Register

WOW Reforge

Face-rippin fun.
Honored

WOW Reforge

Postby Elamari » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:16 am

In the last few posts there has been a lot of talk about wowreforge.com. I had a look at it and I am not quite sure what I should be doing. I have always done my own reforging and I am looking to "improve" my performance or explore ways of doing things differently.

Does anyone know of a guide or website to help explain or walk me through the process OR can anyone here help me out? I am not currently raiding at the moment, guild is still getting set up and what not. I just want to know how to do it for when the time comes and it matters.

Thanks in advance.

~Elamari
Cricket? Nobody understands cricket. You have to know what a crumpet is to understand cricket.

File under Feral - http://fileunderferal.wordpress.com/

Honored

Re: WOW Reforge

Postby Instaqueues » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:14 pm

the site is quite simple, and that confused me at first :P

It only deals with reforges. What you do is import your character (Top left) to get started.

Near the bottom, put in hit/exp caps (Cap #1 & Cap #2), 7.5% = 2550.

Just above that and slightly to the right are the stat weights. I've heard the default weights are fine, but I always change hit/exp to 0.0 just to make sure, since it will cap you, and then any extra is literally worth 0.

Then below the caps, hit optimize!

Then you can either get a summary and post it to your reforge addon, or just look at each piece individually, and use the 'Local' column and make the suggested changes (in red are things you need to change, green are already ok).

----

As an advanced note (not totally necessary), until item upgrades show up on these sites, I do the following:

Take the hit or expertise on my upgraded item and subtract the normal item's value from that (will be around 50 most likely, and we'll use 50 as an example). Then take that from your cap, so your cap would be 2500 (My hit/exp caps are 2500 / 2496 respectively for example). This will let the site reforge that extra ~50 hit/exp into something more useful, so you're not at 7.75% or something. If this does not make sense, ignore it :D

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:57 pm

Instaqueues wrote:Just above that and slightly to the right are the stat weights. I've heard the default weights are fine, but I always change hit/exp to 0.0 just to make sure, since it will cap you, and then any extra is literally worth 0.

Don't need to do that, the value in the main input fields are the value of the stat before any caps, if you set a "hit at least 2550" then it will force it to be at least 2550 therefore making the value irrelevant, but if you were to use "hit close to 2550" then the value would be important, it wouldn't even try to cap you if you told it hit was worth less then all your other stats.

Instaqueues wrote:Take the hit or expertise on my upgraded item and subtract the normal item's value from that (will be around 50 most likely, and we'll use 50 as an example). Then take that from your cap, so your cap would be 2500 (My hit/exp caps are 2500 / 2496 respectively for example). This will let the site reforge that extra ~50 hit/exp into something more useful, so you're not at 7.75% or something. If this does not make sense, ignore it :D

Better way: Click on the link for any item that you have upgraded and change the stats of the item to what the stats of the upgraded item is in-game.

Honored

Postby Instaqueues » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:04 pm

Oh! I didn't know the item stats were edit-able! You're right, that is way easier :) Of course unless you check it multiple times, it might be easier to just write down the adjusted caps somewhere.

It'll just be much easier when WoW catches up to their own changes... so annoying.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:08 pm

Well, adjusting the caps would just be an approximation because you're making the assumption that that stats from the item won't be modified. If WoWreforge tried to reforge out of that hit or expertise on the item then you would end up under the cap, and if it tried to reforge out of a different stat (like haste) then it would be actually adding more to the stat it's reforging in than it thinks it is which could put you over.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:18 pm

You can also use ""exactly to" instead of "close to." That will almost always get you to 2550, although technically it might cost you a little mastery along the way.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:20 pm

There isn't really any reason to use "exactly to" instead of "at least", all you're doing is adding an OCD-derived constraint onto the problem that will generally output a less optimal solution. Being 10 rating over the cap isn't bad if it also allows you get 15 more mastery than if you were exactly at the cap.

Honored

Postby Instaqueues » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:42 pm

Just an OCD question, even though I don't have OCD :P

Does wowreforge calculate getting the maximum stats for full buffs/food, etc. ? Because 64.99% mastery is the same as 64.00%, you could potentially be wasting 100+ mastery. I'm sure I could dig deep and find the answer on the google machine, but was hoping one of you math people had already looked into this :D

Honored

Postby Elamari » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:37 pm

Cheers for the help everyone.

I managed to figure out the character import and get it to cap my hit / expertise. What I wasn't sure of was what to do with the result. Do I just go in game and reforge to what it says? I was also not sure if wowreforge would also reforge your secondary stats in order after getting the caps.

Thanks.
Cricket? Nobody understands cricket. You have to know what a crumpet is to understand cricket.

File under Feral - http://fileunderferal.wordpress.com/

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:00 pm

There is an addon called Reforgerade. After you have run the optimize, take a look at the button called Summery right below it. It will give a pop up containing all of the reforges. In game walk up to the reforger and the Reforgerade addon will pop up. Paste the output from summery and hit reforge and it does everything for you. Easy as pie.

As for your second question after getting the caps it will go in order Mastery (as much as you can possibly get), then Crit (as much as is left), then Haste (there won't be any left).

Return to Kitty DPS