Register

Unheeded Warning - Nerfed???

Face-rippin fun.

Re: Unheeded Warning - Nerfed???

Postby Ruan » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:45 pm

Fonia wrote:So I herd they changed some of the stats around with this thing called cata. If you post a lvl 80+ item with attack power budgeted it'd be relevant.

Well there is literally one Cataclysm item with passive Attack Power, but it supports me.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=56550

55 Crit Rating * 1.0 = 55
190 Attack Power * 0.5 = 95
Sum = 150

http://www.wowhead.com/item=56551

55 Agility * 1.0 = 55
145 Stamina * 0.667 = 96.667
Sum = 151.667

Unheeded Warning should have double the AP on the proc OR double the duration OR half the ICD. Or Blizzard could pick something more interesting, like increasing your lowest secondary stat.

Postby Fonia » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:55 am

Eh they'd have to do something different, they don't really make trinkets anymore with a primary stat passive and a primary stat proc. Doubling the AP would effectively be doing that (minus the crit, leather bonus and kings bonus) and would make the trinket basically still as good as it is prenerf, less specific on shred, but would buff everything.

The last time they did a primary/primary trinket was greatness and that's been discussed in this thread even.

IMO the item got it's unique effect when they made it add weapon damage, and I'm satisfied with what I got out of it. What they're doing now is a bandaid nerf to keep it from being too good, and I'm OK with that.

Revered

Postby Stenhaldi » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:08 am

Fonia wrote:Eh they'd have to do something different, they don't really make trinkets anymore with a primary stat passive and a primary stat proc. Doubling the AP would effectively be doing that (minus the crit, leather bonus and kings bonus) and would make the trinket basically still as good as it is prenerf, less specific on shred, but would buff everything.

The last time they did a primary/primary trinket was greatness and that's been discussed in this thread even.

They have actually introduced such trinkets in Cataclysm, such as the Figurine - Jeweled Serpent, a level 346 intellect/spellpower trinket which unsurprisingly ends up superior to most level 359 trinkets (typically all except Volcano, I believe).

Postby Crueltree » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:48 pm

Just checked on US - Quel'dorei. When the proc occurs, the character window shows my weapon damage being increased by 680 while my attack power stays at the same level. I guess I might be lucky for now until Blizz catches on. Granted, this trinket is still very situational even with the proc not being changed on this realm (yet).

Postby Zestee » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:11 am

With the nerf to Unheeded Warning, what would be the top two 359 trinkets for a feral cat?

Postby Aurea » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:28 am

i'd say tia's grace and fluid death.

Postby Vorticose » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:10 pm

Unheeded Warning is still pretty Good, so I'd say:
Fluid Death + (Essence, Prestor's, or Unheeded)

Depending on your current stats mileage may vary, but Unheeded + Fluid Death is still a good pair for new cats :-)

Postby Zaxxan » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:26 pm

I went in to Rawr to edit the proc for UW. All I did was edit the one already in the box (since nothing changed aside from the stat it procs) changed it to the 1926 Attack power (so it now reads 1926 Attack Power (10 Sec 10% on Melee Hit/50 Sec) and clicked ok/accept. After I did that it is now showing pretty much every blue trinket as a better option. The non heroic Left Eye of Rajh is shown as a better option and hell it even shows the non heroic version of the Heart of Solace as only slightly worse and that's a strength trinket.

Did I do something wrong when I did the edit because that would seem to be an overly excessive nerf if not.

Previous

Return to Kitty DPS