putting on a huge Expertise / Hit trinket for that fight?

Re: Chimaeron tips

Postby Antioch » Fri May 20, 2011 6:18 am

When you move "in front" of the boss for feud, the mechanics still take it that your behind and you can actually continue to shred. Depending on where your guild groups up there should be no reason for you to mangle on this fight.
As for whether you should gear for hit/expertise, check out This post and see what you think.

Honored

Postby Grenache » Fri May 20, 2011 9:03 am

Facepalm. Thanks so much! I never even considered I'd be able to Shread from the front. I noticed as soon as feud started that my last shred would often fail to work as I was running through the boss towards the front. That explains it. Blizzard secretly loves ferals clearly :) Do they do this on Magmaw's exposed head also?

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Fri May 20, 2011 9:24 am

Not sure about head becouse u can get behind it when it falls al don't know if it is from everywhere
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Postby Lax » Fri May 20, 2011 4:49 pm

Antioch wrote:When you move "in front" of the boss for feud, the mechanics still take it that your behind and you can actually continue to shred. Depending on where your guild groups up there should be no reason for you to mangle on this fight.

Thats not true for hc mode though. You can only shred from the front as long as Feud has a casting bar. He only does that for a couple of seconds in hc mode.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri May 20, 2011 5:05 pm

We point the boss away from the raid in hardmode - it is easy enough to keep the feud tank alive outside of the raid pile.

Postby archury » Fri May 20, 2011 5:53 pm

Also of note, the -hit debuff doesnt hurt us as much as it does other classes. Once we get our bleeds up, they cant miss. And with our other attacks, were refunded 80% energy for all misses. It's more annoying than anything, having to spam abilities until they hit.

Postby Kallapryy » Fri May 20, 2011 6:32 pm

Try having your raid leader put you just behind the bosses mid point before the fight. You can feral charge from there but never move from your spot. This will also give your other raid melee more room to be placed around the boss.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri May 20, 2011 8:15 pm

Kallapryy wrote:Try having your raid leader put you just behind the bosses mid point before the fight. You can feral charge from there but never move from your spot. This will also give your other raid melee more room to be placed around the boss.

And if you have two ferals in your raid, make sure to stake out your position in the center of Chimaeron first ;)

Seriously though, you want to stand in the middle of Chimaeron and feral charge on cooldown. You should use glyph of FC on this fight. Being able to FC throughout the fight is worth a good 1000dps to you.

Return to Kitty DPS