Register

LFR Gao-Rei ... VP upgrade?

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

LFR Gao-Rei ... VP upgrade?

Postby Anjuk » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:24 pm

Long time lurker, first time poster.

What are the implications of upgrading my Gao-Rei? Using SimC I've come to the conclusion that the increased iLvl on a weapon is one of the most efficient (biggest bang for the buck) uses of Valor Points left to me. But what do we know about the future of that weapon? Will the quest line let us keep improving it? Will that overwrite the VP upgrade somehow? I'm unlikely to see the normal mode Gao-Rei any time soon, so I'm not especially worried about that. What's everyone else doing?

Re: LFR Gao-Rei ... VP upgrade?

Postby Vaporgriffin » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:34 pm

The next step of the questline is to get an item that you use to add a prismatic socket to a sha-touched weapon, but it doesn't upgrade the weapon itself. I don't think there's any information available yet about the subsequent step of the quest, but as people play through and datamine the PTR we might learn more.

If you're not going to be seeing the Normal Gao-Rei or Heroic Screaming Tiger before 5.2, then yes you should upgrade the LFR staff. As you've seen from the sims, weapon damage is far and away the biggest return we can get, so upgrading your weapon should always be the first upgrade for us. And just in case you haven't seen the news, make sure you get your upgrade done before 5.2 launches, because the upgrade vendor will be going away until 5.3.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:33 pm

If you don't plan on seeing a Normal Gao-Rei anytime soon, then upgrading your LFR Gao-Rei is definitely a sound investment. It was already better than a Screaming Tiger once you completed the first step in the chain and it will only get better with the 2nd and further.

Postby Anjuk » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:06 pm

Many thanks!

Return to Kitty DPS