Register

Ranseurs Polearm

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Ranseurs Polearm

Postby Fenix » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:14 pm

Why is this ranked below the flamescythe?
its got top end weapon damage

Exalted

Re: Ranseurs Polearm

Postby Konungr » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:16 pm

Feral's have a Swing Speed of 1, which means Low-Top End damage does not matter, only the Average DPS (The number in Parenthesis) does. Fandral and Ranseur have the same Weapon DPS, therefore the weapon with better stats (Fandrals - Mastery/Crit) is supreme. Plus Fandral's has a Feral Kitty Specific special side-bonus form.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:23 pm

When compared side by side Fandral's staff is the better choice. Something to think about though depending on your level of expected progression. Having the Ranseur polearm isn't a bad idea. If you are going to be doing heroics in the future you will be able to upgrade it with a Crystalized Firestone to a 391 weapon. This will likely be more accessable then the 391 off Staghelm himself at first.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:41 pm

Kinda odd, I though there was some math out there showing Ranseur was like a 40 DPS gain over the Flamescythe...very insignificant, but still.

Though regardless, unless you really don't want fire cat form that comes with the Flamescythe...sure Ranseur might be easier to upgrade, but fire cat form...

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:48 pm

shinryu wrote:Kinda odd, I though there was some math out there showing Ranseur was like a 40 DPS gain over the Flamescythe...very insignificant, but still.

Though regardless, unless you really don't want fire cat form that comes with the Flamescythe...sure Ranseur might be easier to upgrade, but fire cat form...

That was my math and was done when I was still using the Patchwerk fight script for all my testing and Haste was on top. Since I have done non-patchwerk fight scenarios, various Atramedes scripts, thanks to Alaron, I have switched my main focus to Hit/Exp > Mastery > Crit > Haste since it works well for all fight types, not just patchwerk or target switches/AoE/etc. As such, Haste becomes less valuable and Fandral's takes the spotlight once again.

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:41 pm

Konungr wrote:
shinryu wrote:Kinda odd, I though there was some math out there showing Ranseur was like a 40 DPS gain over the Flamescythe...very insignificant, but still.

That was my math and was done when I was still using the Patchwerk fight script for all my testing and Haste was on top. Since I have done non-patchwerk fight scenarios, various Atramedes scripts, thanks to Alaron, I have switched my main focus to Hit/Exp > Mastery > Crit > Haste since it works well for all fight types, not just patchwerk or target switches/AoE/etc. As such, Haste becomes less valuable and Fandral's takes the spotlight once again.

I kind of figured this on my own (anytime you're away from the boss, like half your haste is wasted so it wouldn't take much to push it below the other stats given how close our stats are), but its great that someone actually did the data to back it up.

Postby Larc » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:58 am

ShmooDude wrote:
Konungr wrote:That was my math and was done when I was still using the Patchwerk fight script for all my testing and Haste was on top. Since I have done non-patchwerk fight scenarios, various Atramedes scripts, thanks to Alaron, I have switched my main focus to Hit/Exp > Mastery > Crit > Haste since it works well for all fight types, not just patchwerk or target switches/AoE/etc. As such, Haste becomes less valuable and Fandral's takes the spotlight once again.

I kind of figured this on my own (anytime you're away from the boss, like half your haste is wasted so it wouldn't take much to push it below the other stats given how close our stats are), but its great that someone actually did the data to back it up.

I can't argue the maths on this, but I am curious about the logic. Half of your haste is wasted when you're not on a boss, but all of your hit/exp and crit are wasted when you're not hitting the boss. Am I missing something?

When the time comes, stats be damned. I'm going FIRE KITTEH! But I would like to know for all my other gear.

Honored

Postby Morghan » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:25 am

In my mind Ranseur's Polearm is Hunter bait to keep them from my fire kitteh staff :D

Postby Ruan » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:21 pm

It turns you into a fire cat.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:41 pm

Larc wrote:I can't argue the maths on this, but I am curious about the logic. Half of your haste is wasted when you're not on a boss, but all of your hit/exp and crit are wasted when you're not hitting the boss. Am I missing something?

