Register

Need help?

Face-rippin fun.
Exalted

Re: Need help?

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:06 pm

Willféral wrote:Thanks.. maybe its not me then maybe its my Recount

The rings.. HAHA funny story.. they havent ever dropped ever.. i keep waiting.

The hit vs ARP. Im already below the hit cap at 229. Would it be advisable to drop even further below the hit cap but dropping the hit and putting ArP? Really?

Will

P.S.. thanks for looking at me and offering suggestions

Oakes and Dabeasty make some good points. I would stress 2 of Dabeasty's again. 1. Don't FB if it will cost you rip or rake up time. 2. Don't use Ravage at all. The 60 energy cost prevents you from doing mangle right away and puts you in an energy hole to start your rotation.

For your hit question, until you hit the crit cap (77.8% on your character sheet fully buffed) and the hard arp cap (1400) losing some hit isn't that big a deal.

I have some additional tips that might help.
1. Drop Mongoose enchant. After the recent nerf (see Alaron's post) Mongoose just doesn't cut it anymore for us druids. If you find yourself doing mostly ICC runs you can use the +140ap to undead. Everything in ICC save gunship is undead and this will give you the most bank for your buck. Other enchants that are better then Mongoose include Berserking, and Black Magic in that order (both are with in 15dps of each other).
2. I would suggest you open your rotation like this: Mangle, SR, Rake, TF, Berzerk, then follow the normal procedure of getting 5 point rip, keep Rake up, keep SR up... (Follow ovale...). This may sound kind of odd becuse "You should use Berserk only when you can shred for duration" has been thrown out a lot. I did it for a long time myself. What I found though is that getting rip up as soon as you can to keep the uptime as high as you can is better. This also prevents a lot of down time at the start while having to wait to pool energy after blowing it all in your openers.
3. Something else I have noticed about the Ovale script is that while you are in Berserk it won't tell you to refresh SR. This can cause you to be out of combo points when Berserk finishes just in time for SR to end. So just keep an eye out, and refresh a little early.
Hope this helps some. Let me know if you have further questions.

Honored

Postby Andanas » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:01 pm

""1. Drop Mongoose enchant. After the recent nerf (see Alaron's post) Mongoose just doesn't cut it anymore for us druids. If you find yourself doing mostly ICC runs you can use the +140ap to undead. Everything in ICC save gunship is undead and this will give you the most bank for your buck. Other enchants that are better then Mongoose include Berserking, and Black Magic in that order (both are with in 15dps of each other).""

0 I have comment/question about this. Using the profile editor on Wowhead, I tried the various weapon enchants, to see how they compare against each other using simcraft. The difference between what I'm using now (Berserk), and the others were minuscule. There also seemed to be no dps loss when using the +140 to undead on non-undead target. Is this an issue with simcraft?

Postby Hyperspace » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:13 am

Thx for the reply Tinder! :D

Postby humbah » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:08 am

Hey!!

Im quite new on the kitty dps but i have a few questions about ovale.

1) It seems like there is alot of waiting in the rotations, like the main rotation box is red and counting down and it suggests a shred and i see that shred is off cooldown but its still counting down until i have about 80 energy and then it suggests a shred..

2) So should i wait and always follow the timers in ovale?

3) Sometimes the square is not red and counting its grey and not counting what does that mean?

4) And is there someway to change the color so u can see better whats coming next sometimes it so hard to see?

Thx for the help

Humbah noob kitty

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:53 pm

1) It seems like there is alot of waiting in the rotations, like the main rotation box is red and counting down and it suggests a shred and i see that shred is off cooldown but its still counting down until i have about 80 energy and then it suggests a shred..
This is a function of the script. One of the things most new ferals don't think about is having enough energy at the right times. If you always shread when every you have the energy, you won't have enough to refresh rake when it droppes off, or hit mangle when the debuff almost falls off. The script knows when you you are going to need to do several moves in a row to keep all of your dots/buffs/debuffs up and it does this by helping you save up some energy (usually called pooling energy).

2) So should i wait and always follow the timers in ovale?
For the time being yes. The feral priority list is very complicated, and until you become comfortable doing it, its good to have a primer. As you become more comfortable with following the suggestions you will begin to get a feel for how everything works and you will know better when to do something other then what is suggested.

3) Sometimes the square is not red and counting its grey and not counting what does that mean?
This means that the move it is suggesting should be used now, but you don't have enough energy to use it. This is were energy pooling comes in to play. It's your best tool to prevent this from happening to often.

4) And is there someway to change the color so u can see better whats coming next sometimes it so hard to see?
I am not sure here. What is making it hard to see? Can you take a screen shot of what you mean?

Hope that helps. Write back if you have any more questions.

Postby humbah » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:45 am

Thx Tinderhoof for the answer it really helped me alot with my small wonderings. :)

I mean when the script is counting in the main rotation box it is red for me, i have kinda hard to see whats behind it or whats coming next to simplifie it.

Dont know if anybody else had issuses with that or just me, that im not used to it.

Cincerly

Humbah noob kitty

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:15 pm

I don't really have much trouble seeing it myself. Some of that may be because I am used to expecting whats coming next. Something that might help you that I do is get some timers. I track the Mangle Debuff, Rip, Rake, and SR. Knowing what is about to need some love will begin to help you anticipate what you will need to do next. Also were are you putting the Ovale addon on your screen? I put it just under my character on the screen. This means I don't have to keep looking in two different places to see what I am doing. Hope that helps a little.
-Tinder

Previous

Return to Kitty DPS