Register

New Feral DPS Ovale Script (Updated for 4.0.1)

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Re: New Feral DPS Ovale Script

Postby tbot » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:20 am

It doesn't really make much difference. The label currently is a little misleading is all.

Maybe changing the label to "Swipe On Cooldown" ?

It doesn't have to do with the actually functionality. It's just for clarity so that someone will know what the checkbox does.
(Something that bothers me about the other ones)

Postby Wrathful » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:29 pm

Hey guys great work on the new script love it. I tried it out and it was at least a 500dps increase for me right off the bat . I do have on question what prime glyphs should we be running with now still shred, rip, and SR or has bersker or TF overtaken SR? I saw in an ealier post Leafkiller saying that his Ovale script detects glyph of shred and berserk. So didn't know if that meant berserk was better.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:16 pm

Wrathful wrote:Hey guys great work on the new script love it. I tried it out and it was at least a 500dps increase for me right off the bat . I do have on question what prime glyphs should we be running with now still shred, rip, and SR or has bersker or TF overtaken SR? I saw in an ealier post Leafkiller saying that his Ovale script detects glyph of shred and berserk. So didn't know if that meant berserk was better.

Would you believe it is gear dependent?

Here are some Mew numbers for both my profile and also Yawning's profile. First two glyphs are Rip and Shred.

Leaf SR - 15881
Leaf Berserk 15887
Leaf TF 15888

Yawning SR 17367
Yawning Berserk 17384
Yawning TF 17342

First off notice that the difference for a BiS gearset (not hit/exp caped) is only 42dps between the three glyphs for Yawning. In my gearset (I am hit/exp capped) the difference is 7dps. I am sticking with SR for now. The current logic in my Ovale script for deciding when to Berserk does not take into account primal madness (the Mew scripts do). If you use the glyph of Berserk, your window for casting the Berserk shrinks to 10 seconds - which can make it tight on getting to the proper energy range. I am not as good at pushing the proper buttons as Mew, and the rotation feels a little tight like that. Missing the window can delay Berserk for 15-20 seconds - which could result in a lost Berserk depending on fight length.

Postby Wrathful » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:31 pm

Thanks for the super quick response Leaf. Based on what you were saying I ran myself threw Mew. I follow the way Yawning gears not really bothering with hit and exp caps, but my gear is no where near what either of you guys have, anyhow I'm seeing about the same results as you guys Berserk was on top, but not by much so I think I'll just stick with SR myself. Especially if Berserk makes it a tighter window and a chance to miss a Berserk. Thanks for taking the time to explain that so well.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:42 am

Posted version 1.0.4 of my script. Changed the max energy for berserk to make it suggest more often (91 to 96), changed the text per tbot's request for swipe on cooldown, and added to additional small boxes to the right that show ability cooldowns (there is a checkbox to toggle whether or not these are shown). I find it easier to do the cat rotation if I can see rip/rake time left - not to mention it makes it easy to see shreds extending rip and rake being clipped. It shows mangle/swipe for bears.

On a separate topic - I regemmed, going agi, agi crit where socket bonus >=6 agi, and 1 nightmare tear. In addition, I reforged so every piece has max available mastery. My hit and expertise are now very low. Mew calculates my dps going from 15881 up to 16367 with this gear change. My parses on the target dummy validate this.

Postby sennah » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:43 am

hey leaf, what means your hit and exp are very low, can you write down your numbers ? i know its not optimal to reach the caps but how much i can go under ?
i gemmed
Blue(3) with 20hit
Red(7+1 prismatic) with 20/34agi
Yellow(6 with +6agi bonus) with 10agi/10crit
Yellow(1) with nightmare tear
Yellow(3 with +4agi bonus) with 20agi(red)
Meta with 21agi/3%crit
i got 80 exp from gear, the rest reforged a little bit over 200
i got 97 hit from gear +60 hit from gems, the rest reforged around 260
mastery is reforged to 193

my average iLevel is 262, only bracers are 245 the rest is 251/264 most/and 2 items with 277
but my dps on boss dummy is around 9-10,5k DPS

Postby borkin » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:03 pm

@ leafkiller

I was using your script last night. There was another feral druid in the raid. I didn't have manglebot checked, I assumed he would keep it up. After a while I noticed he didn't keep it up enough (maybe 70% of the time), but without having manglebot checked I never saw mangle show up on the suggestion (no debuff on boss whatsoever).
So I checked manglebot. At this point it would suggest mangle when mine was expiring even if he had actually mangled and the debuff was on the boss.

So I guess, can you make it suggest mangle without manglebot checked and no corresponding debuff on mob?

Other than that, things are looking good, thanks for this.

