Register

Your dependency on Ovale?

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Your dependency on Ovale?

Postby brettfirst » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:18 pm

I have a fairly simple question if you don't mind, IF you use Ovale, how heavily do you rely on it? (assuming your focusing a single target).

While my cat dps is getting a bit better I'm still unsatisfied with my numbers. Essentially I'm just following what ovale tells me to do, with the only personally decisions being when to pot and hit berserk.

Essentially I'm just wondering for max dps how closely I should be following Ovale.

**And a side question, sometimes I don't understand why Ovale will tell me to wait like 4 seconds before casting my next action, but not telling me to hit a Faerie Fire while waiting. Like, I get that it wants me to gain up some energy, but why not hit a Fire while waiting so you don't have to refresh it later on? (since it doesn't cost any energy I don't believe).

Thanks very much, this site is an awesome resource.

Exalted

Re: Your dependency on Ovale?

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:43 pm

Leaf was never able to get Ovale to suggest Faerie Fire during down times properly. It would either always ask for it, or never ask for it. Personally I monitor FF on my target and refesh to help the tanks during down time. If you get used to watching it it just becomes second nature.

As you get better with the rotation you will start to see times you could make changes on the fly to the script. Until you feel at that point it's best to just follow the script.

Re: Your dependency on Ovale?

Postby brettfirst » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Ah ok, thx for the response. Thought Ovale+leafkillers script was a foolproof system. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome, especially for a new feral player like myself.

Guess I'll go back to the books and perfect my rotation manually.

Return to Kitty DPS