Register

Need help on mew

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Need help on mew

Postby JKCS » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:39 am

Hi, I'm trying to learn how to use mew but when I calculate, only values for model output appear but nothing for the stat values. What's wrong?

Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/gundrak/Oakshlador/advanced

And can someone tell me what's the point of pooling energy?

Exalted

Re: Need help on mew

Postby Konungr » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:45 am

Mew by default will no longer generate stat values due to people not understanding how to use them properly and their misuse when acquired.

Pooling energy allows for the player to use active thinking in order to maintain 90%+ uptime on all of our necessary debuffs. If you constantly spend all your energy when you hit 40 energy, you will not have enough to put up Rip, Rake, and SR when they all drop within 2 seconds, and you will end up losing valuable uptime.

Also, Mew is not generally for PVP. If you want some basic stat weights for PVP:

Weapon DPS > Agility > 195 Spell Pen > 5% Hit > Mastery/Crit/Exp (Preference)

Postby JKCS » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:56 am

Oh okay thanks, I'm using it for pve actually but I did not swap out of my pvp gear and spec due to server maintaenance.

In pve, since I can't use mew to calculate the stats' values, how do I reforge my gear? Currently, in my pve gear(only have 2p11), I've capped hit and almost capping expertise. Should I max haste after that? I get confused about haste because my guild mates says it sucks for ferals.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:02 pm

JKCS wrote:Oh okay thanks, I'm using it for pve actually but I did not swap out of my pvp gear and spec due to server maintaenance.

In pve, since I can't use mew to calculate the stats' values, how do I reforge my gear? Currently, in my pve gear(only have 2p11), I've capped hit and almost capping expertise. Should I max haste after that? I get confused about haste because my guild mates says it sucks for ferals.

With 4.2, all of our secondary stats became almost equal. Generally Hit/Exp > Mastery > Crit > Haste will serve you best over a variety of fights. Haste is powerful, but anything outside of a Patchwerk (Baleroc) fight, it loses incredible value in relation to the other 4 stats.

wowreforge.com will help you greatly in setting up your reforges to cap Hit/Exp without over-capping and I have already set-up the stat weights for the Hit/Exp > Mastery > Crit > Haste profile as that is the most reoccurring top profile over 7 different fight tests done with Mew.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2592641963

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=432

Haste is great, but if you do not have 100% uptime, it loses value. Haste will help you get more White Attacks, Regen Energy, and more OoC procs, the downfall is anytime you are away from the target, you aren't gaining any of those, other than the regen, which takes place even with 0 haste. It takes an exuberant amount of haste to really effect your regen to where you will gain from it.

By prioritizing any of the other 4 stats you have a better chance at maximizing your dps since they all work better for time away from target and target switching.

Hit/Exp will help you land every attack, so you won't even be wasting that 20% energy cost, and it will help you apply the neccesary debuffs in clutch times when you need to switch targets. One of the worst things ever was having Atramedes, Valiona, Theralion, etc take off into the air and you just missed applying Rip, Rake, and/or Mangle because you had an unlucky string of RNG Misses/Dodges.

Crit will help since the Bleeds that you have on that target that you are away from have a higher chance at critting, and it also speeds up Combo Point Generation a lot more than Haste will.

Mastery, of course, increases the bleed damage, which is ~40-50% of our total damage. Sure Mastery will take a hit when we lose our T11 2PC bonus, but some testing may show that keeping 2 372 T11 Pieces and rocking T11 & T12 2 PC at the same time to be a DPS increase over T12 4PC until you get into 391 T12.

Postby JKCS » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:13 pm

Thank you! That's a nice explanation. I read your post on forums before but wasn't sure if it applies to me cos I'm of a lower ilevel. Thank you anyway! I just started WoW so its nice to have the veteran helping out :)

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:16 pm

JKCS wrote:the veteran helping out :)

Literally.

Also, if you use wowreforge, grabbing an addon called reforgerade will help out wonders as well. I used to, whenever I would get a new piece, spend 45-90 mins mapping out my gear and looking at all the possible reforges that I could do to get the most out of my gear while Hit/Exp capping. Now that process, including the actual reforging of the gear, takes less than 2 minutes.

Postby JKCS » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:55 am

Thank you :)

Return to Kitty DPS