Register

Best use of Valor points

Face-rippin fun.
Honored

Best use of Valor points

Postby Morghan » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:53 am

Hi guys,

Was wondering if/how far along a post regarding the best order to upgrade, or best use of valor points for kitties is. I know Wow-insider had a Warlock guide last week and it looked really good and I was hoping for something similar on here.

Sylvaneart mentioned perhaps you were doing one QBear

Revered

Re: Best use of Valor points

Postby Qbear » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:02 am

Him and I talked about it for awhile, I wasn't really thinking of doing a guide since the answer really should just be whatever the largest upgrade happens to be.

I personally hated the T11 4p bonus so I used my valor points to break that as quickly as humanly possible. However, if someone actually likes that bonus I'd suggest just going with whichever item would yield you the largest agility gain. (Keeping in mind that pants/gloves drop from BH so you should probably hold off on getting those as long as possible.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:26 pm

Tier chest followed by tier gloves (not holding my breath on BH). Anything to get away from the T11 4 piece set bonus. Probably try to get the helm off of Lord Rhyolith as the offset piece (should be one of the easiest to get), so at some point plan on getting tier legs to go with tier shoulders off of Staghelm. Other than that, whatever provides the best stat gains.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:35 pm

Leafkiller wrote:Tier chest followed by tier gloves (not holding my breath on BH). Anything to get away from the T11 4 piece set bonus. Probably try to get the helm off of Lord Rhyolith as the offset piece (should be one of the easiest to get), so at some point plan on getting tier legs to go with tier shoulders off of Staghelm. Other than that, whatever provides the best stat gains.

No, no, no. The Tier Helm is the only Tier piece that is a direct gain of secondary stats vs. their T12 Offset pieces:

Jaymz wrote:I'd say Offset pieces are Legs(40) > Shoulders(20) > Hands(18) > Chest(2) based purely on the total amount of stats gained.

IOW: Get Tier Helm > Chest > Gloves > Shoulders > Legs for maximum stats.

Avoid Tier legs at all costs.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:30 pm

Konungr wrote:
Leafkiller wrote:Tier chest followed by tier gloves (not holding my breath on BH). Anything to get away from the T11 4 piece set bonus. Probably try to get the helm off of Lord Rhyolith as the offset piece (should be one of the easiest to get), so at some point plan on getting tier legs to go with tier shoulders off of Staghelm. Other than that, whatever provides the best stat gains.

No, no, no. The Tier Helm is the only Tier piece that is a direct gain of secondary stats vs. their T12 Offset pieces:

Jaymz wrote:I'd say Offset pieces are Legs(40) > Shoulders(20) > Hands(18) > Chest(2) based purely on the total amount of stats gained.

IOW: Get Tier Helm > Chest > Gloves > Shoulders > Legs for maximum stats.

Avoid Tier legs at all costs.

This is correct only if you are not planning on doing HM's.

While not optimal using the heroic Helm of Rhyolith will be the best option (I know the stats suck). While the tier legs are under budget the 391 token is off Shannox so access wise its still better then the 378 pants. But unless you are going to be downing Rag HM any time soon having as much 391 as possible is going to be better dispite the poorer stats.

Revered

Postby Qbear » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:25 pm

Yeah I was gonna say keep your 378 helm I'll use my 391 off set.

Gonna be a while before non paragon members are grabbing the heroic tier.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:45 am

Never knew people hated the t11 4p so much...always thought it wasn't soo bad they wanted us to mangle a bit more.

Anyways, I'm still trying to figure out what the heck to aim for as well; for my background, I have t11 4p with offset helm (tsanga), and we don't do nef at all anymore so my chance of ever getting it nowdays is slim (not that it matters since the damn thing would never drop originally). So for me, I'm aiming somewhat at grabbing the Chest + Gloves, as my T11 leggings are the heroic 372s (so Bethtilac's ones wouldn't be a super big upgrade in the first play) and I never bothered grabbing the chest token off H Halfus when it did drop, so it's just 359 and use those along with the shoulders. Then from there, probably eventually get t12 leggings and shoulders off Staghelm I suppose...guess it wouldn't be the worst case (though I dislike all the Exp on Rhyolith's helm, plus visually it's the rogue one, which is meh), or in the other scenario, grab Raggy helm to use with the Baleroc shoulders I have in my bags now (also bleh as the shoulders just have hit/crit); I couldn't bring myself to be greedy enough to grab both helm and shoulders until our healer, mage, and DK have one or the other...so that's an unfortunately long waiting list. Kinda liked it better when it was just the healer and me that could use that token, when the mage was an spriest and the dk was another shammy >.>

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:25 am

shinryu wrote:Never knew people hated the t11 4p so much...always thought it wasn't soo bad they wanted us to mangle a bit more.