When you are off the boss your white attacks are not hitting thus wasiting half your haste (if you energy cap you are wasting more haste).

When you have to go off the boss for any time making sure to have both Rip and Rake refreshed as late as possible. Hit/Exp become more valuable because more of your attacks hit in the short amount of time you get on the boss. If you have to switch targets often, nothing sucks so bad as to try and refresh rake and have it miss 3 times then be forced to swap with no bleeds up.

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:47 pm

Ruan wrote:It turns you into a fire cat.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This. This right here consumes my every raiding moment. I must have it. It is my heroin.
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:28 am

Sylvaneart wrote:

This. This right here consumes my every raiding moment. I must have it. It is my heroin.

And Gratz Sylvaneart on YOUR Fire Cat!

Revered

Postby shinryu » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:31 am

Sylvaneart wrote:

Heroin, crack, speed, and weed all rolled up in a catnip ball for me.

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:14 am

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!
I AM FIRECAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks to all the well wishers on Twitter and here.
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Postby Fonia » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:08 am

Yea got mine Wednesday too. We haven't quite got him on 25 yet, but this was our third 10man kill. I had to heal for it and our other feral was there too. Tank died at like 5%, I instantly brezzed and then started pumping regrowth into the feral who had instantly went bear and taunted until the do could Rez and grab it back to finish the fight. Very satisfying kill, and since neither of us could claim it based on superior hero moment we rolled and I won :). Still elated 2 days later. This is the reason I'm still playing. Had literally cancelled my acct in April, then instantly re-upped when I heard about firecat.

Postby Fonia » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:10 am

shinryu wrote:
Sylvaneart wrote:

Heroin, crack, speed, and weed all rolled up in a catnip ball for me.

And so much more.

Postby Tavi » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:09 pm

3 Kills and no staff. In fact on my server, crappy tho it is, only 1 has dropped.

For a hunter.

Makes me sad.

Postby Aurea » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:42 pm

due to the requirement for a pallytank on domo hero, one of our drops went to waste... (ie a hunter) while the other one makes me a very happy FIRECAT.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:08 pm

I just wish we could get by freaking Alysrazor so we can start tries on him...something about huntards and mages dying during tornado along with not enough dps on her in general :(

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:18 pm

shinryu wrote:I just wish we could get by freaking Alysrazor so we can start tries on him...something about huntards and mages dying during tornado along with not enough dps on her in general :(

Make anyone who dies during the tornado phase watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEeO9i2rx0I

The tornado phase is all about pretending to be a junk yard dog and chasing things.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:32 pm

Leafkiller wrote:
shinryu wrote:I just wish we could get by freaking Alysrazor so we can start tries on him...something about huntards and mages dying during tornado along with not enough dps on her in general :(

Make anyone who dies during the tornado phase watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEeO9i2rx0I

The tornado phase is all about pretending to be a junk yard dog and chasing things.

Incidentally, that's what I do during the tornadoes lol, though I hang out near the outer edge personally.

Funny enough, we did get Alysrazor last night, conveniently the hunter that kept dying to them didn't show so a Lock was able to do it just fine XD

Postby Fenix » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:55 am

weapon damage doesnt matter?
wtf is unheeded warning for

Postby Kojo » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:58 am

Fenix wrote:weapon damage doesnt matter?
wtf is unheeded warning for

Weapon min-max damage doesn't matter. Weapons average dps matters a great deal.

That number in parentheses under your weapon stats is what your shred and other weapon based attacks rely on, unheeded proc is a massive buff to that.

Postby Fenix » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:32 am

i see, i was confused that the weapon damage stat which is our highest upgrade...would be our weapon damage on the item but i guess its the weapon damage that increases your weapon dps that scales with our abilities?

Postby Ruan » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:47 pm

Leafkiller wrote:

Making a video is a lot of effort, I made this GIF for my guild.

(WTB spoiler tags for large images)

Next

Return to Kitty DPS