What to make of this.

Face-rippin fun.

What to make of this.

Postby Tavi » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:25 pm

Tooltip change? Nerf?

Honored

Re: What to make of this.

Postby Floofles » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:32 pm

Essentially the problem was that bears scaled (in the proper sense) more with AP than they should have done, they buffed the base damage so that damage will be roughly the same for people with bad gear but the people with good gear will do less, as they were doing relatively too much.

Not sure about the cat changes, the current version of mew is correct with them all though so what should you make of them? Not much.

Postby Tavi » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:35 pm

I guess I was more concerned with the Cat changes. Reducing the additional damage on mangle and such. If its in MEW then nvm then.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:48 pm

Actually, that cat Mangle change is not in the current Mew (I checked what files have been changed recently).

Quoting what Yawning said when he checked in r652 (which has the latest bear changes in it as covered in the latest PTR patch notes - not what was datamined):
BearModel changes:
* Sync with latest 4.2 PTR patch notes.

Note:
I'm 99% sure the cat stuff that mmo-champion datamined is flat out incorrect.

We will know soon enough as people start playing around on the latest PTR build what the changes really are.

Postby Tavi » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:52 pm

Leafkiller wrote:Actually, that cat Mangle change is not in the current Mew (I checked what files have been changed recently).

Quoting what Yawning said when he checked in r652 (which has the latest bear changes in it as covered in the latest PTR patch notes - not what was datamined):
BearModel changes:
* Sync with latest 4.2 PTR patch notes.

Note:
I'm 99% sure the cat stuff that mmo-champion datamined is flat out incorrect.

We will know soon enough as people start playing around on the latest PTR build what the changes really are.

I sure hope it is. It just seemed counter productive to buff our % damage and then nerf the additional damage.

Postby Suhmon » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:46 pm

I was on the PTR last night once the servers came back up and shred is the same. It's a datamining error.

Postby CaptainCub » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:27 am

Suhmon wrote:It's a datamining error.

Thanks for the heads up
/relieved

Return to Kitty DPS