Register

Battle Rez

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Battle Rez

Postby Dabeasty » Tue May 18, 2010 10:49 am

What do you all use to allow you to quickly target and battle rez a dead raid member?

Up to now I havent used anything but a simple raid frame might be handy to quickly spot, target and rez someone.

Site Admin

Re: Battle Rez

Postby Alaron » Tue May 18, 2010 11:16 am

Since I have a resto offspec, I use Vuhdo for healing and its built-in brez capability. Essentially, when someone in the raid dies, I get an audio alert (which may be from Omen? Have to check on that) and their bar goes grey, making it easy to spot. If they're in-range for a brez, then their bar will be slightly brighter. A single-click on a dead character, with auto-rez functionality enabled, casts Rebirth in combat/Revive out of combat.

Generally, I'm insta-brezzing a tank or key healer, and waiting for the RL to call it for a DPS. The only problem is that if you have multiple druids, you can waste brezzes on the same person if they don't accept quickly. It's also fun to find someone if they're out of range...this is one of the few times I use the minimap.

(A good topic, btw.)

Postby aissi » Mon May 31, 2010 6:39 pm

I usually just use grid to target the dead member and then brez them. Grid fades out member's icons who are out of range, once in range their icon becomes brighter and I know I can brez them. I may check out vuhdo, single click brez seems slick. Thanks for the idea.

Honored

Postby Dabeasty » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:15 am

I've settled on Grid, I do have to click the person then click the battle rez but its so much better than searching for dead bodies.

I also like having that global view of all in raid from grid, I can see whats going on much better.

Took me a while to place the grid frame but in the end I stuck it on the LHS of my screen and turned off party portraits. I have the group by class option selected and I find it makes it much easier to find people.

Postby Willféral » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:54 am

Grid is a great choice for locating dead raiders quickly.
Also i would like to throw out there that there is an add on called Rebirther. This is perfect for raids that contain multiple druids.
It provides a raidframe for all the druids in the raid and will tell you who has a b-rez available it also can tell you who has a innervate available.
Great for raid leaders to call out battle rez's

Honored

Postby Goodmongo » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:14 am

As a kitty dps I also have to brez people from time to time. But my screen space is a limited with things like timers, and Ovale. My question is does grid take up much room? It's raily uncommon when I have to brez but when I do they want it done yesterday so something that lets me target and get the brez off but takes little room would be great.

Honored

Postby Dabeasty » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:33 am

You sound like me! I was worried about exactly the same things.

Yes it takes up a fair old whack of space if you want to be able to read the names on the boxes. But I must say, since getting it I wouldnt want to be without. It does come in very handy to have that global view of whats going on and its great for quickly selecting other players for battle rez and anything else (quick innervate, vamp bite etc).

I toyed around with lots of different placements and configurations of it and eventually settled on LHS of my screen having turned off party frames in the normal blizz ui. I organise raid attendees by class and find it easier and quicker to locate people quickly that way.

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:24 am

Any of my UI's have raid frames prominently displayed. The utility of being able to quickly brez, depoison, decurse, know who's dead so an assignment can be picked up, etc, are invaluable.

I recommend VuhDo (highly configurable raidframes; designed for healers but work perfectly for ferals) with RaidBuffStatus (gives audio alerts of people dying...essential for quick brezzes)

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:05 pm

I can't recomend VuhDo enough in this case. In addition to everything Alaron listed I have mine set to single click CC for MC'd players. This is essential for CC'ing our Resto druid during Heroic Lady Deathwhisper. There are so many other custom macros you can make for 1/2 click casts, buff monitoring you name it.

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:02 am

That's a cool idea. I need to look...does vuhdo have dual-spec support at all? I have all my click-binds set up for my resto offspec right now (though I suppose I should just memorize more and start using Alt+click binds)

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:08 pm

I haven't thought to look, but now I think I want to. As I am double feral I am only really doing the CC when I am not filling in for tanking on that fight (which has been a lot lately).

Return to Kitty DPS