Register

Reforing help

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Reforing help

Postby Pìxèl » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:34 am

Firstly, thanks for all the usefull info on the site - its very (ummm) usefull ;p

Ok yet another reforging question:-
My char:- http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronzebeard/P%C3%ACx%C3%A8l/advanced

So ive played about with mew a bit, and it just serves to confuse me more. Hoping that someone with more knowledge of it, could run my char and tell me exactly how to reforge. At the moment my char isnt hit/exp capped, cause i was testing reforging again last night. But considering the guilds progression Im not too fussed about reaching the caps.

Also is it worth banking the Cinderweb legging and using the tier 11 ones untill I get an upgrade on the shoulders?

We are not on heroics yet, and still haven't downed rag, so only loot prior to rag is available to me.

Any help/advice is appreciated.

Pixel

Exalted

Re: Reforing help

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:05 pm

T11 2p is still very powerful. General thinking is you should be holding on to your 2p T11 until you can get 4p T12.

Also quick tip. Replace the two 20exp + 20 hit gems in your goves and belt with 40 agility. The socket bonsus are not worth losing 80 agility.

Postby Pìxèl » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:08 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:T11 2p is still very powerful. General thinking is you should be holding on to your 2p T11 until you can get 4p T12.

Also quick tip. Replace the two 20exp + 20 hit gems in your goves and belt with 40 agility. The socket bonsus are not worth losing 80 agility.

yeah I originally had the agility ones in there, but swapped them out when I was testing a hit/exp cap.

Could you tell me if this is correct then Tinderhoof:-

presuming keeping 2 peices t11 and 2 peices t12. (secondary) Stat priority would be:-

Mastery(?)
Haste(?)
Crit
Hit
Exp

Thanks

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:11 pm

For the most part getting Hit/Exp cap over the mastery will likely be benefical to you. With so many fights that require us to change targets or be off the boss having hit/exp much higher lessens the impact of a long miss string.

However Agility will always be better then any other stat. When ever possible always gem for agility. If you arn't able to reach the hit/exp caps with reforging alone it's ok. We still do fine if we don't hit the caps, it just makes the rotation easier and RNG screw us a little less.

Postby Pìxèl » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:19 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:For the most part getting Hit/Exp cap over the mastery will likely be benefical to you. With so many fights that require us to change targets or be off the boss having hit/exp much higher lessens the impact of a long miss string.

However Agility will always be better then any other stat. When ever possible always gem for agility. If you arn't able to reach the hit/exp caps with reforging alone it's ok. We still do fine if we don't hit the caps, it just makes the rotation easier and RNG screw us a little less.

So on that basis, and with my setup - whats the "best" stat to reforge out of?

Pixel

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:27 pm

Pìxèl wrote:
Tinderhoof wrote:For the most part getting Hit/Exp cap over the mastery will likely be benefical to you. With so many fights that require us to change targets or be off the boss having hit/exp much higher lessens the impact of a long miss string.

Pixel

If you want to go with a Hit/Exp capped > Mastery > Crit > Haste profile, which I would strongly suggest, I would use wowreforge.com and an addon called reforgerade to help you out.

Here is some of the stat testing I have done and the results I have received.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2592641963

Postby Pìxèl » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:32 pm

Konungr wrote:
Pìxèl wrote:

Pixel

If you want to go with a Hit/Exp capped > Mastery > Crit > Haste profile, which I would strongly suggest, I would use wowreforge.com and an addon called reforgerade to help you out.

Here is some of the stat testing I have done and the results I have received.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2592641963

lol was just reading that thread earlier. The way that I was doing it, was running a mew simulation and then entering the pawn values into the pawn addon ingame, but will look at the other options you mentioned. Thanks.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:37 pm

Konungr's method is a lot faster and more accurate if you are trying to hit the cap's with out going over.

Postby Pìxèl » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Does this look 100% right now guys?
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronzebeard/P%C3%ACx%C3%A8l/advanced
Thanks
Pixel

*edit help if i included link

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:58 pm

Looks good (gems updated too). I would suggest if you have the justice points you replace the Rickets with Fluid Death. If you don't get them fast. That will give you a good chunk of hit and more mastery which will free up other gear pieces to get you some more mastery. It will also net you 40 more agi which is always a plus.

Return to Kitty DPS