Register

Leafkiller's 4.2 Feral Ovale Script

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Re: Leafkiller's 4.2 Feral Ovale Script

Postby BoldTM » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:25 pm

I am trying to understand the script a bit more in detail. I will start with Spell(FEROCIOUSBITE)

This code snippet is perhaps a bit blunt?
Code: Select all

if BuffExpires(BERSERK 0) or Mana(less 25) {
         if ComboPoints(more 4) and TargetDebuffPresent(RIP 14 mine=1) and BuffPresent(SAVAGEROAR 10) {
            Spell(FEROCIOUSBITE)
         }
      }

My questions are
1: We only do this with energy less then 25? We will not be able to cast it since it cost 25 energy but with 60 energy it does 100% more damage?

2: Second if statement indicates that when we have 5 CP and RIP have more then 14 seconds and Savage Roar 10 we should do FB. As i read it we safe guard our prio debuff/buff so we have larer uptime. But should it not also be the other way around? And it that not a better check to do? Since we want to RIP at 5 CP but Savage Roar is ok with less CP?
So is not this a better way to handle it?

if BuffExpires(BERSERK 0) or Mana(less 25) {
         if ComboPoints(more 4) and TargetDebuffPresent(RIP 10 mine=1) and BuffPresent(SAVAGEROAR 14) {
            Spell(FEROCIOUSBITE)
         }
         if ComboPoints(more 4) and TargetDebuffPresent(RIP 14 mine=1) and BuffPresent(SAVAGEROAR 10) {
            Spell(FEROCIOUSBITE)
         }
      }

Since we only need to safe guard the RIP(in this case we expect to get 5 CP 10 seconds after FB and then we have 4 seconds to get 1 or more CP for Savage roar?

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:40 pm

1) If Berserk is up, then the 25 mana is called into play. If Berserk is not up, then the 25 mana limitation is ignored. We do not want to do a FB for more than 25 energy during Berserk. This is based on Mew sim results.

2) The 14 seconds on Rip/10 seconds on SR is empirical - it was measured in Mew.

You are welcome to check out your proposed changes in Mew, and if they do result in higher dps, I will change both my script and also the default Mew script. I encourage everyone to participate in improving our rotation.

Postby Antioch » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:34 am

As i have been concentrating a lot on pvp lately, i was wondering would it be possible to modify the ovale script to only show faeire fire, mangle, rake and rip. No Tf or savage roar.
I'm sure this is only a question of taking out some of the lines in the script but im a little unsure of how to go about this.
Also i wanted to know if it would be possible to add a line for Infected Wounds to show when it is going to run out or needs to be refreshed.
I of course wouldn't expect a complete rewrite just for these little modifications but any tips on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated and i guess could help out the more pvp inclined amongst us.

Revered

Postby Jeshu » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:52 am

Antioch wrote:As i have been concentrating a lot on pvp lately, i was wondering would it be possible to modify the ovale script to only show faeire fire, mangle, rake and rip. No Tf or savage roar.
I'm sure this is only a question of taking out some of the lines in the script but im a little unsure of how to go about this.
Also i wanted to know if it would be possible to add a line for Infected Wounds to show when it is going to run out or needs to be refreshed.
I of course wouldn't expect a complete rewrite just for these little modifications but any tips on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated and i guess could help out the more pvp inclined amongst us.

Just use any addon that tracks timers. Popular ones are DroodFocus, BadKitty and TellMeWhen. There's no need to bloat the Ovale script with more stuff that can easily be done better by other addons.

Postby Antioch » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:27 pm

Ty for the advice, but i already use tellmewhen to track my debuffs for pvp.
The main reason i want to modify ovale is to remove the need for extra addons when one can do the job on its own. Personally i like how ovale looks and would like to make it work for me.

If anyone can aim me towards some advice for modifying the script as i asked i would appreciate it. In case it was missed i mostly want to remove things from the current script, not bloat it.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:55 pm

I'm not quite getting why you're so interested in reworking Ovale...as LK's script is aimed at providing a rotation for pve, whereas it sounds like you want to try dumbing it down for pvp, which doesn't really work since pvp has no set rotation going for it...Ovale won't show you like the timers for rake/rip on the target, which you generally need to know actively in pvp I'd think, instead of just reapplying it when a script tells you to.

