Register

Ask Mr. Robot - Help & Feedback

Face-rippin fun.

Re: Ask Mr. Robot - Help & Feedback

Postby zoopercat » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:06 pm

Tinderhoof - I too wanted a sorting and filter function last night when doing a 'reality check' on our trinkets. I thought it might just be me though. Now that I know someone else wants it, we'll add it to the list.

Note: we are updating trinkets shortly since Ghostcrawler posted some updated information (and we just learned of this STR restriction, which applies to a few other trinkets too). Thanks!

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:18 pm

Super! Thanks. I try poking around a little more tonight and see if I have more feedback.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:28 pm

Hey Zoop. I have been trying to use AskMrRobot for my reforging needs but am still unable to make it work. It seems the big sticking point is socket bonuses with Hit/Exp. No matter how much I have tried, I can't get Mr Robot to give me reforges that reach my Hit/Exp caps with out using socket bonuses. Even if I have agility set to 10 and hit/exp set to 2 on the stat weights it will still attempt to use the socket bonuses to reach the hit cap while sacraficng agility to do so. The only way I can get it to not attempt to get every socket bonus is if I set Hit/Exp lower on the stat weights which then causes to ignore my "Force Hit Cap" preference. I really want to use Mr Robot because the UI is easy to work with. I just can't use it as is right now. Do you have any suggestions why it seems to favor socket bonuses so high at the cost of my biggest stat weight?

Honored

Postby Etapicx » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:36 am

It is a bug in askmrrobot for the moment when i click optimise without changing stat values even it changes my blue gems to green haste/hit gems i'm pretty sure we want Purple Hit/Agi gems. And even so if it was the case we'r going to take green gems it would be mastery for the moment until we get Rune.

Postby zoopercat » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:03 pm

Tinderhoof, so I'm 4 weeks late!! I thought I would get emailed about new posts, but I didn't have the right settings turned on for that :( Decided to stop by and catch up on things today and found this post.

Mr. Robot will balance reaching caps with socket bonuses vs reforges. A way to see if he's doing a good job is to lock in all of the gems you would want, and let him reforge to the cap. Then compare the scores and see which one is higher.

Is this still happening on a current case that I can investigate?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:47 pm

HA! I actually think that I got in the tail end right before fixes went though. Like 2 days later I tried again and got expected results so all was good. I have yet to ask Mr Robot about reforging for Rune. Has he had any practice with it?

EDIT: I also think I tried this before you could lock your gems. I will poke around some tonight.

Postby zoopercat » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:57 am

Hey, good catch, we'll remove that. We don't show it in the ranked item lists when people optimize, we already have that restriction. But we missed it on the trinket page - we'll get that fixed :)

Honored

Postby RareBeast » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:43 pm

A small thing that may be useful to add to Mr Robot :-

It would be nice to be able to add an item to your "bag" manually. When I have my bag up to date in AMR and win a loot on a boss that I already have open in the "What upgrades can I get in....." it would be great to quickly add it without having to stop and do a reload etc. Not a biggie though.

When I have been playing with AMR for my resto spec and have called up the "Which LFR Raids give me the most upgrades...." or similar then use the update from armory to switch back to my feral spec and gear, I click on the find upgrades it continues to show me the resto LFR upgrades instead of refreshing automatically like it does if you manually switch spec in AMR. I get around this by loading a different toon then reloading my druid.

Postby zoopercat » Mon May 20, 2013 3:29 pm

Recent updates to AMR that affect druids:

TANKS: We added a new stamina widget that lets you select high, medium, and low levels of stamina. This corresponds with how you can get Stamina on your gear. For example, the highest level of Stamina will use as many Stamina gems and enchants as possible and find gear with high levels of stamina. The medium Stamina option will only use Stamina when matching socket bonuses and won't favor Stamina as heavily on gear for the BiS lists.

You can use the Stamina widget when you click on the 'edit weights' button.

MOONKIN & RESTO: We added a Haste breakpoint picker. So you can now see how many extra ticks of moonfire, wild growth, etc you get with each level of Haste. You can also turn on and off different talents to see how that affects breakpoints. For example, you can turn on SoTF and pick a different haste breakpoint.

KITTY: Not much has changed

PVP: We're updating the items, gems, etc. But we don't know what the new PvP scaling formulas are for bringing PvE gear down to the right PvP iLevel. So unfortunately, PvP optimizations won't be ideal until we figure it out :(

EVERYONE: Valor upgrades are back and Mr. Robot is here to help.

COMING SOON: We're working on a new algorithm that we expect will guarantee the best optimization, every time. In order to do this in sub-second time, it requires a bit of cleverness. We think we finally nailed it and will have it out for beta testing soon. I'll hit you guys up once that goes into beta.
Last edited by zoopercat on Mon May 20, 2013 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby zoopercat » Mon May 20, 2013 3:32 pm

Rarebeast: I'm so incredibly sorry I didn't see your post earlier.

Re: Best in Bags: we have this feature on our short list to revamp. We want to make it much more user friendly :)
Re: Spec switching: if you switch specs in game, you'll need to click 'update from armory' on Mr. Robot to pull in the new info. Then all lists should be updated. You can also manually do it by clicking on the 'spec / talents / glyphs' button and clicking 'save' when done. If lists are not updating after 1 of those activities, let me know. That means something is wrong.

Postby Thbrius » Wed May 22, 2013 12:45 am

Why does Ask Mr. Robot under values the Rune trinket?

Honored

Postby scorpio0920 » Wed May 22, 2013 2:10 am

Why, Mr. Robot does not support Asian version?

Previous

Return to Kitty DPS