Register

Edgy/Raffy's Official Catus Thread

Face-rippin fun.
Honored

Re: Edgy/Raffy's Official Catus Thread

Postby Kraineth » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:46 am

Cetlysm wrote:Does anyone have that list of the best offpieces in SoO?
About to give up on shoulder/leg WF drop, have malk chest and immersus helmet both WF.

The helm offpiece is probably your best bet, it has a higher amount of secondary stats than the chest does.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:35 am

It seems Catus assumes your skinning is maxed out if you have the profession regardless if its high enough to have the perk.

Edit: I had an example armory but he dropped his skinning to fix it lol.

Postby Dwooed » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:17 pm

aggixx wrote:It seems Catus assumes your skinning is maxed out if you have the profession regardless if its high enough to have the perk.

Edit: I had an example armory but he dropped his skinning to fix it lol.

Lol sorry about that. I was planning to get a different profession anyways, so I just dropped my 112 skinning so that I'd be able to at least play with rune for the time being.

To recreate the scenario most likely all you need to do is pick up skinning from a trainer, and level it to the point that it begins giving you bonus crit rating (it may even be like that at level 1, I'm not 100% certain).

Chances are if this occurs with skinning, if there are any other professions that give similar boosts to secondary stats passively, the bug occurs with them as well.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:21 pm

Catus assumes max profession since it makes the profession interface simple (just a selector.) I thought the primary use case was testing the potency of other professions but getting your imported armory correct is probably #1.

This will be fixed in Catus2.

Postby Dwooed » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:38 pm

raffy wrote:Catus assumes max profession since it makes the profession interface simple (just a selector.) I thought the primary use case was testing the potency of other professions but getting your imported armory correct is probably #1.

This will be fixed in Catus2.

In my case since I didn't have max skinning it was throwing the Rune reforge calculations off. It also breaks the export to AMR because you can't export to AMR if you have different professions than your armory. Obviously the real fix for me would be to get 600 skinning or another profession, which I plan on doing obviously. Still, a bug it is nonetheless.

Thanks for looking into it.

Postby Dolenraug » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:44 pm

Good evening/day to you all, I have just recently updated my current gear and from that moment on I just can't do a right Reforge using Catus, i have tried (and spent a fortune) now this evening but Catus show different stats for me everytime. :( I know it's not the program itself, it's me who sucks. So, i turn to you who know what to to, to help me (once again) with this and please show/write down what gear i should reforge to what.

Thank you so very much in advance!

This is my char: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... g/advanced

Best Regards
//Dolenraug

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:59 pm

I imported your kitty, clicked (Reset to Defaults) under Reforge, and clicked (Reforge) and then (Minimize Cost).

Shopping List:
Code: Select all
Enchants: 1
       Hands: Enchant Gloves - Greater Haste: +170 Haste

Reforgerade:
Head : MasteryRating -> HasteRating
Neck : HasteRating -> CritRating
Shoulders : ExpertiseRating -> HitRating
Back : MasteryRating -> ExpertiseRating
Chest : CritRating -> HasteRating
Wrists : HitRating -> MasteryRating
Hands : MasteryRating -> ExpertiseRating
Waist : MasteryRating -> CritRating
Legs : CritRating -> HasteRating
Feet : HitRating -> ExpertiseRating
Ring1 : ExpertiseRating -> HasteRating
Ring2 : CritRating -> HasteRating
MainHand : MasteryRating -> ExpertiseRating

Postby Dolenraug » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:17 am

raffy wrote:I imported your kitty, clicked (Reset to Defaults) under Reforge, and clicked (Reforge) and then (Minimize Cost).

Shopping List:
Enchants: 1
       Hands: Enchant Gloves - Greater Haste: +170 Haste

Reforgerade:
Head : MasteryRating -> HasteRating
Neck : HasteRating -> CritRating
Shoulders : ExpertiseRating -> HitRating
Back : MasteryRating -> ExpertiseRating
Chest : CritRating -> HasteRating
Wrists : HitRating -> MasteryRating
Hands : MasteryRating -> ExpertiseRating
Waist : MasteryRating -> CritRating
Legs : CritRating -> HasteRating
Feet : HitRating -> ExpertiseRating
Ring1 : ExpertiseRating -> HasteRating
Ring2 : CritRating -> HasteRating
MainHand : MasteryRating -> ExpertiseRating

Ahh thank you so very much raffy!

Postby Wildness » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:35 am

Error when i try to export reforges with the AskMrRobot buttom (for the AskMrRobot Addon)

Export: AskMrRobot
Your Waist: [569] Snow Lily Belt is using an unobtainable item level (+16).