Postby Mykeela » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:47 am

Hello Leaf;

I have your current Ovale Script and I found a problem with it, whenever I feral Charge I get input lag (like it freezes for .5 secs) then whenever I do Ravage! I get again input lag (around 1 sec)

I don't know if its me or this addon/script. but I was going through all my addons disabling/enabling them and after disabling Ovale I dont get this annoying input lag.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:24 am

I can't imagine anything in the script that would be sensitive to feral charges.

I have noticed that Ovale is sensitive to lag - and which is true of addons that react to combat events in real time (if I recall right, they are hooking into a timer that is runs them during screen refreshes). It is conceivable that if you have lag issues, that you are experiencing a brief period of lower fps on a feral charge since you are moving across an area and the client has to catch up with your new surroundings, and the lower fps rate will slow down Ovale's refresh rate.

Postby Cuer » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:34 am

I have noticed this same sort of freeze up, from the same activities: using Feral Charge, and then the Ravage! attack. It's something either with the script or innate to Ovale itself, I'm not sure which.

I have the left-hand boxes turned off, and those are briefly displayed during this freeze up, and then go away once the client is unfrozen. I don't know if maybe there's something related to those not being displayed, which makes the script/addon have issues when you are doing a Feral Charge.

Postby BoldTM » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:13 am

Regarding the charging in and ravage. When i tested it i notice that sometimes Ovale is showing Ravage as if it is not usable, greyd out altough it actually is usable. Dont know why but it happens now and then and perhaps that is related. But that is a Ovale bug i think.

On another note i cant get the Cower functionality to work. I have tried it alot and it does not show Cower for me. i have set the values to equal to 100, more then 90, more then 10 and i still not get the Cower to show. Have you experienced this or is it only me?

Br

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:04 pm

I am not sure on the Cower code - it came from Aelfin's script and I have never tested it. Personally, I rely on Omen. It is something I will need to research.

On Ravage, Ovale greys it out if it is below 60 energy. It may be because I am calling for Ravage and not Ravage!. I will test for that and see if I can fix it. Up to now, I have been ignoring it, and casting it when I wanted to, grey or not. It may still be an issue - depends on whether or not Ovale recognizes when it needs less energy.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:15 pm

Switching to Ravage! did not fix the greying issue. Ovale does not know how what it's energy cost is. I can probably work around it by using a texture and testing for talents - or I might be able to define the energy cost myself.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:25 pm

The Cower code looks correct. Keep in mind it is set to only show cower if you actually have aggro. What are you trying to do?

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:13 pm

Ok - I was able to work around the Ravage! being greyed out issue by using a texture. I also looked more carefully at what happens when you hit the Ravage! and I noted that the Stampede buff does not fall off immediately which is why the script continues to recommend Ravage!. It must be a round trip issue with the client waiting to hear from the server before clearing it. Fortunately it is still within the GCD and hitting the Ravage button a second time will not do anything.

I also opened a ticket on Ovale asking to have it recognize that Ravage! has a zero mana cost. I am not aware of any easy way to deal with the Ravage! delay other than just being aware of it. I will post the new script momentarily.

This is version 4.2.12 and also has some bear changes I made (and have been using). The changes are:

# 4.2.12 08/11/2011 - Use a texture for Ravage since Ovale can't tell it needs zero energy
# 4.2.11 08/07/2011 - Add pulverize tracking and Bear options for far right boxes (also change maul rage to 45)

Postby BoldTM » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:13 pm

Regarding Cower, will it is the Threat() function that does not work as i see it.

Change it to
if Threat(more 95 target=target) Spell(COWER)

The issue is that the underlying WoW API needs what unit to check towards, normally the Ovale functions defaults to target if targer is not set but it does not seem to work for the Threat() function. I have tested the code changed and i get the cower to show. Also you dont need to check if the target is targetting you since in that case it is already to late by then. 100 means that you are tanking it, it also changes based on if you are in melee ranged or not. As far as i can see in the code. So the "more 95" says more or less that you are very close to get aggro while equal to 100 means that you are currently tanking the boss/mob.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:01 pm

BoldTM wrote:Regarding Cower, will it is the Threat() function that does not work as i see it.