Postby tbot » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:29 pm

Borkin, the way the script works is this.
1) If you don't check the mangle box, It assumes someone else is handling mangle and will never suggest it

2) If you check the mangle box, it tracks the current bleed debuff and will tell you to apply it no matter who's is up currently with 1 second remaining. Your example situation doesn't make sense... your mangle can't be expiring if he has applied mangle because at that point your mangle no longer exists.

Hey Leaf, I really like the added icons. Is there a way in Ovale to show the time remaining on a debuff? Aka have the window display 9 seconds left on rip or something.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:59 pm

tbot wrote:Hey Leaf, I really like the added icons. Is there a way in Ovale to show the time remaining on a debuff? Aka have the window display 9 seconds left on rip or something.

That is what it is showing - at least for me. I see a count down in the windows overlaid on top of the spells - and it is not showing when to refresh (since we may want to clip the last tick) but rather when it expires. Maybe it is an Ovale option you have not selected. Do you have "Numeric display" checked in the "Apparence" tab of the Ovale configuration?

I have Druid Timer Bars going, but seeing Rake and Rip count down right next to the two move suggestion boxes is really helpful. I am considering adding SR and FF as two extra small buttons next to Rip and Rake.

Edit: what Tbot said wrt to Mangle. It will only suggest it if the bleed debuff is not on the target. If that is not happening then there is an issue with Ovale - but I am pretty sure it is correct. Maybe when I add two more tracking boxes I will put in Mangle instead of FF so you can see it being refreshed by the other feral.

Postby colone » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:25 pm

First thank you Leaf for the great work u did on this script.It's amazing.
I have a question, i've noticed that rake is suggested almost 3 secs before expiring so actually we lose a thick. Is this intended in order to maximize dps?In the little box you added in the latest version rake duration is shown correctly.
Does the same happen with Rip?
Thank you in advance

*edit typo*

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:40 pm

colone wrote:First thank you Leaf for the great work u did on this script.It's amazing.
I have a question, i've noticed that rake is suggested almost 3 secs before expiring so actually we lose a thick. Is this intended in order to maximize dps?In the little box you added in the latest version rake duration is shown correctly.
Does the same happen with Rip?
Thank you in advance

*edit typo*

Mew calculates clipping the last tick of Rake as a dps increase of over 200. at the moment the script does not clip Rip but I will be adding that in as an option. Clipping Rip is about a 30dps increase - I think it is lower because you can't always overwrite it - which is annoying in a rotation and why I will make it selectable. I have the code in mind just not implemented yet.

Exalted

Re: New Feral DPS Ovale Script (Updated for 4.0.1)

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:06 am

Posted version 1.0.5. Hopefully the last one I do for awhile...

It adds a checkbox controlled clipping for Rip (Mew calculates Rip clipping even with the spell overwrite issues) as a net dps gain.

Also added another two small timer boxes - one for SR and the other for Mangle. On a separate checkbox than the ones added in 1.0.4.

==============

Someone asked about my stats in Mew:
Str 105
Haste 773
Exp 106
Agi 2363
Hit 59
Mastery 578
Weapon dps 325.7
Att Power 607
Crit 1127

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:04 am

If you get the new version of Ovale (4.11) and do not see the "Maul" button light up even when you have over 70 rage, make sure to get the 1.0.5 version of the script (which I just edited in place). In previous versions of the script (dating back to tbot's code actually) the code had "spell(Maul)" where it should have had "spell(MAUL)." I guess the most recent version of Ovale is now case sensitive on spell casting. This is a change from the 4.09 version of Ovale.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:36 am

borkin wrote:@ leafkiller

I was using your script last night. There was another feral druid in the raid. I didn't have manglebot checked, I assumed he would keep it up. After a while I noticed he didn't keep it up enough (maybe 70% of the time), but without having manglebot checked I never saw mangle show up on the suggestion (no debuff on boss whatsoever).
So I checked manglebot. At this point it would suggest mangle when mine was expiring even if he had actually mangled and the debuff was on the boss.

So I guess, can you make it suggest mangle without manglebot checked and no corresponding debuff on mob?

Other than that, things are looking good, thanks for this.

Something like this happened to me tonight. In HRS 25 the first part of the fight the script would only suggest mangle until TF came off cool down. Then it would suggest mangle all the time. The script started working again when the transition happened, so I assume this is an ovale issue.

Honored

Postby Goodmongo » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:55 am

Not sure but I thought I saw the script say I should be doing FB's below 25% even when the rip had fallen off. Had to run out as I had an ooze and when I got back the boss was below 25%. I got 5 CP's and FB showed up. I didn't have my timer on last night so I had to look at the boss and it seemed that rip was off. has anyone else experienced this? I was using the latest 1.4 version.

As for the dps for the raid I found the following. I can confirm that single target, especially if stationary, feral cats are doing really high dps. Furry warriors are very close behind us follwed by DK's then ret pallies.

On trash mobs feral cats are way behind furry warriors and DK's and just a tad ahead of ret pallies. Combat rogues suck at all of it.

I also found that you can't pop beserk at the start of fight anymore if you hope to live. Tanks are having issues holding aggro if we open up.

Only ranged were MM hunter and a lock and neither of them were leading any fights. Seems MM hunters are below what they used to be while the lock is doing what he did before the patch.

Postby Achnom » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:01 pm

tbot wrote:
Is there a way in Ovale to show the time remaining on a debuff? Aka have the window display 9 seconds left on rip or something.

Get the addon OmniCC, I think it's probably exactly what you're looking for. I find it to complement Ovale much better than Ovale's numeric display. Much, much better.

Honored

Postby Mihir » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:04 pm

Updated my script with the following:

- smart energy pooling for bigger FBs when possible
- when you're switching to a new target when and got combopoints left on your old target, will suggest savage roar first (since savage roar will automatically use combopoints from any nearby target) (can be disabled by checkbox)
- accounted for bugged rip duration on <25% FBs
- FBs try to use tiger's fury
- cleaned up code

Code: Select all
#Project: Visualising the optimal cat rotation ingame
#Script Version: 3.1
Define(FFF 16857)
    SpellAddTargetDebuff(FFF FFDEBUFF=300)
Define(FF 770)
    SpellAddTargetDebuff(FF FFDEBUFF=300)
Define(FFDEBUFF 91565)
Define(RIP 1079)
    SpellInfo(RIP combo=-5 duration=16)
    SpellInfo(RIP glyph=GLYPHOFSHRED addduration=6)
    SpellAddTargetDebuff(RIP RIP=16)
Define(MANGLE 33876)
    SpellInfo(MANGLE combo=1)
    SpellAddTargetDebuff(MANGLE MANGLE=60)
Define(SHRED 5221)
    SpellInfo(SHRED combo=1)
Define(TIGER 5217)
    SpellInfo(TIGER cd=30)
    SpellInfo(TIGER glyph=GLYPHOFTIGER addcd=-3)
    SpellAddBuff(TIGER TIGER=6)
Define(RAKE 1822)
    SpellInfo(RAKE duration=15)
    SpellAddTargetDebuff(RAKE RAKE=15)
Define(ROAR 52610)
    SpellInfo(ROAR combo=-5)
    SpellAddBuff(ROAR ROAR=22)
Define(BITE 22568)
    SpellInfo(BITE combo=-5 mana=70)
Define(BERSERK 50334)
    SpellInfo(BERSERK duration=15 cd=180)
Define(OMEN 16870)
    SpellInfo(OMEN duration=8)
Define(TRAUMA 46857)
    SpellInfo(TRAUMA duration=60)
Define(MANGLEB 33878)
    SpellInfo(MANGLEB duration=60)
Define(HEMO 16511)
    SpellInfo(HEMO duration=60)
Define(TENDON 50271)
    SpellInfo(TENDON duration=15)
Define(STAMPEDE 81022)
    SpellInfo(STAMPEDE duration=10)
Define(RAVAGE 6785)
    SpellInfo(RAVAGE combo=1)
Define(CHARGE 49376)
    SpellInfo(CHARGE cd=30)
    SpellInfo(CHARGE glyph=GLYPHOFCHARGE addcd=-2)
    SpellAddBuff(CHARGE STAMPEDE=10)

Define(GLYPHOFSHRED 54815)
Define(GLYPHOFTIGER 94390)
Define(GLYPHOFCHARGE 94388)

SpellInfo(RIP resetcounter=ripshreds)
SpellInfo(SHRED inccounter=ripshreds)
AddCheckBox(Manglebot "Manglebot" default)
AddCheckBox(StartRoar "Start with SR if possible" default)

AddIcon help=main
{
if Stance(3) # cat
    {
    if Mana(less 31) Spell(TIGER)
    if ComboPoints(less 1) and CheckBoxOn(StartRoar) Spell(ROAR usable=1)
    if CheckBoxOn(Manglebot) and TargetDebuffExpires (MANGLE 1) Spell(MANGLE)
    unless {TargetDebuffPresent(MANGLE) or TargetDebuffPresent(MANGLEB) or TargetDebuffPresent(TENDON) or TargetDebuffPresent(TRAUMA) or TargetDebuffPresent(HEMO)} Spell(MANGLE)
    if BuffPresent(STAMPEDE) and BuffExpires(STAMPEDE 1) Spell(RAVAGE)
    if TargetLifePercent(less 25) and ComboPoints(more 0) and TargetDebuffPresent(RIP mine=1) and TargetDebuffExpires(RIP 2.1 mine=1) Spell(BITE)
    if TargetLifePercent(less 25) and ComboPoints(more 4) and TargetDebuffPresent(RIP 2.1 mine=1) and {{Mana(more 53) and BuffPresent(BERSERK)} or BuffExpires(TIGER 1) or Mana(more 70) or TargetDebuffExpires(RIP 2.1 mine=1)} Spell(BITE)
    if BuffPresent(OMEN) Spell(Shred)

