Register

9% wrath damage increase

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

9% wrath damage increase

Postby Vaporgriffin » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:06 pm

From the latest patch notes, the 9% buff to wrath looks like it will apply to all specs, along with the 9% boost to starsurge and starfire for Boomchickens.

Just curious about whether this will cause any meaningful boost to HOTW-wrath-spamming, or if it's going to remain about on par with our single-target rotation? If it doesn't change things significantly, I'm curious what sort of change would be required to push wrath-spamming back in the lead again?

Honored

Re: 9% wrath damage increase

Postby kaiadam » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:47 pm

In my experience, and it's very hard to judge with only 45 sec bursts so I could be slightly off here, but wrathspam is currently about 10% higher damage than non-berserk normal cat dps assuming ~8 ilvl weapon difference. With a 9% buff, it's basically 20% higher, which may actually be worth incorporating into our dps rotation again.

The wrath buff closes the gap even further between hotw and doc. 20% more damage with a 12.5% uptime ~= 2.5% damage increase from wrathspam and non-wrath HoTW is only like 3.x% behind doc.
Last edited by kaiadam on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Exalted

Re: 9% wrath damage increase

Postby aggixx » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:53 pm

Would be nice if we could see a NV buff out of this but I don't see that happening.

Return to Kitty DPS