Snow Lily Belt is the feral LeatherWorking Craft (553) and available for the 4/4.
My belt have +16 ingame: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dalaran/Wildness/advanced

Using Windows 8.1 Pro U1 Dual-Orion (x64) and latest vesion of Java & Catus (v42)

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:29 pm

Released Catus 43
- Fixed Extra Upgrades for Crafted Gear
- Added Periodic Enemy Casting:
- Added latest PvP and T17 bonuses:

- 2pc T17 is way overpowered (like +7% DPS in MoP gear)
- I kept the old 2pc bonus implemented
- If you have an enemy that casts, 2pc PvP is also pretty nuts.
- [x] Periodic Casting and (Override Set Bonuses) to experiment.

Note: remember Catus is still a MoP simulator, no accurate WoD simulations until Catus2.

Honored

Reforge on crit wrong after catus

Postby bacevicius » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:09 pm

moved by raffy
Whats wrong with the reforge an gemming after catus only on my alt.. its showing 500 less crit everytime I reforge and re gem for rune

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:00 pm

Catus assumes max profession: is your alt Druid a Skinner?

For a quick response, please include your armory when asking character-specific questions.

Honored

Postby bacevicius » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:38 pm

That would be it then thanks....

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:02 pm

This is easy to fix: just set the "Crit Gap" in the reforger to 480.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:11 am

Released Catus 44
- restored Warcraft Logs functionality
- can import via any warcraftlogs.com (instead of extracting the id manually)
- mirror based weakened armor properly removes armor instead of adding armor :p
- weapon swap tooltip properly matches enchant (only a visual bug)

Postby Untamable » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:23 am

Hey!

I tried using the warcraftlog import for a Garrosh fight, and tried to compare a sim to my parse, but I think it was not working the way I thought it would.

Does it only copy buffs/debuffs and not specific fight mechanics? Is there a way I can make it work properly for such fights?

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/B79 ... amage-done

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced

Thank you so much!

Postby Nikkien » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:27 pm

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to import my current equipped gear , into Catus? Battle.net isn't updating correctly. Any help would be great.

Honored

Postby Ekthelion » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:49 pm

There's an Edit button. Get your items' ids from wowhead and put them there. This should be enough. However it's weird that battlenet doesn't work correctly for you. The moment I hit Logout button my new gear is already available on battlenet (and therefore on Catus). Maybe Catus is blocked by your system somehow from connecting to the network (happened to me already hence this tip).
Da Vuhdo iz wid'ya mon!

Postby Nikkien » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:44 pm

Ekthelion wrote:There's an Edit button. Get your items' ids from wowhead and put them there. This should be enough. However it's weird that battlenet doesn't work correctly for you. The moment I hit Logout button my new gear is already available on battlenet (and therefore on Catus). Maybe Catus is blocked by your system somehow from connecting to the network (happened to me already hence this tip).

Thanks for the help. I thought for a moment I had to update my gear with all my current gems, reforges and enchants. I now realize that all of that is irrelevant if I import with the askmrrobot add-on. Battle.net issue is pretty common and now I am no longer concerned , seeing how Catus is so awesome and fast to update manually.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:53 am

FYI: You can hold down [alt] while you import to repull armory data from Blizzard (although this won't help if the problem is some connection issue.) Catus temporarily caches almost everything locally to avoid spamming the user with random Import dialogs. By default, I think armory data is kept for ~30sec.

---

Off-topic: does anyone know how the 80% energy refund on missed attacks interacts with energy cost reductions? (Berserk, Clearcasting, etc.)

Shred (baseline 40 energy)
-- with Berserk (20 energy) refunds 32 or 16?
-- with Clearcasting (no cost) refunds 32 or 0?

And what about Glyph of Ferocious Bite heal? Does it use base cost or reduced cost and does it include the extra energy consumed?

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:26 pm

I've been slowly grinding away on Catus2, but recently I had the desire to give Catus multi-class multi-unit support.

For reference, the simulator for Catus1 is just a single "cat" with enemies. This is the same model I was using for my earlier Catus2 work. The advantage of this approach is that it makes everything super simple, but it really kills the opportunity to do cool and interesting stuff.

So I'm putting that project on hold, and I've started fresh with a new Catus2 whose simulator is a "world" where you can have a "cat" (or 10 "cats" or a "bear" or whatever) inside of it, with different action lists. I'm going to support 2d positions (with facing angles, travel time, movement, etc.) so stuff like Swipe and Typhoon are legit. I intend on having SpellId support, although all of the configuration will be manual (instead of direct import from the game data like Simc.)

In about a month, if I'm not making much progress, I'll return to my original project.

Catus2 will be open-source so I started a github project with my new code, although there's basically nothing to look at yet except a bunch of concepts. Eventually I'll merge in the other projects I've been developing to support Catus, like my WarKit Java library, which is backed by my new WoD Item API, which makes pretty much all armory/paper-doll/equipment-related stuff super easy.

Previous

Return to Kitty DPS