Register

Lacking DPS somewhere

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Lacking DPS somewhere

Postby Nashiko » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:10 pm

Hello,

First post on the forum, but long time reader of the KittyCat forums :)
I just came back from a small break to WoW, stopped right after clearining everything before the 4.2 patch got released, and stayed offline for a couple of weeks to enjoy life.

When I'm raiding with my fellow guildmembers, I seem to be miles behind them DPS wise. Always at the bottom, barely above the tanks. I've been looking over my gear, and I don't think i'm doing anything wrong with it. I've compared it to other druids and been reading on EJ/this forum and used tools like Mew and Rawr to make sure the stuff is correct.

The link to my character : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... o/advanced

When doing DPS, I seem to be sticking around 15k-16K DPS area, ranging around those numbers regardless of the fight that's going on. Perhaps I'm just relying too much on Skada for these numbers, I don't know...

The rotiation I usually stick around with during boss fights:

- feral charge
- mangle
- rake
- shred till 5 CP
- rip
- ravage
- savage roar
- then keep it all going, refreshing when stuff is about to expire, shred on OOC and shred between idle phases.

With the above, I don't think i'm doing anything wrong. Sometimes I let a rake or rip drop because I'm out of energy to refresh it at the point, perhaps that's the problem?

EDIT: link to latest raid log : http://worldoflogs.com/reports/hotmyb5j ... amageDone/

Re: Lacking DPS somewhere

Postby Kojo » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:22 pm

Rotation looks good, I figure you're tossing tiger's fury in when you can. Sounds like you're not pooling energy though, you want to always wait til you have at least 60 energy before each shred, it's important to keep a little in reserve to refresh things with otherwise yes you get the problem of being unable to keep your bleeds up consistently.

And I couldn't recommend haste reforging at that gear level, well I don't recommend haste in general but if you're gonna do that you need at least t12 gearing. Mastery is almost always the way to go and the t11 bonus makes mastery especially favorable while you have it.

Postby Vorticose » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:30 pm

Biggest thing I noticed is you're not using berserk enough, only once on Shannox and Baleroc (should have been 2), twice on Majordomo (should have been 3).
Herbalism isn't great for dps and you don't have the best enchant for chest & wrist but I imagine those may be gold saving issues?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:34 pm

Hi Nashiko. Welcome to the community.

I have had a look at your gear and the logs and I have a few suggestions.

Gear - There are several acquisitions that would help you out dps wise. You should use justice points to buy the T11 chest (2200) and the Fluid Death trinket (1650). The chest will give you 4p (gem with 40agi and 20agi/20hit) which is a good dps boost. With the recent nerf to Unheeded Warning the Fluid Death will give you a much better return. If you wish to continue to avoid hit/exp (which is fine) don't forget to reforge the hit on the Fluid Death to something else. While you are saving up justice points you should replace the orange gem in your chest with 40 agi (the socket bonus isn't worth getting here). Same thing with your pants, you should replace the 20agi/30stam gem with 40agi. I would also replace the 20agi/30stam gem in your helm with 20agi/20hit. These changes will net you 233 hit and 99 agility for 20 mastery and 60 stam and a bad AP proc. Very good trade.
In 4.2 the Glyph of Berserk was changed to extend the duration of Berserk from 5 seconds to 10 seconds. The Glyph of Berserk should replace your Glyph of Tigers Fury. Having a 25 second Berserk is pretty huge

Logs - Your bleed execution on Shannox and Baleroc are very good. During Staghelm they droped off a bit. For Staghelm there is a spot right under his claw that you can shred from and still help absorb damage from the Flame Scythe. It may take a little moving around to find it, but that will boost your dps a BIG chunk for him. Also be very careful to watch your bleed timers during that cat phase. It’s worth it to refresh both Rake and Rip before you normally would if it will run out during his next charge and run back.

Vorticose brought up a good point. You really need to make as much use of Berserk as the fight timer will allow. If you berserk at the start of both Shannox and Baleroc you will be able to use Berserk again during the sub 25% phase, and you can use it 3 times on Staghelm. Try to always line up TF with the berserk so you can get as many 15% boosted attacks in as possible at the start of Berserk.

All this considered here should give you quite a boost in performance. Give this a shot and post next weeks logs and we can see if we can make a few more fine tuning points. In the future though it would be really great if you could post it in the "Let's Talk About Logs (Gearing and Execution) thread. Helps preserve info for other druids to find later that wont' fall off page 1 on the forums. Thanks and good luck.

Postby Nashiko » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:44 am

Cheers for the replies.

I'm aware that haste is not really benefitial in the T11 range, but yesterday I got 2 new pieces from the T12 range, so i'm steadily converting all my gear to the T12 specs. I'm around 50% crit with my current setup which is enough for me personally. I'll see if I can get the T11 chest, just need to run a bit more dungeons.

About the trick with Majordomo, I read that today on the forum in the boss tactics, and our raidleaders weren't aware of this, so next raid they're letting me try it together with our rogue to see if we can obtain better DPS results.

I'll update the gems as recommended and see how it goes.

Also quick question about professions, would it be worth it to pick up LW & Skinning perhaps to boost my crit further?
I usually rely on the guild flasks anyways

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:13 pm

Nashiko wrote:Cheers for the replies.

I'm aware that haste is not really benefitial in the T11 range, but yesterday I got 2 new pieces from the T12 range, so i'm steadily converting all my gear to the T12 specs. I'm around 50% crit with my current setup which is enough for me personally. I'll see if I can get the T11 chest, just need to run a bit more dungeons.

About the trick with Majordomo, I read that today on the forum in the boss tactics, and our raidleaders weren't aware of this, so next raid they're letting me try it together with our rogue to see if we can obtain better DPS results.

I'll update the gems as recommended and see how it goes.

Also quick question about professions, would it be worth it to pick up LW & Skinning perhaps to boost my crit further?
I usually rely on the guild flasks anyways

The crit offered by Skinning isn't very much (.22%). Any other profession other then tailoring will give you ~80 extra agility and will be perferable to skinning.

Return to Kitty DPS