Register

Gear Choices

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Gear Choices

Postby Oakes » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:31 am

So I need some opinions here. I just picked up the heroic Seal of many Mouths and I already had the 277 rep ring and heroic Frostbrood Sapphire Ring. I have the heroic T10 pants so i have a TON of expertise now. I am contemplating dropping Primal Precision and move the points to something like Infected Wounds to help with Valkyurs on LK. Am I nuts? I need some good well thought out arguements.

Here is my armory.http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... l&cn=Oakes (the boots I have on are my tanking boots I normally use the heroic Icewalker Treads from TOGC but the rest of the gear is correct)

Site Admin

Re: Gear Choices

Postby Alaron » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:38 am

SoMM isn't all that great, honestly. I'd be sticking with the rep ring and Frostbrood Sapphire. You shouldn't be trying to cap hit/exp until you've reached ArP cap.

Postby Oakes » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:30 pm

Alarron - is there any reason you don't think highly of the SoMM. According to Toskk's its Second BiS.

661.09 Frostbrood Sapphire Ring E277 +120 AP, +102 Agi, +60 Crit, +68 Pen, R (+4 Agi)
636.53 Seal of Many Mouths E277 +120 AP, +102 Agi, +68 Crit, +60 Exp, Y (+4 Agi)
618.38 Ashen Band of Endless Vengeance E277 +135 AP, +88 Agi, +59 Crit, +59 Hit, (480 AP for 10s, assumes 1.00 PPM, 60sec int. CD), Y (+4 Agi)
(numbers generated using my stats)

What I am really concerned with is dropping Primal Precision. Right now I would be at 236 hit and 20 Expertise. Below each cap for sure but not obscenely so on either. However if I do miss I am on a finishing move (Rip or FBite) I am not going to get back the energy. Should be little chance of missing but it exists so what the real question comes down too is the raid utility of Infected wounds (our 25 mans generally dont hav a bear tank unless i need to fill in) outweighing the potentail energy issue.

As for arp cap that will come with two more H Tokens and upgraded wrist/boots/and belt or the new trinket out of Ruby Sanctum.

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:39 pm

Using SimulationCraft with your toon imported and removing the Finger2 slot, I get the following stat values:
ArP: 2.68
Exp/Hit: 2.58
Agi: 1.61
Crit: 1.05
AP: 0.99

Not counting the proc, rep ring compared to SoMM has +15 AP (+14.85 DPS) -14 Agi (-22.54 DPS) -9 Crit (-9.45 DPS) -1 Hit/Exp (-2.58 DPS), for a (-19.72) DPS loss. The proc has a 12% uptime on a 5min fight, so 480AP * (0.12) = 57.6 avg AP, or 57.02 DPS, for a net 37.3 DPS gain. I suspect Toskk's is understating the proc's uptime, because Rawr shows similar values.

Getting back to your question, though, Primal Precision is certainly worth dropping if you don't need the exp and are capped/close to hit cap. I'd drop your points in Furor first, though. I find IW to be very useful for LK; not that I've seen the heroic version, though.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:54 pm

A few things I noticed here that might help.
1. In your current gear you have 30 expertise. If you drop Primal Percision you will be back to 20 expertise. Which is what you would be at anyway if you kept the using the frost brood ring. Dropping Primal Percision + the loss of 60arp will be a dps loss with nothing really to make it up.
2. If you want to put points into IW I would agree with Alaron that losing 2 points in Furor is best as you dont' really get much out of that talent. If you have another feral in the raid like me you can drop Impoved Mangle, or ILotP is another good spot to take points out of as they won't stack.
3. I see you have Tuskers on your boots. I don't think this stacks with Feral Swiftness which you have. IceWalker will get you some more hit which couldn't hurt. 16 Agility is also an ok alturnitive.

Postby Oakes » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:55 am

Which is what you would be at anyway if you kept the using the frost brood ring

Frostbrood is BiS so i would never drop this ring. The decision is between SoMM and the rep ring.

If you have another feral in the raid like me you can drop Impoved Mangle, or ILotP is another good spot to take points out of as they won't stack.

Until recently we have not had another feral in as our main raid nor a consistant arms warrior. I finally recruited a decent one and he has ILoP so I have realocated those points and two from furor, which I had been meaning to do for a while just hadnt gotten around to it as I have ben mulling over where my gear is gonna go.

I see you have Tuskers on your boots.

I mentioned on my post these are my tanking boots, I use H Icewalker Treads from TOGC for my dps boots, more arp and a red gem slot, and these are enchanted with Icewalker.

Postby Oakes » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:05 am

BTW ran with my new spec last night. Didn't get to do many fights that i could really test consistantly. (H-PP, H-Blood Council, H-Dreamwalker all fights that require switching and movement) until we got to H-Blodd Queen. Due to some poor bite rotations i never got bit, two mc's for the last 35 sec of the fight and we still killed her (gotta love the 25% buff), but I still managed to pull 14.5k dps.

BTW IW is AWESOME for suppresors. Between the rogue with cripling and me with IW suppressors barely made it to Dreamwalker before they died.

Thanks for the sounding board guys!

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:37 pm

Well, if it's working for you, by all means use it. :) Good thinking on IW and Suppressors. I still struggle with the VDW fight, personally, but I probably spend too much time trying to dump in off-healing with NI.

Return to Kitty DPS