Register

Primal Fury + Swipes

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Primal Fury + Swipes

Postby lamchopp » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:44 am

HEY FELLOW CATS AND KITTIES! Alright so I apologize in advance if this is a redundant topic.

Here's the idea, what do you guys think about making primal fury interact with swipe somehow? For instance if more than half of your swipe hits crit then you get an extra combo point? Thrash generates a combo point when first applied? Thrash has a chance to generate a combo point when it does damage?

I'm just trying to get an opinion towards this idea in hopes of pushing for a change by posting on forums and such.

THANKS!

Honored

Re: Primal Fury + Swipes

Postby Jeshu » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:02 pm

What's the intent of your proposed change? Is it to improve the AoE rotation by making it easier to build CPs to apply Rip on multiple mobs? If the mobs are long-lived enough, you can Thrash and rake them all and do decent damage. However, if you're looking to improve the AoE damage of cats, it seems easier to just reduce the energy cost of Swipe, or alternatively just buffing the damage of Swipe. Only modifying Swipe is a lot simpler since it's not a part of our single-target rotation.

Having Thrash ticks possible proc extra CPs is not going to happen given how much that would affect the single-target rotation.

Postby lamchopp » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:12 pm

I came into this just thinking it would be maybe a cool idea to entertain without any real goal in mind. But now that you've mentioned some things I think the main motivation behind this is seeing some way in which the aoe rotation would be a little more than rake cleaving or thrash+swipe spamming whereby primal fury is involved. As for the overall feeling of it it does feel a little clunky with rake cleaving especially seeing those unused combo points but again that is just a general feeling of the aoe rotation which I would think in some way lends itself to this discussion.

Honored

Postby Elamari » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:03 am

I like mechanics that spread when interacting with each other like Larva Lash spreading Flame Shock for enh shammys or Thunderclap spreading Rend (I think that might have changed, nfi with warriors now). It would be cool to have something like Ferocious Bite spreading Rake to targets in a certain radius or something with a similar affect. It most likely will never happen but it is fun to think of cool ideas.

:)
Cricket? Nobody understands cricket. You have to know what a crumpet is to understand cricket.

File under Feral - http://fileunderferal.wordpress.com/

Return to Kitty DPS