Register

Anyone used TidyBars / ThreatPlates?

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Anyone used TidyBars / ThreatPlates?

Postby Grenache » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:55 pm

I downloaded Tidybars a few days ago (mainly for tanking) as it adjusts your V bars to show threat on each mob, but I ended up downloading the Threat Plates mod also. When DPS'ing, there's a continually updating widget which shows above each health bar when you're about to pull aggro on any of the mobs in an AOE pack. I figure that it might stop me dying (though usually the dps DKs and Warriors die before me thanks to Barkskin and Survival Instincts).

Just curious to know if anyone has found this mod handy for their dps at all? I'm hoping I can get rid of Omen if this works properly.

I had to play with the Bar alpha because the plates were way too bright and I found they obscured the hitboxes sometimes, but I am getting used to them now. Mobs not in combat with you have a thin green border around their red plate, which is handy for when you have a ranged nuking you and you don't know which one it is. Interesting mod - praying it doesn't bog my machine down too much.

Site Admin

Re: Anyone used TidyBars / ThreatPlates?

Postby Alaron » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:23 pm

I've used it for a long time; it's a great mod. I generally don't have much worries about threat, though, except occasionally on Raging Spirits (we have good tanks). We're just starting ICC HM, so we'll see how that changes.

Honored

Postby Mihir » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:06 am

Been using it for a while as well now, great for both dps and tanking. 1 change i made to the default settings: i made the color of the plates reflect the threat as well, so now big red = aggro, small green is no aggro, medium yellow is close to getting aggro.

Postby Blufyre » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:29 pm

I use the ThreatPlates theme for tankin and a slightly recoloured version of neon (that is now included with TidyPlates) for Cat DPS. The DPS version of neon is nice because the plates are transparent until you draw aggro, at which point they change colour and go solid. When tankin I just love that when some muppet blows his CDs too early and I lose a mob or two, I know exactly which mob and can deal with it immediately (if am feeling kind :)).

I love the addon - now I have it I'd be pushed to play without it again...

Postby Captain Fizz » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:21 am

But ofc! Love this addon.
Have played with the settings a bit so highlighted mob is clearer, the lost aggro is bigger whilst ones I have aggro on are smaller / more transparent.

Love this addon for large trash packs etc. Works best if solo-tank, but still helps when there's a couple of tanks on mobs.

As DPS I still use it - So I know whether to stay in kitty after pulling a stray mob, or go bear after pulling 3 mobs ^^

Return to Kitty DPS