Change it to
if Threat(more 95 target=target) Spell(COWER)

The issue is that the underlying WoW API needs what unit to check towards, normally the Ovale functions defaults to target if targer is not set but it does not seem to work for the Threat() function. I have tested the code changed and i get the cower to show. Also you dont need to check if the target is targetting you since in that case it is already to late by then. 100 means that you are tanking it, it also changes based on if you are in melee ranged or not. As far as i can see in the code. So the "more 95" says more or less that you are very close to get aggro while equal to 100 means that you are currently tanking the boss/mob.

As I said before, I did not write the code - but I did note what you mention when I looked at it earlier, that it was only calling for a cower when you already had aggro and it was doing so redundantly (as in the second check was not needed). I did not change the code yet because I want to get more feedback from people on what they would like here.

My concern with threat percentages is that they do not scale with threat as the fight progresses. If the tank has 3 million threat, then 95% puts you 150k behind, and 450k from pulling off. If the tank only has 300k threat then you are only 15k behind and 45k from pulling. These are two very different situations. So, I can set the threat limit to 95%, but it may obscure the ability to see if you are in FC range at a time where you are not worried about pulling off the tank (late in the fight with high threat levels).

One solution would be to only display Cower if you are in melee range and threat is above 95. This way you would know to feral charge and then it would immediately let you know you need to cower. It will not help you if you are above 110% of the tank, but likely you would already have pulled if that was the case.

Postby BoldTM » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:21 am

Yes, that is true its 95% of the total threat so it is small difference in the start of the fight and much more in the end. But it is just the start before the tank get vengeance that you have comparable threat creation with the tank.

It is just a question when do you think it is more likely to pull aggro, at the start or after.

Postby Cuer » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:31 am

The updated script is looking good for bears. One request: for all the bear cooldown boxes, is it possible to add a "No Cooldown" option like the cat ones have?

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:27 am

Leaf while making the cover script would be nifty, but only the way you explained.

Howerver would it be possible to add cover button as option to show it when you are above 90% of threat? That wouldnt require any testing I assume and is fast to write (I hope so, my coding exp is null).
I'm coming into this becouse of stupid majordomo heroic, where stupid little cats can own you for no reason if you are above 90% threat of domo... but maybe they will fix this mechanic soon, hopefully.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:24 pm

I will just make it 90%. By only showing it when you are in melee range it will not interfere with feral charge (since that no longer happens in melee range) and since it is not displaying in the main rotation window, it is a personal choice whether or not to cower.

I will try to get that change along with the bear change later today.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:34 pm

4.2.13 is now posted: Add no cooldown options to bear cooldowns and fix the cower code

It is also tested. Cower is set to a 90% threshold and only shows when you are in range to cast it.

Postby our2 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:08 pm

Hello,

Not sure if this correct place to post this but having issue where ovale is showing my rip with a numeric display of 6 but it's keybinded to 3 not sure what is up there.

Postby our2 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:32 pm

Sorry probably could use more detail...

Using bartender4 and numeric display for rip won't show up correctly if keybinded to 4 (displays 6) but works on other numbers so just changed it not huge deal, thanks. Now to retrain brain omg!

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:40 pm

When I use macros, Ovale does not seem to understand the proper key bindings. I think it also may remember old settings at times. All of that is out of my control - all my script does is make suggestions. Also, there are some places I am using "Textures" (images) rather than suggesting spells, and in those cases, no key bind will ever be suggested (I am doing that for Ravage! now since Ovale does not understand when it costs 0 energy).

Honored

Postby Kihrawr » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:10 pm

I realize that target dummy tests are difficult to rely on as meaningful data, but I have done enough 5 minute runs (about 25 of them now) to notice a consistent pattern emerge when I use this script. When I compare with the equivalent Mew results, I find that the # of abilities I use in a 5 minute run lines up very nicely with the exception of Shred. It seems that I consistently have about 10% fewer Shreds than what Mew expects when I use this script, and I'm trying to figure out why. This means that my DPS is consistently coming in a bit lower than what Mew expects when self-buffed.

I'm wondering if the script is a bit conservative regarding its use of Shred when compared with what Mew expects? For reference, I am Hit/Exp capped, and at times it feels like the script is having me hold back Shreds when I could have done them and still been able to reliably refresh Rip/Rake.

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS