Register

New to Feral, could use some help

Face-rippin fun.

New to Feral, could use some help

Postby mystidruid » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:21 am

Hello!

I was tanking most of T14 but switched it up and joined a 25 man raid as a kitty for T15. I've read a lot of the posts on here and tried to apply what I've learned in game, but I don't feel I'm performing up to my full potential. I don't think it is horrible for being my second week as a kitty, but I want to do better.

Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/greymane/Mystidruid/advanced

Log of Twins kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/uvhyfa0jl8rtkcj2/details/7/?s=1954&e=2546

I've been trying to master the DoC rotation but I don't think I'm getting it quite right. I don't think I'm getting enough buffed bleeds off. Would I be better off going with HotW? If I do go HotW, do I no longer cap hit/expertise and reforge more into mastery?

I've seen some druids with strength to gloves. Is that more beneficial than mastery? It's been a confusing couple weeks with the feral crash course and could really use some feedback.

Thanks!

Re: New to Feral, could use some help

Postby timmydactal » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:28 pm

Other than gear I think what could help your DPS for twins is using thrash when they're stacked up and perhaps using symbiosis on a lock to get dots on both during first phase.

You could try using HotW instead of DoC to see if it increases your DPS, as performing DoC incorrectly can lead to a pretty significant DPS loss compared to a better executed HotW rotation (which isn't hard at all to do).

Also, welcome to feral cat DPS. ^_^

Postby Jaymzhendo » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:07 pm

1) I notice in your logs the lack of use of Nature's Swiftness + Healing Touch to get a DoC proc. (only 2 uses)
2) As mentioned above. Lack of Thrash, use this with Omen of Clarity procs if the bleed isn't already active.
3) As mentioned above. Symbiosis. I'd highly suggest a Warlock here. With the cast time and energy cost of Shattering, IMO, it's just not worth it.
4) Who's putting up Weakened Armor (Faerie Fire)?

Postby mystidruid » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:05 pm

Jaymzhendo wrote:1) I notice in your logs the lack of use of Nature's Swiftness + Healing Touch to get a DoC proc. (only 2 uses)
2) As mentioned above. Lack of Thrash, use this with Omen of Clarity procs if the bleed isn't already active.
3) As mentioned above. Symbiosis. I'd highly suggest a Warlock here. With the cast time and energy cost of Shattering, IMO, it's just not worth it.
4) Who's putting up Weakened Armor (Faerie Fire)?

1. That is something i'm trying to improve one. Also trying to make sure I use every PS proc.

2. I think I've gotten comfortable enough with keeping the holy trinity (savage roar, rake, and rip) that I will start trying to get the thrashes going.

3. Question on soul swap. does it transfer the bleeds with whatever duration is left or does it refresh them? Is there a good way to macro the soul swap?

4. We have a warrior tank who keeps sunders up.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:14 pm

Soul Swap transfers rip and rake as is. Same buffs and duration. It does not transfer thrash or any bear bleeds.

Even if you have a Prot warrior you should at very least handle the first application. What takes him 3gcds to stack takes you one. Just make sure you track the debuff so you can reapply as needed.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:51 am

mystidruid wrote:3. Question on soul swap. does it transfer the bleeds with whatever duration is left or does it refresh them? Is there a good way to macro the soul swap?

This is the macro I use for when I want a focus target soulswap (I don't use it all the time). It also doubles as my cat form keybind.

Code: Select all
#showtooltip
/cast [form:3, @focus, harm, combat][form:3] Symbiosis; Cat Form
/equipset Weapon - Feral
/cancelaura [btn:2] Dispersion
/cancelaura [btn:2] Divine Shield

Honored

Postby adianar » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:57 pm

Aggixx,
I'm macro ignorant as they say in Texas...

What are the last two lines saying? they're turning off the dispersion and/or the pally bubble? I get that the first lines are saying to use the symbiosis cast on the focus, which assumably is the soulswap or possibly the shammy beasts...

THanks,

Adi

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:25 pm

They are escapes for using Dispersion or Divine Shield. As they are both amazing damage avoiders you get from symbiosis they do hinder your damage for 6 seconds. As soon as the damage spike passes you hit this again to drop their auras early so you can get normal damage going again.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:43 pm

Yup, right clicking the macro removes dispersion or bubble if you want to end it early.

I should say though, it'll apply to anything that uses an enemy target (so Redirect, and Death Coil if you're using that for some reason) and that's the reason I don't use it all the time.

A simpler macro would be like this:
Code: Select all
#showtooltip
/cast [@focus, harm, nodead][] Symbiosis

But I couldn't find a good place to keybind a "this is my symbiosis button" anywhere so I had to mix it with cat form.

Postby Bethany » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:51 am

http://www.macroexplain.com/ is a good place to understand any macro someone is posting :)

Honored

Postby adianar » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:23 pm

Thanks for the clarification and support site.

Adi

Return to Kitty DPS