Register

So, Firelands non-tier drops...

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Revered

So, Firelands non-tier drops...

Postby shinryu » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:57 am

Just kinda wondering, would it be worth breaking the t11 to gear up in non-tier 378 drops from Firelands? Granted, if you're in all say heroic 372 T11 gearing, I would assume not due to the minimal difference in ilvl + set bonus, but if you only have like the 359 t11 4p (which I think the majority of us are in), how would you determine whether to break it for the higher ilvl gear drops until you get t12? I would guess at least you would want to hold onto the 2p until you can get like 2 t12 as well, but yeah...just kinda wondering since Firelands might launch in as little as 2 weeks.

Honored

Re: So, Firelands non-tier drops...

Postby Floofles » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:36 am

Absolutely not, don't break that shit until you have 2 set.

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:59 am

Floo is correct. Individually the peices are better than anything you have right now. But it is the set bonuses that set tier pieces apart. General rule of thumb is not to break a set bonus unless you are getting another set bonus in doing so. Going from H25 ICC gear to Cata greens was a whole diff story. That gear was for 80's compared to 85's. Big difference going from 1 tier to the next as aposed to going from one expansion to the next.
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Revered

Postby shinryu » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:35 am

Mkay I had a feeling it would be not to bother breaking until you have 2p T12; I mean, I knew that's how it was with boomkins, but I was wondering if melee/kitty differed any at all (having played Boom throughout most of wotlk, didn't really know about the other side going into a new raid patch). I guess they only classes that don't follow this rule are tanks and healers, mainly because they value raw improved stats over meager set bonuses that don't really affect their style of play too much.

In a way, I still think it's kinda "sad" that such drops will just end up as maelstrom crystals for the majority of loot, I mean it's almost that the tier bonuses are almost too strong going into a new raid that there's no incentive to collect other loot (besides the obvious weapon/trinket/etc upgrades) and just stockpile VP until you have enough for 2 tier pieces within 3-4 weeks; maybe they should nerf the set bonuses into each new raid patch to make other loot more valuable and worth breaking tier sets to get lol.

Postby Ruan » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:04 pm

I intend to break 4p T11 as soon as I have the slightest excuse to do so, I hate maintaining it in combat that much.

Postby Tavi » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:54 pm

Ruan wrote:I intend to break 4p T11 as soon as I have the slightest excuse to do so, I hate maintaining it in combat that much.

I thought the same thing when I first got it and dropped it for that reason. After posting in the logs thread and getting called out on it I re-equipped it but I reforged to hit and exp cap. So much easier to keep it up and much much easier to track all my bleeds and such. I think there have been several comments on the subject but since there is so much target switching its nice to refresh your stuff as you switch and know its going to land.

Postby Annunaki » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:24 pm

That's kind of a bad excuse. At least for me, it's providing between 600-700 AP, which is the rough-equal (obv. no crit) of 200 agi. That's kind of good, and it's a 30s buff. One Mangle ever 30s is really not that steep of a price to pay, IMHO.

Postby Satrion » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:57 pm

Annunaki wrote: One Mangle ever 30s is really not that steep of a price to pay, IMHO.

You're right, it isn't that bad under normal circumstances. The thing I get annoyed with is all the times I avoid shifting because I don't want to drop my stack. Getting the slow on Nezir's platform or a lingering slow after getting an MC in heroic Nef. I would love to powershift out of it but I don't because it isn't worth dropping my stack. It also makes me hesitant to pop out for Brezs and Tranqs. I know it's powerful and it usually isn't THAT hard to keep up, but I'm still going to be very happy when I don't have to deal with it any more.

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:38 pm

Satrion wrote:
Annunaki wrote: One Mangle ever 30s is really not that steep of a price to pay, IMHO.

You're right, it isn't that bad under normal circumstances. The thing I get annoyed with is all the times I avoid shifting because I don't want to drop my stack. Getting the slow on Nezir's platform or a lingering slow after getting an MC in heroic Nef. I would love to powershift out of it but I don't because it isn't worth dropping my stack. It also makes me hesitant to pop out for Brezs and Tranqs. I know it's powerful and it usually isn't THAT hard to keep up, but I'm still going to be very happy when I don't have to deal with it any more.

If you are slowed try
Feral Swiftness Rank 2

Requires Cat Form
Increases your movement speed by 30% in Cat Form and increases your chance to dodge while in Cat Form or Bear Form by 4%.

In addition, your Dash and Stampeding Roar have a 100% chance to remove all movement impairing effects from affected targets when used.
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Return to Kitty DPS