Register

Any advice?

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Re: Any advice?

Postby Virilana » Mon May 30, 2011 3:39 pm

Well as embarrassing as it is to say this I didn't realize till about a week ago that I could even double pot >.> It never even occured to me taking one before going in to start the CD, and then I read an article about it and I still cant believe I didnt think of it... its so obvious! Haha so I am double potting now, but I most definently wasnt before :oops:

What I've been doing with berserk is basically using it in the beginning, which seems to be a bad idea... It would make sense to once I get low on energy at first then use Tigers Fury to get the 60, postponing that till I can pair it with ravage, preferably as far in as I can push it so I can get some abilities in before it. So at that point with the 60 energy would it be a good time for berserk or would waiting till the second one be more optimal? Or is it really just situational?
Druids name WAS Atayla, now Kittylicious due to some harassment issues.... So that's who I am on my logs now :)

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon May 30, 2011 5:50 pm

I think the fight usually dictates when and how you berserk. A good examples of holding berserking at the start would be Magmaw. Heroic or not being able to berserk during the first head phase will get you much more milage then working it in as part of your opening.

If you are doing heroic Meloriak Floofles suggested holding berserk for the first vile swill phase, and then it will be back up for green phase.

Personally I hold berserk on the Nef enounter until we have switched off of Ony and onto Nef. I do this because it workes with our strat. It's also nice to have ready to go incase you get lucky with 150 stack of the Stolen Power buff (heroic only).

Honored

Postby Grenache » Mon May 30, 2011 6:12 pm

I had been blowing my Beserk on H Maloriak off the pull as I found that early in the vile swill phase the aggro was not as solid and I died once or twice. I think I will just stay on the boss for 5 seconds longer and feral charge over quite late. For those Swills, I take it I should try getting hit up quite high for that fight and maximise SR and just swipe? Our RL doesnt like my infected wounds slowing things down.

Postby Virilana » Mon May 30, 2011 6:37 pm

With fights like magmaw I definently save berserk for the head phase and other high damage phases. I think with saving bersek on a straight forward fight I'll wait till my second potion is ready then use it with the potion directly after a tigers fury to get the highest possible damage.
Druids name WAS Atayla, now Kittylicious due to some harassment issues.... So that's who I am on my logs now :)

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon May 30, 2011 9:22 pm

Virilana wrote:With fights like magmaw I definently save berserk for the head phase and other high damage phases. I think with saving bersek on a straight forward fight I'll wait till my second potion is ready then use it with the potion directly after a tigers fury to get the highest possible damage.

Always hit your pot before TF and Berserk. It lasts for 25 seconds. No point in blowing a GCD during a shorter cooldown to hit your pot.

Honored

Postby Floofles » Mon May 30, 2011 9:31 pm

You really should not be speccing infected wounds in a DPS spec.

If you pull aggro on swills use cooldowns and keep swiping, keep them grouped up with the other swills.

Honored

Postby Grenache » Tue May 31, 2011 9:50 am

Fixed that with a spec change. I thought I was being a bit of a raid team player that way but sounds like other players will possibly provide that in a 25 man anyhow.

Cower, SI, Barkskin, presumably in that order I am guessing.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue May 31, 2011 1:16 pm

A few things to remember about cower.
1. It's single target not aoe. If you pull more then one at once cower will only help you with 1.
2. Because cower can be dodge, parried or miss (will not refund energy and will still go one cooldown) it is best to wait until after the tank has taunted back before you cower. It will give you a much better shot of connecting if you do it from behind but also it will let the tank get that much ahead of everyone else before you drop your threat by 10%.

Now thats really easy to say, but more difficult in pratice. If you can time it right it will turn out better for you, but things may just be to crazy for it to work right. Worry more about using your survival cooldowns and keeping the adds together (even if you have to stand on the tank to do it). If you are lucky enough to have a warrior tank kiting the adds make sure you have Vigilance to make things easier for him.

Honored

Postby Laurind » Tue May 31, 2011 5:55 pm

Hi, just as we are here... I'll just add a question :P
last time I was testing on the dummies the rotation...

About UW proc... should I do anything to maximize its proc? tried to pool energy, holding TF and/or Berserk for it... but more often than not, i had to refresh Rake or Rip during the proc... (so there went my pooled energy... and depending on how many CP i had, even TF)

is this normal? bad dodge/miss streak? (trying to get hit/exp caps, but a bit far from them)
should I let Rip and/or Rake drop off (doesn´t sound too good)
or let the proc go by... doing a normal rotation?

ty :D

Honored

Postby Floofles » Tue May 31, 2011 6:03 pm

It doesn't proc immediately after the first attack after the ICD is up, you could mess around with pooling etc but you'd gain barely anything. I'd just say get a better trinket.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue May 31, 2011 6:08 pm

Laurind wrote:Hi, just as we are here... I'll just add a question :P
last time I was testing on the dummies the rotation...

About UW proc... should I do anything to maximize its proc? tried to pool energy, holding TF and/or Berserk for it... but more often than not, i had to refresh Rake or Rip during the proc... (so there went my pooled energy... and depending on how many CP i had, even TF)

is this normal? bad dodge/miss streak? (trying to get hit/exp caps, but a bit far from them)
should I let Rip and/or Rake drop off (doesn´t sound too good)
or let the proc go by... doing a normal rotation?

ty :D

You really shouldn't let the UW proc change your rotation. As it is it will always be buffing your white hits, Shred hits, and Mangle hits. While it's cool when TF and UW line up you should never hold TF, or let bleeds or SR drop just to try and get "One more shred in". Just continue to do your rotation as normal proc or not.

Previous

Return to Kitty DPS