Register

What works best for you - Boss Tactics - Feral

Face-rippin fun.

What works best for you - Boss Tactics - Feral

Postby Xube » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:35 pm

We have some top notch Ferals on here, so this is a perfect thread.

Ever since my first post on here my dps as increased so much just from reforges, gemming etc..
i literally went from like 65k to like 80k + (depending on fight)

So here is one that i think will help a bunch. I play on a 10 man team on Shandris. We haven't gotten into heroics yet.

But here is one boss encounter i could use some insight on

Garalon, the legs die way to fast my fury warrior is owning me on this fight probably like a 10-12 k difference between us.

The legs just die way to quick for me to put up 5 CP rips on it etc.. (granted we only pulled this boss 4 times b4 it went down), after pull 2 ( and a wisper from my Raid leader "can we do something about your dps you seem to be on the low end")

I started just putting Rakes on his leg and leaving rips on his body, its just way to crazy ( especially for DoC, because i like seeing the full powered dots on the boss using druid focus)

this is the conclusion i came to,

Rakes, and melee and shreds with a FB on the legs, DONT use DoC and switch it for HoTW next week.

Is this a better method.

What do you guys do?

Any other fights please feel free to post what works best for you.

Re: What works best for you - Boss Tactics - Feral

Postby Vaporgriffin » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:59 pm

I think you've hit the key points right on the head. For our first few attempts on Garalon, I was the only melee dps in the group, and I was on legs about 90% of the time. As a result, my dps was astronomical for those pulls. A week later we recruited a good DK to join the group, and with their zero-ramp-up damage they can blast into the legs, I suddenly am in a situation where I can never beat his damage. It's not that I'm playing worse, it's just that the legs are dying so fast that our damage is much less effective.

I came to the same conclusion as you about the abilities to use on the legs - rake/melee/shred/fb since a rip will never have enough time to be effective unless you're soloing a leg. I've still been using DoC just because I enjoy the rotation, but I think you're right that the higher agi from HOTW would be more effective for the quick switches between targets, even if you don't get a chance to use the activated ability. (I suppose you could wrathspam the front outside leg if you really wanted to, but I don't think it would be a dps increase since you wouldn't get the weak spot damage buff if you're turretting the leg.)

**Edit - Also, this topic might be better served in the Garalon thread under Raid Strategies.

Re: What works best for you - Boss Tactics - Feral

Postby Xube » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:06 pm

-.- didn't even know that thread existed sorry Will go read all that now

Return to Kitty DPS