if BuffPresent(STAMPEDE) and Mana(less 53) unless BuffPresent(TIGER) Spell(SHRED)

if ComboPoints(more 4) and TargetDeadIn(more 6) and TargetDebuffExpires(RIP 2 mine=1) unless BuffPresent(OMEN) unless 1.9s before Spell(TIGER) Spell(RIP)

if TargetDeadIn(more 15) and TargetDebuffExpires(RAKE 3 mine=1) unless 2.9s before Spell(TIGER) Spell(RAKE)

if ComboPoints(more 0) and BuffExpires(ROAR 0) Spell(ROAR)
    if ComboPoints(more 4) and TargetDeadIn(more 9) and TargetDebuffExpires(RIP 12 mine=1) and at most 3s from TargetDebuffExpires(RIP mine=1) until BuffExpires(ROAR) Spell(ROAR)

if ComboPoints(more 4) and TargetDeadIn(less 4) Spell(BITE)
    if ComboPoints(more 3) and TargetDeadIn(less 1) Spell(BITE)

if ComboPoints(more 4) and {Mana(more 70) or {Mana(more 53) and BuffPresent(BERSERK)} or BuffExpires(TIGER 1)} unless TargetDebuffExpires(RIP 10 mine=1) or BuffExpires(ROAR 10) Spell(BITE)
    if {TargetDebuffExpires(RIP 10 mine=1) or BuffExpires(ROAR 10)} and ComboPoints(more 4) and {Mana(more 53) or {Mana(more 36) and BuffPresent(BERSERK)} or BuffExpires(TIGER 1)} unless TargetDebuffExpires(RIP 9 mine=1) or BuffExpires(ROAR 9) Spell(BITE)
    if {TargetDebuffExpires(RIP 9 mine=1) or BuffExpires(ROAR 9)} and ComboPoints(more 4) unless TargetDebuffExpires(RIP 8 mine=1) or BuffExpires(ROAR 8) Spell(BITE)

if TargetLifePercent(more 25) and TargetDebuffPresent(RIP mine=1) and TargetDebuffExpires(RIP 4 mine=1) and Counter(ripshreds less 3) Spell(SHRED)

if BuffPresent(STAMPEDE) and BuffPresent(TIGER) unless BuffPresent(OMEN) Spell(RAVAGE)

if TargetDeadIn(less 15) Spell(SHRED)
    unless TargetDebuffPresent(RIP mine=1) Spell(SHRED)
    }
}

AddIcon help=main size=small nocd=3
{
if Stance(3) # cat
    {
        {
            if {TargetDebuffPresent(MANGLE 0.6) or TargetDebuffPresent(TENDON 0.6) or TargetDebuffPresent(MANGLEB 0.6) or TargetDebuffPresent(TRAUMA 0.6)} and { Mana(more 82) or {{ComboPoints(less 5) or {TargetDebuffPresent(RIP 0.6 mine=1) and TargetDebuffPresent(RAKE 0.6 mine=1)}} and {if Mana(more 70) or {BuffPresent(BERSERK) and Mana(more 35)} or 3s before Spell(TIGER) Spell(SHRED)}} or {ComboPoints(less 1) and {BuffExpires(ROAR 2) or TargetDebuffExpires(RAKE 2 mine=1)}}} Spell(SHRED)
        }
    unless {BuffPresent(BERSERK) or 4s before Spell(TIGER) or Mana(more 32)}
        {
            unless TargetDebuffPresent(FFDEBUFF stacks=3) Spell(FFF priority=2)
        }
    }
}

AddIcon help=cd size=small nocd=3
{
if Stance(3) # cat
    {
        Spell(TIGER)
    }
}

AddIcon help=cd size=small nocd=5
{
if Stance(3) # cat
    {
        unless 15s before Spell(TIGER) Spell(BERSERK)
    }
}

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:12 pm

@Leafkiller, @Mihir,

Love the new scripts; look great, unfortunately haven't had a chance to test them personally. If you guys could do me a favor- start a new thread (individually) and post your scripts as the first post. (I'll sticky them). That way, people don't have to constantly figure out which post on which page of the monster thread has which script, as you can just edit the top post, and it saves me from having to constantly update my links to the latest version.

Honored

Postby Mihir » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:25 pm

Alright, will do that :)

Moved my script to viewtopic.php?f=3&t=63

Previous

Return to Kitty DPS