Register

Skardyn's Grace

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Skardyn's Grace

Postby BigTwoHorns » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:37 pm

I haven't seen much talk on TFD about this trinket as I am sure that UW and FD are much better but for my ilvl is there another trinket out there that would give me a good DPS boost and go well with SG without having to shell out the cash for the 359 pieces?
A GOOD PLAN VIOLENTLY EXECUTED NOW IS BETTER THAN A PERFECT PLAN EXECUTED NEXT WEEK.
GEORGE S. PATTON

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/akama/bigtwohorns/simple

Re: Skardyn's Grace

Postby Arthaei » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:42 pm

You really need to get your hands on Fluid Death, excellent for both dps and tanking, and reforge the hit on it to mastery for dps. It'll be a great combination with Tia's for your gear level. And both trinkets are BiS for tanking avoidance especially in 5mans. If you can farm some gold, picking up Unheeded Warning from the ah would be good if you want to spend your points on more 359's first. I would also highly recommend replacing your Savage Roar glyph with Glyph of Rip.
"Many druids died to bring us this information"

Honored

Postby BigTwoHorns » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:30 pm

Oh the glyphs, that is my bane ATM. Akamas AH is outrageous and Glyphs are insanely priced. I appreciate the advice, seeming as Tia's Grace seems to be preferred by most at my current ilvl I'll stick with what I have now and work on those Valors. On a side note, after testing the trink last night I was able to get 12.5k DPS on the dummies in Org when popping SG with TF before Rip. I was pulling a weak 7.5k on Lord Cannon in TH (My practice dummy) and realized he died before getting around to it a second time so the two trinks worked well together. Thanks Again.
A GOOD PLAN VIOLENTLY EXECUTED NOW IS BETTER THAN A PERFECT PLAN EXECUTED NEXT WEEK.
GEORGE S. PATTON

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:39 pm

For your glyphs get some mats and have an inscriber make them for you. If you start with the cata ink (Blackfallow Ink), you can trade it one for one for the other inks. All glyphs take three inks and all can be made starting with Blackfallow Ink (the parchment varies, but it is one parchment per glyph.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:44 am

Yeah, heck if you're in a nice enough guild, you might be able to bargain with your guildies for other stuff/favors in exchange for the glyphs. That or just pay attention everyday, I know my AH has its shares of dumb jerks who sell their 200-300g glyphs to idiots, but occasionally there will be someone who'll come along and undercut severely; that's how I got most of my rogue's glyphs actually. And instead of Cata herbs if they're overpriced on your AH, do a bit of research and see what inks are needed for what glyphs and such, might be able to grab a stack of them old herbs and have the inscriber mill them for you as well.

But yeah, grab FD for now, in 2-3 weeks the patch should drop and all the old t11 stuff will be available for JP, so stockpile JP till you're at the cap and get ready for it. But in the meantime, may as well splurge now and get one of the top 4 trinkets out there.

Honored

Postby BigTwoHorns » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:58 am

I finally got Glyph of Rip last night. Side note: I was in ZG last night for the first time, got to Zanzil and everything was going well. My DPS according to Recount was around 10k through most of the instance and was in limbo between 2nd and 3rd on DPS. I believe the biggest impact to my DPS was using SG with TF before Rip. Can't wait to start getting the 353 gear though Zanzil doesn't seem to drop any feral gear according to Wowhead. Another situation came up that I will post in another thread. Shin, I know of FD and UW of course but what are the other two trinkets?
GEORGE S. PATTON

Postby Mitty » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:10 am

stockpile JP till you're at the cap and get ready for it.

Just a word of caution, Valor Points will be converted to Justice Points and added to your current total of Justice Points as I understand. If the conversion puts you over the 4000 Justice Point limit, the excess will be converted to gold. So, just make sure Valor Points + Justice Points < 4000.

Honored

Postby BigTwoHorns » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:19 am

So will the price drop for FD when converted to JPs or will it be the same amount as VPs were? Anyone know yet?
GEORGE S. PATTON

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:07 am

All items will cost the same as they did before the patch. They will just cost justice points now.

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:54 am

16K VP about to get converted to silver since i am at JP cap. People should really be trying to get as many JP/VP they can right now. At 4.2 you can have capped JP and extra gold to buy a couple things on AH.
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Postby Cuer » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:14 pm

It depends on your realm's economy. For a lot of realms, you'll make far more money by spending the VP right now on one of the BoE boots and selling those on the AH, than you will from the small gold conversion over the cap once 4.2 hits.

Personally, I'm not running dungeons right now, because I know that I'll want/need to do so for a number of months after 4.2 hits, to get VP once it can be used to buy 378 items. That's enough grinding for me. ;)

Honored

Postby BigTwoHorns » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:55 pm

Well let me ask you all this, with my ilvl now should I keep working towards getting the T11 set or just piece together what I can from crafting my 359 Chest and Belt and what not before 4.2 and work towards the T12 then? Do I need the T11 set before getting to T12? I am slightly ignorant towards T sets since I started WoW just after Wrath came out and haven't researched it much.
GEORGE S. PATTON

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:01 pm

Do both:) The VP you spend on T11 now are going to disapear if you dont spend them. The T12 will cost valor but you will start back at 0. So no reason to hold on to them. What you don't get before 4.2 drops you can use JP to get afterwards.
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Honored

Postby BigTwoHorns » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:06 pm

Awesome, I'll take that. Thanks Syl. :D
GEORGE S. PATTON

Return to Kitty DPS