Register

Tiger's Fury

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Tiger's Fury

Postby Flea » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:40 am

This question may be a little silly, but it's the one thing about this new patch that I'm having a hard time getting used to. I've played with the Tiger's Fury glyph since the day I gained a third glyph slot, so I've always known to use TF before Rip. Now that I've switched to Glyph of Berserk, that is obviously no longer possible, and I'm a little confused about when exactly I'm supposed to be using TF. Do I use it as soon as it's off CD, even if it's only going to be buffing a few shreds/maybe an FB? Is it worth clipping a bleed (specifically Rip) by more than just a couple seconds if I'm replacing the current one with one empowered by TF? Conversely, is it worth letting Rip (but not Rake) fall off long enough to hit Tiger's Fury? (I'm pretty sure that isn't the case, but yea.)

I know I need to cast TF with Berserk, but other than that I'm kind of at a loss.

Exalted

Re: Tiger's Fury

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:35 pm

Flea wrote:This question may be a little silly, but it's the one thing about this new patch that I'm having a hard time getting used to. I've played with the Tiger's Fury glyph since the day I gained a third glyph slot, so I've always known to use TF before Rip. Now that I've switched to Glyph of Berserk, that is obviously no longer possible, and I'm a little confused about when exactly I'm supposed to be using TF. Do I use it as soon as it's off CD, even if it's only going to be buffing a few shreds/maybe an FB? Is it worth clipping a bleed (specifically Rip) by more than just a couple seconds if I'm replacing the current one with one empowered by TF? Conversely, is it worth letting Rip (but not Rake) fall off long enough to hit Tiger's Fury? (I'm pretty sure that isn't the case, but yea.)

I know I need to cast TF with Berserk, but other than that I'm kind of at a loss.

Hi Flea.

TF not only gives you the damage bonus but gives energy back. You should be trying to use it on cooldown as long as you arn't going to cap your energy. If you have Primal Madness it makes it a little easier. Just keep an eye out for when TF is about to come off cooldown and shred your energy down, punch it and go back to messin' folks up.
You really shouldn't delay any of your bleeds to wait for TF. Don't get me wrong it's really cool to be able to TF a Rip and Rake, but you will lose more damage if you let bleeds drop off for more then 1 tick to wait for TF to come back up. Remember Rip takes 2 seconds after the application to do any damage.

Re: Tiger's Fury

Postby Flea » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:01 pm

Thank you very much! That was a big help.

Return to Kitty DPS