Anyways, I'm still trying to figure out what the heck to aim for as well; for my background, I have t11 4p with offset helm (tsanga), and we don't do nef at all anymore so my chance of ever getting it nowdays is slim (not that it matters since the damn thing would never drop originally). So for me, I'm aiming somewhat at grabbing the Chest + Gloves, as my T11 leggings are the heroic 372s (so Bethtilac's ones wouldn't be a super big upgrade in the first play) and I never bothered grabbing the chest token off H Halfus when it did drop, so it's just 359 and use those along with the shoulders. Then from there, probably eventually get t12 leggings and shoulders off Staghelm I suppose...guess it wouldn't be the worst case (though I dislike all the Exp on Rhyolith's helm, plus visually it's the rogue one, which is meh), or in the other scenario, grab Raggy helm to use with the Baleroc shoulders I have in my bags now (also bleh as the shoulders just have hit/crit); I couldn't bring myself to be greedy enough to grab both helm and shoulders until our healer, mage, and DK have one or the other...so that's an unfortunately long waiting list. Kinda liked it better when it was just the healer and me that could use that token, when the mage was an spriest and the dk was another shammy >.>

It wasn't the fact that we had to mangle more, it was more the fact that it would drop any time you had to use ANY of your raid utility and it costs a LOT of damage to reapply after the initial stack.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:53 am

Konungr wrote:
shinryu wrote:Never knew people hated the t11 4p so much...always thought it wasn't soo bad they wanted us to mangle a bit more.

It wasn't the fact that we had to mangle more, it was more the fact that it would drop any time you had to use ANY of your raid utility and it costs a LOT of damage to reapply after the initial stack.

Good point...never did consider when I popped Tranq that I was losing those stacks, usually too worried about living at that point to care about DPS XD

But then again, that's definitely a flaw on blizz's part imo, they should've know better than to have it go away when you drop form; I mean, the duration's ticking regardless, so not really sure how you can abuse it unless they failed on some programming oversite that could lead to its abuse or something weird.

Postby Fonia » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:26 am

Picked up tier chest and gloves first, felt great to be able to brez/tranq without losing my tier bonus. Will start saving up for legs next probably. As others have said, I assume we will kill Hrhyolith far before we kill Hrag... I wasn't having any problems with the dot munching that I noticed, every time I looked, my fiery claws dmg was about 1/10 of shred+mangle.

Honored

Postby Morghan » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:30 am

Awesome responses guys. We onyl had a few T11 boss kills, like 3-4 of each but not one damn Druid piece in all of them, so I don't have my 4 piece, and I really want to try to get 2T11/2T12, or should I just say forget it and grab the higher agility gear when it comes along? Obviously I won't break 2T11 set bonus until I get the 2T12 and hope that balances it out in the long run.

Postby Dropzone » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:06 am

I went Chest > Gloves and will probably buy my relic and then start with rings and neck after that.

Honored

Postby Morghan » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:12 am

I'm double dipping, capping VP on my druid and holy pally. Plan on using the VP on holy pally to buy my feral BoE bracers and possibly getting Chest first on my druid since my 2T11 is currently Hands/Legs.

Had the mats to craft witch-hunter polearm, did about 23k DPS on new BH boss last night, so i was happy. Last week ranked 104th on my resto druid on the fight (yay for not many WoL logged kills yet, LOL)

Honored

Postby mekell » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:28 pm

I did just that myself. Just bought Chest and Gloves, and used my other toon's VP to buy bracers :). So happy to be rid of 4pc t11.

Return to Kitty DPS